Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

RCarr posted:

Because they are spending their millions of dollars of profits on cocaine and hookers rather than having a staff.

Oh I know. As far as I can tell their advertising budget is in the negative, but they shouldn't be advertising anyway because they still can't get their platform right. This is going to be a beta for as long as Star Citizen has been in alpha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

In the incredibly offhand chance that anyone who doesn't have a TS account reads this thread (or anyone at all) I guess I'll post this

https://twitter.com/TheFirstMint/status/1471931331810578436

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Why has my Series 1 Derrick Rose moment gone up in price 75% today?

Should I sell it now?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

PULLED A LEBRON MGLE BABY

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

drat congrats

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I got into NFL All Day.

Latest Premium pack is $249 for 4 moments and already sold out.

Latest Standard pack is $49 for 3, also sold out.

both from week 14. no marketplace yet.

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jan 5, 2022

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Still no invite but not surprised. The only thing I really care about at this point is Scottie Barnes becoming an allstar.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I assume anyone who gets an invite is in the top 5% of topshot “investors”?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I got an invite today too. My market value is top 1.2% but I've only put in about 25% of that.

Nfl all day drop on Friday and I'm a dumb gamblor so let's go baby

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea im not hating, I wish I got in early enough to make a bunch of money. It’s just lovely to be on the outside as the rich get richer.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'm on the waitlist and didn't get in, and my topshot account is pretty strong. I don't care about the NFL though so would probably have only gotten the first pack I could and then retired.

congrats on the lebron MGLE. I got a CJ McCollum

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

from previous posts in the discord I can see that there have been at least one prior wave of invites before yesterday's, and I anticipate there'll be more.

it looks like there's only been one round of packs so far, and the second is tomorrow.

point is, if you're on the waitlist, still a chance to get in before general release.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I was in the top 8% or so until I was stupid enough to trade in 350 moments for that first locker pack.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

RCarr posted:

I was in the top 8% or so until I was stupid enough to trade in 350 moments for that first locker pack.

not as dumb as me collecting every cool cat minus the $1400 Luka so I missed out on the ~$4000+ LaMelo. the Luka's also held its value.

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 6, 2022

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

I'm on the waitlist and didn't get in, and my topshot account is pretty strong. I don't care about the NFL though so would probably have only gotten the first pack I could and then retired.

congrats on the lebron MGLE. I got a CJ McCollum

Thanks!

Planning to hold that one longterm so I completed the Davion Mitchell challenge as well which is trading for around ~700 while the moments I bought to complete it have only declined about ~225 from when I purchased them. The new challenge utility for rares is really helping to keep prices of them up post challenge.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

not sure that spending 50 bucks on a field goal, a safety and david carr zippin a pass was worth it!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

not sure that spending 50 bucks on a field goal, a safety and david carr zippin a pass was worth it!

I'm curious how the economics of nfltopshot will pan out.

Semi-relatedly, I need to spend about $60 more to finish what I randomly started collecting (top 10 rebounders this season) and I'm not sure I feel like it. How does Ayton not have a 40k or 60k moment yet?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

my NFL moments were all trash, and a 10000 size mint on commons suggest these won't jump in price nearly as much as NBA-T's series 1 stuff.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Fail rear end Jazz, I thought I was finally going to be able to unload this Kirilenko archive. Cade is now my enemy.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 11, 2022

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Kings came within a breath of coming back from 10 down with two minutes to go which would have pumped my 2 kevin martin RUN IT BACKS which I would really like to sell!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Do individual games really cause runs on those teams/players?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Every single moment I have ever owned has gone nowhere in price but down, consistently.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Fate Accomplice posted:

Do individual games really cause runs on those teams/players?

The tiered flash challenge absolutely did last night. Kevin Martin was up 50% because of it, and would have gone higher had the Kings won since it would have broken the Lebron/Verejao RIB bottleneck.

The difference is ~$1500, and basically every moment from that challenge went down afterwards since it basically made the hard challenge too expensive to complete if you didn't already have Lebron/Verejao. My Embiid throwdown dropped from 220 to 180 in about 20 minutes and Kevin Martin RIB went from 125 to 95.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 11, 2022

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I wonder if I should sell Greg Brown 3 or hope that he blows up

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I think it's usually pointless trying to chase on these flash challenges but yesterday I bought a Jarred Vanderbilt for $79 and now it's sitting at $270 as the sole bottleneck to Metallic Silver Evan Mobley haha. I cashed out at $219 but that's still pretty nice

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

sharknado slashfic posted:

I wonder if I should sell Greg Brown 3 or hope that he blows up

As an overly optimistic blazers fan, I would be happy to buy it if you want to sell

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

As an overly optimistic blazers fan, I would be happy to buy it if you want to sell

I ended up selling for $27 like 20 minutes before the price dropped

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I have a full T-Wolves set so held my Vanderbilt cause gimme da rookie. If it had hit 350 I was gonna sell, but figure the Mobley is gonna be close enough to the 200-250 dollar difference between Vanderbilt during and post challenge and I don't wanna deal with having to rebuy it.

Also, these NFL All Day drops are not fun! (who the gently caress is scotty miller?)

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Also, these NFL All Day drops are not fun! (who the gently caress is scotty miller?)

~last on the WR depth chart on the bucs, but could see big time with Godwin/AB done and Evans hurt

I got today's NFLAD drop and the 10K mint size for series 1 will really hurt it long term.

I can't wait for the marketplace to open but I doubt the 6 moments I've spent $98 on so far will return me my money.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Seems like I'm getting the NFL flash drop emails but I'm not yet invited to the NFL *thing*, any idea when new people will be added to the normal NFL Top Shot(Ball?)?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Was able to get a premium pack today and a #28 waddle so that probably pays for the rest of the garbage I have

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

tangy yet delightful posted:

Seems like I'm getting the NFL flash drop emails but I'm not yet invited to the NFL *thing*, any idea when new people will be added to the normal NFL Top Shot(Ball?)?

I thought it was cute that they emailed me like hey thanks for being on the wait-list you low cs scrub why don't you buy a 49ers nft

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I've mostly just been buying whatever packs I qualify for with my 700 collector score because is seems like all of the challenges are very expensive for someone with only ~50 moments.

Is there an easy way to know if a challenge can be completed without a huge investment? Or are there any other options for me to play this dumb speculation game without spending thousands?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Check "TS hosed up the queue again" on your bingo cards

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I've mostly just been buying whatever packs I qualify for with my 700 collector score because is seems like all of the challenges are very expensive for someone with only ~50 moments.

Is there an easy way to know if a challenge can be completed without a huge investment? Or are there any other options for me to play this dumb speculation game without spending thousands?

https://otmnft.com/challenges/ is my go to for that sorta stuff.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Coming up on the one year anniversary of my topshot account I have a confession to make: I am actually enjoying collecting these mp4s. However, I also wish I could go back and tell myself that buying Thunder players was not the way to go long term.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

sharknado slashfic posted:

Coming up on the one year anniversary of my topshot account I have a confession to make: I am actually enjoying collecting these mp4s. However, I also wish I could go back and tell myself that buying Thunder players was not the way to go long term.

Ya its honestly legit fun (and I've made like 10k which is cool). I've also managed to get a couple of friends involved and its pretty great keeping up with challenges and chatting about dunks.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Good luck to everyone on a legendary and/or rare today!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 25, 2022

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Snagged a legendary... devonte graham. I've been pretty lucky in getting these legendaries but usually not lucky with the card. Got a Pat Connaughton from the Finals pack and got the second lowest value WNBA legendary too, Sylvia Fowles. Def gonna sell and get my money back lol, should still be a profit though.

I also got a Bane metallic gold so that's pretty cool. Wish the Bane was the legendary!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Congrats man that's awesome.

Didn't snag a legendary this time (6% chance isn't much!), but hoping to hit the #1 Lamelo MGLE to make up for it!