Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The drunkest I've ever been at a baseball game was 100% at Comiskey so anecdotally it tracks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Intruder posted:

I've never purchased enough overpriced stadium beer to get shitfaced but I've absolutely arrived at the game already there

We do a double header at Wrigley and Comiskey every year and that year we had some kind of all-you-can-drink package for 90 mins before the second game at Comiskey. I couldn't go to the early game that year so I felt like I had to catch up...mistake

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Miz Kriss posted:

I’m already fully vaccinated (yay hospital work... :negative:) but here in Illinois, they’re giving shots to anyone over the age of 65, those with chronic health issues (diabetics, immune compromised, etc.) , and anyone working in food service, manufacturing, etc (basically if you’re an “essential worker.”)

It’s drat near impossible to get one in Chicago, but the state National Guard has a mass vaccination center at the state fairgrounds and they’ll take any Illinois resident though will take priority for those who qualify for the current phase. I believe they’re opening a 2nd location over at the United Center in Chicago.

The UC one is rolling with 1B+ as of a couple days ago, which is sweet.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Julio Cruz posted:

wow yeah he was only *checks notes* 612 hits short

so close, so very close

It's been a fun meme for much longer than, say, a pandemic coming around and stealing 2/3 of a season

Also he'd been healthy as a horse until 2019 barring some issues in 2012.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Not sure why we're pretending that Nick Markakis couldn't be the modern day Jake Daubert

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Lol this is technically correct

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
John Jaso is literally perfect

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

It was INCREDIBLY weird to be at the ballpark with the fake noise. Felt like I was hyper-aware of it the entire time.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hoerner looks JACKED

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Pay minor leaguers more so they don't become drug mules please.

I can't hear you over the din of owner emails using this to justify cutting the minor leagues even further.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Bilirubin posted:

OK chromecast just arrived, MLB.tv sub renewed. It must be time for...

Dodgers Baseball?

(drat it I could not find the funny tic toc lady)

https://twitter.com/deadeyebrakeman/status/1321244917071450112?lang=en

vvvv get owned like the Giants vvvv

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

That's really scary. Coworker had the same thing happen - her kid was fine but she broke her ankle into a million pieces and was gone for awhile.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

It's a good question considering the quoted tweet is saying it's going to be compared to career norms

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

bawfuls posted:

It’s going to be a hosed up winter. Correa, Baez, Story, and Seager all free agents with 3 of those teams signaling they aren’t serious about retaining said shortstop. Yankees get their pick of the bunch while a lockout makes it all moot?

Which 3? Feels like we're trying to make a play for Baez.

God the CBA is gonna be awful. It has consumed my work life at this point

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Wow, that's loving awful

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
While I'm sure it's service time fuckery, Nico's 2020 ended up mediocre enough where I don't mind him getting more time to hopefully continue mashing against AAA pitching. It REALLY seems to have helped Happ. Almora shoulda had the same thing.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
That's a parody account

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Is that ioan or Loan

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
MLB literally tried to delay the season for a month as vaccines were ramping up and the union rejected it

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

I will never forgive the vile Tony Wolters for the 2018 wild card game.

How the gently caress was that 2018

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

IcePhoenix posted:

new thread rule you have to post the highlight when talking about cool poo poo like this

https://twitter.com/MLBHRVideos/status/1377689638970740739

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Did the White Sox inadvertantly have an incredible "Eloy is dead" April Fools joke? TLR grew a sense of humor sometime recently

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Bring it to Wrigley

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
LA got 2022 already because of that. Parker Molloy is an idiot

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
matt_lolliday.gif

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

lmao this is incredible content

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Rougned did nothing wrong

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Broke: corked bats
Woke: corked balls

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Everybody should be required to have John Jaso's hair

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

mcmagic posted:

There is a good argument that the Yankees should've traded Gleyber Torres last season. It's as big of an open question as to what exactly he is as a player, as it's been in his career. It's getting more and more clear that the Yankees have stuck with this core for too long and the longer they wait to make really big changes, the more their assets are depreciating.

between this and Eloy's funeral, it's clear that Theo did nothing wrong

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

mcmagic posted:

As cover for the shitheads who won't take it.

It's almost certainly this, Pete seems like an awesome clubhouse guy and he probably doesn't want to shine a spotlight on his shithead teammates, regardless of how lovely they might be.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Wow Bao is bad

Much like the Cubs

Oddly even knowing that we've only faced lovely batting teams so far, I'm pretty happy about the rotation. Unfortunately all the bats are trash and Krimbel is the only good reliever.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Brandon Arroyo must never be forgotten

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

https://twitter.com/sullybaseball/status/1379875534411157513

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Cubsposters: this is the worst team that has ever existed. I am physically repulsed and am going to throw myself off this building

Also Cubsposters: we aren't even going to TRY and re-sign anybody are we? I am distraught. gently caress this earth

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
the astros threw poo poo on the field every game in 2017-18

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
as much as I would love for all my favorite athletes to avoid Barstool, I have made my peace with the fact that the average athlete is not nuanced enough to read beyond the 90s shock jock humor

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Mike_V posted:

Is Strasburg injured? The Cards hammered him last night and he looked like he wasn't feeling great

His velo was low, could be a definite concern

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I think I would love tying the DH to the starting pitcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Bauer can simultaneously be the reigning cy young winner, a horrible chud, and a dude who choked in the world series five years ago. Nothing there is contradictory in a single poster's opinion