Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I sincerely think the best thing you could do for yourself, Ry, is get into a stable living situation(read: an actual apartment with an actual lease & an actual fridge, not tied to your boss or anyone else you work with) and stay in it without making big plans for truck living/a new murderhaus/etc for at least a year or two while you work on things like 'being able to have money on hand without immediately spending it on stupid poo poo', 'learning to cook healthy food instead of eating 4000 calories/10,000 mg sodium of KFC a day', and ultimately the most important thing for you to work on: impulse control in general(since that's at the root of 99% of your problems right now, to the point where I strongly suggest seeing a therapist about it. You said in the previous thread you have ADHD, so you're extremely unlikely to get a handle on this without professional help. This isn't a judgement on you - your brain is literally wired differently from a neurotypical person's in this department. I am not joking when I say :therapy: should be one of the top two items on your priority list right now). I'm not saying this to be mean or to crush your dreams. I'm saying this because I'm legitimately worried about you & want you to succeed. Having no stability in your life makes it difficult, if not impossible, to succeed in the things you want to do.

Ambitious nontraditional housing projects are for people who already have their poo poo together and can afford to spend all their time, money, and mental/physical energy focusing on them. Someone bouncing from crisis to crisis needs to focus on breaking out of that cycle first, and then they can consider big projects like that. And you are in a cycle of crisis, whether it feels that way to you or not - you're quasi-homeless, struggling with financial discipline(to put it mildly), have a literal chronic health problem you're struggling to manage(which is exacerbated by the quasihomelessness - it's a lot harder to eat well if you don't have a fridge to keep fresh ingredients in) and a mental health problem you're not managing(which is going to make all your other problems harder to deal with).

I'm glad you're taking baby steps towards a better diet, but remember that the important part is sticking to a better diet in the long term(as in 'the rest of your life' long term) without backsliding into spending $40/day on KFC and Bojangles, and I'm concerned that the backsliding will happen a lot until you stabilize the rest of your life. On that note...

Rytheric posted:

One of many issued that occurred over the use of the kitchen was that his fiance wants us to eat together as a family, but I refused to do that because he believed that cholesterol was a myth and I had no idea what he was eating nutrition wise whereas I use to tabulate everything on chronometer prior to living with them. The result of this was that he had a triple bypass 3 months ago. So I would have been worse shape than I am now if I ate his cooking. If I ate with them he'd do all the dishes where as if I cooked I'd be fussed at if i didn't clean immediately or if I forgot something. The benefit of fast food was that I could see what I was eating, but as some pointed out. I lost track of that at some point if I didn't realize I was eating 10,000 MG salt.
If you're in a situation where you're considering fast food and can't/don't want to cook, do your body and wallet a favor and pick up some premade meals at the grocery store instead. They're more expensive and less healthy than cooking for yourself, but they're less expensive and more healthy than fast food. And they have nutrition facts printed right on them so you can avoid the ones that are really awful in the sodium/carbs department. You just have to put in the effort of figuring out which ones are okay-ish for you once and then buy those in the future. And you buy multiple at a time so you only have to go to the store when it makes sense in your schedule. Not having a fridge/freezer limits things a bit, but least canned/shelf-stable boxed stuff is an option. (seconding the Tasty Bite recommendation from a few pages ago, btw)

Also move out of your boss's place ASAP, this whole situation is an entangled mess that's hamstringing your attempts to live(and eat) better. The goal is making healthy choices easier than fast food, but without a fridge or reliable access to a kitchen, you're going to have a hard time with that.

Rytheric posted:

In regards to the apartment issue. I had several apartments in the area refuse me when I moved here based on the kohl's credit card and the credit card I paid after the burning event as they were defaulted. I dont think anything counts as defaulted anymore.
Pull your credit reports from all three bureaus(you can do that for free here, do not pay for any addons or extra services they might push on you) and look at them. I know you said you "just looked at [your] credit" earlier but a)I want to make sure you're looking at your actual full credit report and not a free credit score-type thing from your bank/credit card/etc, and b)I want you to pay enough attention to what you're reading to know for sure whether or not you have stuff in default negatively affecting you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU