Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Rytheric posted:

cucumbers the best vegetable on earth,

:eng101: Cucumbers are a fruit

Buy a fridge and an immersion circulator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Jesus Christ, move out of your boss’ house, rent somewhere with a kitchen, get ingredients delivered if you find queuing too stressful, stop eating two McMuffins for breakfast that’s just terrible

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Rytheric posted:

Yeah it's floating just below 700 depending on how much I use my Amazon credit card before paying it off. It was 530 when I moved in with my boss. So the goals of moving in with my boss has almost been achieved. But I guess I sacrificed my health along the way. I hope I can fix that though.

Edit: just looked at my credit everything I described earlier fell off. I still have a ding on my Subaru ascent I turned in. Then I have 26 dings because I missed 2 student loan payments in 2018 and each miss payment gets dinged 13 times since it spreads over 13 loans. I should probably consolidate that.

I moved to America and rented an apartment in Jacksonville with literally no credit score and managed to find somewhere good enough for me, my wife and our infant son.

I had to pay for a years worth of broadband because Comcast didn’t recognise my UK credit rating, I wasn’t allowed a contract cellphone and I couldn’t get a lease on a car and I still managed to find somewhere to live with a fridge.

Move out of your boss’ house.

Edit: it had a dishwasher too, which I had never had up until that point, it was a great apartment

Scientastic fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 6, 2021

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I. M. Gei posted:

EDIT: Just to be clear, this is Jacksonville, Florida we’re talking about right? Not like Jacksonville, Texas or some other Jacksonville?

Yes, Jacksonville Florida. It was a very strange experience and makes me extra glad to be living in London now.