Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Everett False posted:

Getting medication for your ADHD will probably help with not becoming completely out-of-your-mind overwhelmed by intense junk food cravings.

Depending on the medication you take yeah, methylphenidate (ritalin) has a very common side effect of suppressing appetite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Haifisch posted:

If you're in a situation where you're considering fast food and can't/don't want to cook, do your body and wallet a favor and pick up some premade meals at the grocery store instead. They're more expensive and less healthy than cooking for yourself, but they're less expensive and more healthy than fast food. And they have nutrition facts printed right on them so you can avoid the ones that are really awful in the sodium/carbs department. You just have to put in the effort of figuring out which ones are okay-ish for you once and then buy those in the future. And you buy multiple at a time so you only have to go to the store when it makes sense in your schedule. Not having a fridge/freezer limits things a bit, but least canned/shelf-stable boxed stuff is an option. (seconding the Tasty Bite recommendation from a few pages ago, btw)

Premade meals would be perfect for him, there's a plenty of shelf stable ones.

Indian cuisine is generally pretty good for this, soft pack microwavable ready-eat meals, add in a microwavable cup of brown rice and you have a very tasty and fairly nutritious meal with known nutritional information on the package.
All for about $3-4 a meal.

Buy the rice cups in bulk and you can use them for other things. There's probably also microwavable quinoa or other grains, they will likely cost more but add some variety.

I'd also really recommend stocking up on some kind of granola/oat bars as they good as an impulse snack that will stop you buying fast food.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Just a reminder that grocery delivery is a thing, and very useful if you don't have time to go out yourself.

I dont think they deliver to trucks

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Rytheric posted:

So one warning sign of gout I've discovered is the hot knee. Right now my knees are radiating so much heat that I'm quite toasty under my blanket. Why I'm about to have a flare up despite eating better though probably has to due with a lack of sleep lately and the effects of eating better things bit to take in. Or I'm blowing myself out so much I'm getting dehydrated.

When I first noticed it it wasn't kind of crazy. I was laying in RyTruk on a winters evening before RyTruk had walls and I was sleep on a couch in it and my left knee was keeping me warm almost single leggedly

This is a circulation thing pretty sure.