Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
From the Cubs promotional video about the guidelines, each ticket will be assigned a specific entry gate, concession stand, restroom, etc., and the concessions will have mobile ordering in order to not have as long of a line. I also noticed some zip-tied seats so maybe that’ll be in use as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Mustached Demon posted:

Friendly bit of vaccine news: keep an eye out. Missed appointments are common and they give shots out to anyone to avoid them expiring. A local shot shack might even have a call in list for no shows. It's not immoral since that jab needs to go in an arm immediately else it goes in the trash. Places all across the country (especially the chudlands) are moving up the rollout groups because of huge drops in demand.

Idaho, for example, opens up 44+ next week I believe. This week was basically anyone with a job involving being around customers or manufacturing.

I’m already fully vaccinated (yay hospital work... :negative:) but here in Illinois, they’re giving shots to anyone over the age of 65, those with chronic health issues (diabetics, immune compromised, etc.) , and anyone working in food service, manufacturing, etc (basically if you’re an “essential worker.”)

It’s drat near impossible to get one in Chicago, but the state National Guard has a mass vaccination center at the state fairgrounds and they’ll take any Illinois resident though will take priority for those who qualify for the current phase. I believe they’re opening a 2nd location over at the United Center in Chicago.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Oh yeah, I may be fully vaccinated, but I still wear my mask whenever I leave my apartment. I also kinda like wearing the paper masks, tbh... :confuoot:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

something something GDT is up

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

I just saw that the vile Washington nationals have given covid to the beefy lad.

I believe Lester’s out too

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/michael_cerami/status/1380264661979951113?s=21

Blessed be to the math teacher looking relief pitcher

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

Did almora really get that much worse after the foul ball killing that kid?

I’m sure if I clocked a toddler in the face with a line drive, it’d be on my mind every AB after that. Dude was really shaken up when it happened and barely had enough strength to finish his AB (if I remember correctly Joe asked him if he wanted to be subbed out). I still like him, but it’s a shame he wasn’t the same after that incident.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It's fun to watch the Cubs collapse though

I think I’m in the acceptance phase

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

howe_sam posted:

Weirdly enough yes, and the Dodgers aren't alone. Jostens is like *the* jeweler for championship rings.

That was their big selling point when I was in school

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I’m gonna laugh so hard if the Cubs/Mets game gets postponed because it’s goddamn snowing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

https://twitter.com/ShiDavidi/status/1388165075979186178

Kill your heroes

Further:

https://twitter.com/ShiDavidi/status/1388182596648112128

This is hosed up, I'm not sure there are too many more beloved Jays

The only former Blue Jay I can think of at the moment is Bautista and that’s only because of his bat flip and getting punched in the face for it 6 months later.

At least MLB is doing something about the allegation instead of sweeping it under the rug