Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah, that’s what they’ve been trying to do for awhile. If we hadn’t already gotten there, we’re now officially at the point where you can’t just buy every possible pack available to you. Or you could, but that would mean $90/week, and I have a feeling this run of base cards is going to be really like standard cards where a star is worth maybe $20, rookies could actually be valuable, and everything else is $1-2. The majority of these packs, the ones without rookies or LeBrons, will probably sell back for half what you paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I bought 10 packs

I should not have bought 10 packs

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

looks like the relevant cards in this drop are:

60k AD
60k CP3
60k Giannis

good rookies: Mobley, Suggs, Davion
longer shot rookies: Josh Christopher, Jalen Johnson, Moses Moody

and maybe there's a 10k Myles Turner and Jaylen Brown

rest will be mostly $2 cards

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I got a Chris Paul, Turner, Jim Butler and AD.

and 4 Cole Anthonys. Also zero rookies.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

$25 fee to withdraw money huh?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Booyah- posted:

$25 fee to withdraw money huh?

IIRC they do wire transfers which a lot of banks typically charge around $20 for, which I mean itself is of course bullshit but yeah they definitely do that to encourage people to keep their money in the system.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
haha wow I bought three packs and just got a whole bunch of trash - some guys I've never even heard of. Doubles of Mo Bamba dunks, jesus.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Red Rox posted:

haha wow I bought three packs and just got a whole bunch of trash - some guys I've never even heard of. Doubles of Mo Bamba dunks, jesus.

yeah I decided to pass on all base set packs. I'll see if I can get into the more limited stuff.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Bunch of stuff here, not even going to try and tldr it

https://twitter.com/TheFirstMint/status/1462112440733384711

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Tuesday morning is the first SERIES 1 (yes 1) reserve drop.

4 moments/pack, all from series 1.

cost is 350 trade tickets.

if you're starting fresh and able to get all 350 at the lowest ask for series 3 moments, that's $700.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

And that’s IF you’re lucky enough to get a good enough spot in the queue for a chance to buy a pack!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

if this had happened before series 3 dropped I'd be thrilled cause people woulda cleaned me out of my series 2 base set moments to get enough tickets, but now that S3 is $2-3 each I'm mostly boned unless someone comes in and cleans out all the <$5 asks.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

My CS has gone from 260 to 306 to 304 over the couple weeks with the only change being I bought a Luke Walton archive at 260.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Fate Accomplice posted:

Tuesday morning is the first SERIES 1 (yes 1) reserve drop.

4 moments/pack, all from series 1.

cost is 350 trade tickets.

if you're starting fresh and able to get all 350 at the lowest ask for series 3 moments, that's $700.

It is next tuesday!

According to livetoken, only like 150 or so people are even elgible at this point, I fully expect the next drop to be lower.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

gently caress it I’m gonna go for the 350 ticket pack.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Sold my Courtney Vandersloot legendary to fund my Iverson showcase challenge completion.

Now just gotta snag a Scottie Barnes today to keep my Raptors set complete.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I SEVERELY underestimated how long it would take to purchase and trade in 300+ moments

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

You can bulk trade in at least, but lol

It took days for me to buy like 150 moments when I was first pumping up my collector score so godspeed

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes/status/1463524580060848140

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I wonder how much they paid him to tweet that.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I basically spent 10+ hours over the last week selling off my moments and buying the cheapest moments I could find to turn into trade tickets. I finally have 350 tickets. I will never attempt to do anything like this again. It was absolutely miserable.

Please god let this pack be valuable.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Did they announce how many people had the 350 tickets by the deadline?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Let's see how much I regret this Fresh Threads pack - oh hello there Scottie Barnes

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Can't believe a few of you went for the trade tickets; i bet the number of eligible people is not that high so you have a good chance of landing one of those reserve packs. Now, will it be worth it? that's another question lol. I didn't think it would be.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Let's see how much I regret this Fresh Threads pack - oh hello there Scottie Barnes
wow that's really lucky. There were only 100 of each of the rookies packed up in those.

Turns out demand wasn't there for them to sell out at once and a lot of people were able to buy like 4, and they were all good for a small profit thanks to the challenges. I only got one though

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
So this is functionally just a ponzi scheme right? Once new money stops coming in everything will lose its value?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

100% yes

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

So this is functionally just a ponzi scheme right? Once new money stops coming in everything will lose its value?

Mostly. The other problem is (imo) it was intended to be a collecting platform like buying baseball cards but the nft bubble turned it into a gold mine around January-March and pretty much every pack was guaranteed to make you money (partly because you had to luck into getting into the queue against 300k other people) sometimes substantial. Now they've been moving it back towards a collectors platform, so the new common moments have higher mint counts, driving the prices down, and now the platform is kind of shaking out into collectors and flippers.

There's also collector score considerations and the fact that Dapper is incompetent and I'm convinced they only employ 3 people, but that's the basic idea. I don't think they were at all prepared to have hundreds of millions of dollars dumped on them and they've struggled to catch up.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

375th place in the queue. Can’t wait to see how much money and time I just threw away!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Got a #632/1500 TJ McConnell assist, a #964/1500 Damian Lilliard handles, #2882/3344 Hassan Whiteside block, and a #562/1000 Derrick Rose jumper.

I guess I’ll wait and see what these turn out to be worth but I have a feeling this was foolish…

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

NFL topshot closed beta supposed to come out during "this season" per their discord. No hints who will be invited yet (employees, friends, family, and influencers to soak up all the rare stuff).

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

RCarr posted:

Got a #632/1500 TJ McConnell assist, a #964/1500 Damian Lilliard handles, #2882/3344 Hassan Whiteside block, and a #562/1000 Derrick Rose jumper.

I guess I’ll wait and see what these turn out to be worth but I have a feeling this was foolish…

Depends how much you value your time I guess!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

RCarr posted:

I did the math and based on momentranks' floors this is about $630.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea it looks like I lost $400 or so in value, as well as 1350 collector score. Not even mentioning all the time I wasted. So it definitely was a terrible terrible idea.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

RCarr posted:

An analysis had Derrick Rose as the median value 1000 LE you could get in this pack (all the packs had one 1000 LE) so your results were pretty par for the course I guess, and absolutely not worth it.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

sharknado slashfic posted:

NFL topshot closed beta supposed to come out during "this season" per their discord. No hints who will be invited yet (employees, friends, family, and influencers to soak up all the rare stuff).

I signed up to be on the list but don't have a big NBA Topshot account. Hoping to get in sorta early and will probably make a small 1-200 dollar bet on flipping some NFL plays or whatever.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

It remains unfathomable to me that top shot still doesn’t have a mobile app

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I wonder whatever happened to that weird game they were planning on releasing.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

bought 4 packs, opened 3 and got a Franz Wagner. best rookie I've picked up so far this season. Wagner and Sengun are the two new ones in this run and both are fairly good.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

How is it that they've never managed to have a pack drop without a technical issue...I just randomly saw on twitter there was one right now and said ok I'll waste $9 for fun and as soon as I join, "we're aware of the issue and are looking into it".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Because they are spending their millions of dollars of profits on cocaine and hookers rather than having a staff.