Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

simplefish posted:

https://majoroutput.com/eJxlj8ERhTA...-2wmlVg==@4.png

Pterodactyl

If someone wants to do the adjacent tile in their own style, it could be cool to build a franken-dinobird together

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

I love it.

A square cannot contain the longness

PinheadSlim posted:

LOOK OUT KIDS ITS STONEY STEVE, HE'S HIGH AS HELL AND LOOKIN FOR A FIGHT

Further proof I need to get onto making the tile editor right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

You're being scammed, those are trick dice - six should be opposite one.

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Some kinda otter. I don't know.

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Oops, I made another one. The image link isn't working right, though? So here's Imgur instead:

Last Visible Dog fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Mar 24, 2021

.random
May 7, 2007

FWIW, it looks like the maximum URL length for the img tag might be 246, after which it’ll just show as the URL. :ohdear:

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

.random posted:

FWIW, it looks like the maximum URL length for the img tag might be 246, after which it’ll just show as the URL. :ohdear:

I wish it was that simple, but it also has to do with what characters are in the string. Try replacing with all 0’s, and it will try to display an image instead of the text string.

Other strings also display as text that are much shorter than 246.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3961070&perpage=40&noseen=1#post513039883

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

These are really cute and I'm borrowing them

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Thanks, and feel free!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I made a face Balldo

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Working on the animator right now. The tile map will take a bit of work to figure out how to design, so I'm not doing it right now. It would be vital to have the convenience of seeing the adjacent tiles around the one you placed if you wanted to edit the pixels, but you could also toggle it on and off.

The animator will start off with the image you were editing, and a button to edit the pixels of the selected frame, duplicate selected image, and insert new image with a web address. Reordering frames works by clicking and dragging them. You will also be able to edit the delay of each frame. Pretty much everything that a gif would allow you to do, and the output will be a downloadable gif with correctly indexed colors.

Good Sphere fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Mar 26, 2021

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I'm dying for the animator, I made basic pixel guys for a small game I made and I can't wait to post those little fellers bobbin up and down and runnin every which way

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Hugo Pratt shakes his head in shame here:

Edit: Hold on, can make it better

Edit edit: there we are:

Samovar fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Mar 27, 2021

.random
May 7, 2007

I hope you don’t hate me but I wanted to try out this whole pixel interpolating. Or. Um. Whatever the real word is

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

.random posted:

I hope you don’t hate me but I wanted to try out this whole pixel interpolating. Or. Um. Whatever the real word is

How in earth could I hate that?! Splendid.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

it's Dr. Worm

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

OMG GIF ANIMATIONS ARE NOW LIVE!!!

Go to https://MajorOutput.com
You'll notice a new bar up top. Draw whatever you want, and click Animate. Don't be afraid.

Boom! The thing you drew will be an added frame in the new animate page.

You can clone frames, and change their pixels by clicking on the draw button:

This makes it easy to go back and forth between frames and the animation. Note: The Clear button will erase everything!

You can change the duration of every frame. This icon here is the category. There is turtle (slow) and bunny (fast).

Click the delay time to toggle through four presets for the speed category:

These are the shift frame buttons. For now I just have these buttons to push a frame back and forth along the timeline.

Click the "export to gif" button to export your animated masterpiece.

A window will come up. The gif is not a permanent link. Click download it, and upload it to some image hosting, such as imgur.

I've been so excited to share this, but I wanted to wait until I felt it was working and designed well enough. There's lots to fix.

-Some images in the drawing editor do not work (I'll figure this out and update soon)
-The site needs better context to where you are currently, possibly by styling the Draw and Animate buttons
-The Animate page needs to display the buttons as disabled while playing (except for the play button)
-Sometimes after adding a frame from a URL, it doesn't select the frame on the canvas
-Some cloned frames have small variations in the color. Not sure of the cause of if it affects exported gifs yet.
-You can't really author multiple animations, or save your work to edit later.

Please let me know if you run into issues, have suggestions, etc. And I'm so sorry if the site screws up and decides to delete your stuff somehow.

I can't wait to see what you make!!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

You're pretty kickin rad Good Sphere and I can't wait to gently caress with this when I'm less busy

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
:yosnice:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

It still looks like there are some cases where you could draw something starting off with the default blank color, click on animate, and then it doesn't bring it over, so you just lost your drawing, which is horrible. I'll get on it as soon as I can and give updates.

edit - Seems to be just my iPhone. So far my desktop hasn't been affected.

Good Sphere fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Apr 2, 2021

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

For some reason I've been having a hard time reproducing any of the problems I've mentioned. I can't get consistent results. Please let me know if you have problems retaining your images going back and forth between Draw and Animate.

Here's a blue tongue person:

.random
May 7, 2007

Good Sphere posted:

For some reason I've been having a hard time reproducing any of the problems I've mentioned. I can't get consistent results. Please let me know if you have problems retaining your images going back and forth between Draw and Animate.

Here's a blue tongue person:

This is very cool. Also, that is a red tongue person. Also also, is the opposite of a Good Sphere a Circle Jerk?

I would animate something but I am incompetent so I am just waiting on actual talented people :3:

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

I updated some stuff on the site. You can use the arrow keys to go back and forth on frames while it's paused, as well as hit the spacebar to play/pause. I fixed an image bug where some images wouldn't display on the site. There is another problem image I'm trying to fix right still.

.random posted:

This is very cool. Also, that is a red tongue person. Also also, is the opposite of a Good Sphere a Circle Jerk?

I would animate something but I am incompetent so I am just waiting on actual talented people :3:

Same here. Most I can get myself to do is random crap like this:

Rat Patrol posted:

it's Dr. Worm

These are superb.

So did you shift this, recolor it and redraw the mouse pointer? Looks really good.

Good Sphere fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 3, 2021

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Thread is awesome and very gold. Good work op, and everyone making these.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:hmmyes:

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Here come the ceiling cats

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Thread is awesome and very gold. Good work op, and everyone making these.

Thank you!

Why would you ever do this to Krusty!? :gonk:

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Good Sphere posted:

Galaxy defendeeeers

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

Good Sphere posted:

Passion of the Krust

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

I just found out today this site is very broken on Chrome for Android. (Popup dialogue windows on Animate aren’t visible unless you scroll. Undo/Redo not enabled on Draw)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Good Sphere posted:

Thank you!

reordered the cats there's a loop sequence where they're all out at the same time if you feel like letting yourself get hypnotized, but it might depend on browser and luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO9aot9RgQc

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:lol:

Xaintrailles posted:

Passion of the Krust

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Update 4-5-21 3:43pm EST: It should save your last used color between Animate and Draw, because in a lot of cases you may want to continue drawing with your last saved color. Also, it should save your image even if you close the window by mistake or something. It also updates the URL of the image code as you draw! I've had some questionable things happen, but I think so far it's good. Let me know what issues you experience.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

reordered the cats there's a loop sequence where they're all out at the same time if you feel like letting yourself get hypnotized, but it might depend on browser and luck

I like how you arranged that!

Xaintrailles posted:

Passion of the Krust

lol