Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Max Fried scratched from his first scheduled spring start tomorrow with potential COVID exposure; has not tested positive though. I don't like it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Odorizzi to the Astros, two years (plus/counting?) a player option.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Yeah I just spent the whole ~6 months or whatever assuming either Hulu or Youtube would eventually patch up their dispute with the regional Foxes over the course of the offseason and it seems they have not...

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Ender Inciarte missing time with some thumb problem should lock up the starting job for CF Christian Pache but unless contrary to reports they do have some trick up their sleeve they kinda do need Ender as the fourth OF/Ozuna sub.

Reportedly looking into Maikel Franco as a bench piece? It's a pretty thin bench.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Chief McHeath posted:

Even at retail, so-called blaster boxes that usually retail around $20 are quickly purchased by middle aged men to sell at a markup. Like, these fuckers will find out when Target gets stocked, creep around the card area, waiting for hours to buy up literally everything the distributor puts on the shelf so they can flip it on eBay.
Heard a card vendor at a store I go to say dudes even found him at home. Was it Pokemon or something that exploded recently cause I feel like people kicked it up an extra notch in the last month or so?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Gotta be honest -- and this is just cause, as you probably know, the pandemic kinda tightened things up for all of us -- personally I would not pay $15Gs for the autograph of Randal Grichuk or Tyler Matzek, at least not until I get the chance to move some money around.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

76% lol

Acuņa continues to mash non-stop dingers in spring training, just being in Florida reminds him of how much he hates the Marlins

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Jesus Camargo moving weight while Atlanta utility piece Johan Camargo reportedly losing weight, regaining the range needed to secure a bench spot after underperforming at the plate and in the field for two seasons past an ephemeral breakout.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/1375136918976004104
Kinda thought he was on track to make the roster

E: maybe not
https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/1375139186076966914

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 25, 2021

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Bryse Wilson seems to have, for now, won the fifth starter job over Kyle Wright but was optioned today as Atlanta apparently plans to minmax the roster, carrying an extra reliever and throwing a bullpen game until they actually need a fifth starter in the second week of April.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

quote:

The Braves made a slew of roster moves on Saturday, which included selecting the contracts of infielders Pablo Sandoval and Ehire Adrianza and reliever Nate Jones. The team also optioned pitcher Bryse Wilson, infielder Johan Camargo and catcher William Contreras to the alternate training site.
Camargo must be toast if he couldn't make that bench. A little surprised they wouldn't take Contreras as the backup for that month until the AAA season starts -- once it does they'd want him playing there every day for development but that scheduling quirk seemed to flip the calculation at the start of the season at least.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Does he also have a doppelganger on the Rangers?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I'm super stoked, I think this is a good team with a high ceiling but I mostly just wanna fill a ton of time with baseball.

Interesting non-news I hadn't actually heard until today: Atlanta had agreed to a $9m deal with Kirby Yates early in the winter, but he failed the physical.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

blossommirage posted:

I am excited, but terrified. Worried we'll try to rush back Soroka.
I think he's still maybe a month away. Sounds like no setbacks so far but I haven't gotten any impression that they're rushing him.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

MLB The Show will be included in Xbox Game Pass when it launches April 20.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Does it count as lolMets to finally assemble a promising roster under new management and just be unable to actually play baseball

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

As expected Braves-Nats postponed, only Monday so far.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I watched it elsewhere but the ESPN broadcast this afternoon of Atlanta-Philly was blacked out for me because the game was also theoretically available on the RSNs, which Hulu TV does not carry.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1378898089273069571

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

MLB says Braves-Nats on for tomorrow with a (7-inning) doubleheader Wednesday to make up tonight's game. Smyly would pitch tomorrow, with Fried plus a bullpen going Wednesday, should this actually happen.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Lol Acuña just sent Washington's first pitch of the season into the bullpen

(this counts as news)

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

elentar posted:

The Braves have sent cash considerations (.jpg) to the Pirates for Edgar Santana, who has not pitched in the majors since 2018 following Tommy John and an 80-game PED suspension, 20 of which he is still serving.
Took me most of the article I first saw to realize the E. Santana with a PED suspension was not Ervin reuniting with Atlanta.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

DeGrom willingly chose to re-sign with the Mets for some reason

That's on him
Looked up his contract, $35m this year, same next, his opt-out after '22 or $32.5m in '23 and a team option for one more year at the same.

Even with the new labor environment at that point does he opts out to seek a long-term deal at similar AAV? e: eh he'd be 34

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Ozzie Albies, 6'5", 35 years old
https://twitter.com/BravesLiz/status/1381013593659949057

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

quote:

Kyle Wright threw 78 pitches in his 2021 debut. Of those 78 pitches across 4 1⁄3 innings of work, four hit a Cubs batter. The result? Wright tied the record for most hit batsmen in a game going back to 1901
:toot:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Did he like strain an ab or something
https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/1383975618941837315
I am now a doctor

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

elentar posted:

given the off days they need to just send him on back to Atlanta, even if he avoids the IL there's really no reason to put him through the two games in New York when he could get four days of rest for the next home series.
Give Heredia the chance to smash a few more slams too

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I concur with Dr. Wilson's clinical assessment
https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/1383979311472857101

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Acuña day to day, diagnosis is mild abdominal strain, not going to the IL

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Acuña also sitting today. Might be the ab thing, might have lost his job to Guillermo Heredia, time will tell.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Acuña sitting again tonight, might come back after tomorrow's off day and also
https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/1384972999149998080

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Anyone know of a way to disable the live score on MLB.TV broadcasts? I tend to pause or load up late and get spoiled.
There's a "hide spoiler" option on the PS4 and mobile apps, I assume it'd be somewhere in the settings on every platform.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Rainout in Atlanta, 7-inning doubleheader tomorrow. Figure shaving a few innings off the bullpen workload and giving Smyly another day probably doesn't hurt them.

I'm like 500 miles away and still my first thought is always "wtf the weather's fine" when that happens.

e: yeah good reason
https://twitter.com/TruistPark/status/1386079015753093132

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 24, 2021

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

elentar posted:

Pretty clear something's gonna have to give.
Of the returning players, like almost ten off the top of my head you could make a case that they did not have another season ahead of them better than their '20: Freeman (no slight, just an MVP at 30 is probably a career peak), Ozuna (same, just went bananas last year), D'Arnaud (clearly figured something out after leaving NY but was never that guy before so how long would it last?), Swanson (can flash stretches like that before but never stays healthy or good for very long), Fried (good pitcher overperforming his peripherals for a great season, usually has injury trouble over 162), Anderson (promising debut but very hard to stay that hot once there's intel on you), Matzek (fun but not sustainable). Almost all of those are pretty much coming true, though some like Freeman and Ozuna are obviously not as bad as they look right now. Key depth pieces like like Duvall and half the bullpen were let go without really being replaced.

I think we all reasonably figured we wouldn't be getting a worst-case scenario from most of the names above and one residual year of lolMets under new management might keep us afloat but this is going south quickly.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Dansby cleansed the bad vibes in Atlanta with sage
https://mobile.twitter.com/Braves/status/1386837351503212544

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

:yikes: they're opening Truist to 100% capacity Friday after next

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I guess this year is presumably the last chance for a lot of young pitchers to ever get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

GalacticAcid posted:

That Bryce hbp....jesus
goddamn I looked it up and it's not like a joe theisman level thing but I still did not like seeing that