Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Wow the Ms have a 5-2 road trip and suddenly they're 1st in the West? What happened to the Astros and Angels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Intruder posted:

That's only been for one game though (so far)

In their current losing streak they've given up 6, 7, 6, 8 and 6 runs. It's been the pitching that's been the problem (they haven't been scoring either to be fair)

Also the M's get to face the covid ravaged Astros so the lead over them should widen

I'm honestly okay with this.

We'll need the wins for when the Dodgers come into town next week.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oh god the Dodgers are 11-2?!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

I would like to attend a parade as an adult, that would be pretty nice. (I was living in Boston in 2009 :smith:)

I'm a Seattle native, cry me a river.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

mcmagic posted:

That is actually somehow better than what the Yankees are doing because if YOU owe a guy 19 million, there is more of an incentive to try to get something out of him... The Yankees are paying Odor literally nothing lol.

holy poo poo, the Rangers DFA'd him and the Yankees traded for him less than a week later?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

N: The Mariners' top of the order went a combined 1 for 10 with 4Ks and only one run scored.

V: Ms beat Dodgers 4-3

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm psyched

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm glad he's okay, but I'm also glad he's sitting out today's game.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Penisaurus Sex posted:

One of us is far more likely to be happy in October and we both know who it is.

You're talking to mcmagic, I'm not convinced he's ever happy.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

mcmagic posted:

As opposed to everyone else who hates to be right lol.

I certainly hate being right about politics.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

bawfuls posted:

Kenley Jansen just hit 97 for the first time in years en route to a 1-2-3 inning in Seattle. Sure seems like the trick is to only let him pitch every other day at this point.

I would have preferred if he'd rediscovered his groove after getting shelled by the Ms, but oh well.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

this is an insane statistic

why is he not a mariner

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

N: Mariners held to 3 hits over 10 innings.

V: Ms beat Red Sox 7-3

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/DKramer_/status/1385398389093797895?s=20

Last night's strike zone was, uh, something

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Patrick Spens posted:

Didn't the Mariners draw like 7 walks that game too?

They did, yes. There were a lot of obvious strikes that were called balls as well.

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1385383411553087490?s=20

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Chamale posted:

Mike Trout has a .521 OBP and Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is right behind him with .513. It's so exciting to watch them both crushing the ball.

Also Joey Gallo is batting .222 with a .455 OBP, literally more walks than hits.

At first, I read that as Joey Votto and my reaction was "yeah, that tracks." Then I reread the name and my jaw dropped.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Shrecknet posted:

The DH is already optional per the rules, every couple years some manager goofs and an NL team loses their DH for a game. Of note: tje DH can replace ANY position, so you could have your DH replace your Mendoza-level SS on the days DeGrom is pitching.

I remember a game between the Mariners and the A's a few years back where the As' catcher got injured or ejected in the first or second inning.

Their backup catcher was DHing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

These overlays make hitting seem impossible.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That's pretty TTO.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

seiferguy posted:

It was a couple of years ago but they brought in a local ice cream company to do ice cream sandwiches and they were absolutely bomb. Only issue was the line was so long I missed like 3 innings waiting for it.

I remember this! They were incredible.

They also had a mini doughnut bar that was very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

:drat: