Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I figured it could also affect the coefficient of restitution of the bat but I have no data. Not that Mythbusters is conclusive but also it's not unheard of for baseball players to do dumb things out of superstition.

basically every time I've seen someone actually test it, it's because they've talked to players who claim that there's a “trampoline effect" that balls bounce off of a corked bat harder or further or whatever better than they do off a normal bat. Basically every study has shown that this isn't the case, but it does make a bat lighter which can help you get better contact, although usually at the cost of power because heavier bat = harder hit ball.

conceptually if you have enough power to muscle it out consistently anyways, a lighter bat could help you square up more often and hit more dongs, but uh, so could just using a lighter bat.

EDIT: I will say that it is HILARIOUSLY baseball to cheat to secretly do something you can already do legally in corking instead of just using a lighter bat

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Mar 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

iirc the servers are up for the three most recently released games. So when 21 drops the online servers for 18 will go down.

But yeah, if you're not a big DD player buying 20 is probably good enough

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

If a team is seriously hurt by a Kingery like contract at 4 million a year contract them

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Sorry, I meant all the broadcast stuff and animations were repetitive, not the gameplay. I’ve only been playing it for a couple days but I feel like I’ve already seen every single player reaction and heard every inane broadcaster line.

brutal honesty, if you're gonna play more than like a game or two a week just set everything to fast/no animations, turn off commentary and just listen to something else in the background. The gameplay is good, the presentation is uh...less good