Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

Rytheric posted:

So, i am actually experienced in this area of interest. Typically marinas you can liveaboard at have harbor facilities where you can poo and do laundry and even cook if cooking on your sailboat is too cramped. You can also hook up to shore power for power. A marina I just glanced at (was looking for "shelterable" marinas, leaning more towards south carolina) and its roughly $310 a month + $60 a month for electricity. Unfortunately the PO of my sailboat ripped out my head, however, harbor toilets would be better anyway.

Pumping out the head was always the most disgusting part of having a boat, so yeah you're probably better off using the marina facilities short term but never underestimate the convenience of not having to stumble around the docks at night when you need to take an emergency crap.

iirc from the last thread, you have a pretty decent sized boat (over 30' I think?) so I'm curious what your cooking setup is like in there. I grew up sailing on a 28' Pearson that, despite less than stellar cooking facilities, we still managed to cook up decent family meals in. If hooking up to power is something you're talking about, then I assume you may have a real fridge and not an glorified built-in cooler like we did? Even if you're stuck with something like that, you can still do a lot with decent ice chest! Plus, there's nothing finer than getting a grill set up on the stern and cooking something good out on the water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU