Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

if you've decided to subsist solely on takeout food because you don't have the means to cook for yourself because you live in an abandoned box truck, there are a lot of healthier options you can look towards - one of the best parts of the growth of fast casual is that "fast food" isn't just fried carbs. qdoba, chipotle, etc. all have very low carb options - you can get a salad bowl from chipotle with a half serving of brown rice, chicken, all the veggies you want (skip the queso and sour cream) and it'll come in around 500ish calories with a pretty good caloric breakdown.

whole foods salad and fresh food bar is a good option. most grocery stores also have healthy options via a salad bar and things like grilled chicken.

but yes, buy a fridge.

do not use a gas camping stove inside. you will kill yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

Rytheric posted:

Yeah, I wasn't going to use a gas camping stove. It looks like they have 12v crockpots and sauce pans. Which may be interesting. I may get a small 12v cooler as I'm thinking about maybe adding storage seats in the truck.

if you don't have consistent power and refrigeration its going to be really difficult to cook for yourself, so you should look towards other options, i.e. salads whose ingredients you store in a good quality cooler, cereals/grains (with shelf stable almond milk), overnight oats, or even simple sandwiches. i would probably do something like pick up a few prepared salad mixes, some veggies and fruits to throw in, and then some grilled chicken from a grocery store. it'll be cheaper than takeout.

look at blogs at people who do the RV/van life for better tips, probably, on ways to make cooking and refrigeration work.