Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Hi Ry, just dropping in to say I am glad you are doing better on the eating unhealthy stuff front. Also I didn't get to mention before the other thread got sent to heaven, but good on you for getting the exhaust fixed. I know we were really pushy about it, but over the next month or so, not inhaling CO, coupled with the dietary changes, you're gonna start feeling a hell of a lot better. Stick to it man, like corgski said, we want you to succeed and not die.

As someone who lives alone I find myself frequently confronted with the conundrum of not being able to buy most things in single-person quantities, and if one isn't careful, this can result in a distressing amount of wasted food and as a consequence, money. Sometimes it is cheaper to buy the smaller quantity of something. Milk, as an example for this, another 30 cents buys you twice as much milk, but then you end up using half and paying the extra 30 cents every time. Obviously the price difference isn't always 30 cents, but I hope you understand what I mean.

Another way to combat that is to cook family-size amounts of food and eat the same thing for dinner for several days. For example, I made 4L of parsnip and butternut squash soup earlier in the week and 1kg of chili-con-carne-style taco beef on Wednesday. Lunch today was the third of 8 500mL of the soup, and dinner was three tacos, each using 100g of beef, all the baby spinach I could stuff into them, a goonly amount of cheese, and sour cream. I make the taco seasoning myself and put 3/4tsp of salt into it, and the 4L of soup was seasoned with about 2tsp of salt.

Look into solar, you got a nice bit of roof area on the top of the truck and could easily support several kilowatts of panels. Sometimes on CL you can get those cheap but aliexpress is also where most solar suppliers buy from so you can cut out the middle-man and save literally thousands on a solar setup. CSB from the other thread has a bitching solar setup on his camper that is more than able to run all of this stuff without the need for shore power almost all of the time.

As for the making GBS threads, you've eaten more roughage in the last two days than the last two months, this was going to happen.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU