Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Hey 41164! I’m getting one!

Me too! First time I’ve been able to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Hey 41164! I’m getting one!

41041, I was -this close- to getting out without wasting any more money on this :v:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cool, nice to see so many people are going to be able to get this drop.

I’m fully expecting to get the most worthless cards possible of course.

That said it seems that even poo poo packs still can generate a positive ROI.

I will say I’m happy with how this company set up the queue stuff and how you don’t have to worry about refreshing things or keeping the page constantly open, and they have time stamped updates on the countdown and how many are left. That is really cool.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

$325.00
USD
Lowest Price
$200,000.00
USD
Highest Price

Quite the price gap on this Giannis dunk

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
They do put in a lot of effort, and they’re improving stuff all the time.

Great to see people get their first packs! Make sure to share what you get!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I got trash. :lol: Granted I may also be hilariously wrong, but the process was really smooth.

Edit: okay the Sabonis one might not be trash.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Looks like that Paul George card sells for a couple hundred bucks. Not bad!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Looks like that Paul George card sells for a couple hundred bucks. Not bad!

My Sabonis one seems to be around $250 for the serial number...that’s a really nice return.

Assuming someone will eventually buy it and the price doesn’t collapse before it can be sold.

The other cards seem to be like $7 bucks or so.

Still seems like a really nice return possibly.

spencer for hire
Jan 27, 2006

we just want to dance here, someone stole the stage
they call us irresponsible, write us off the page

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I think I got trash. :lol: Granted I may also be hilariously wrong, but the process was really smooth.

Edit: okay the Sabonis one might not be trash.

All the seeing stars highlights seemed to be priced decent due to limited release. I sold my Nance for $7 because there are over 35k more out there.

I’m trying to hold out for a little bit of premium on a Sexton 3pter due to low serial but may try to just sell it quick as well

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Tomorrow's Rising Stars update:

Pack details

This rare pack contains seven Moments:
- 1x rare Rising Stars (Series 2)
- 1x common Seeing Stars (Series 2)
- 5x Base Set (Series 2)

This pack will be available for purchase for $199 on Sunday, March 7 at 2 PM PST.

Rising Stars: This rare drop pays homage to the game’s next generation of stars, showcasing 18 Moments from throughout the 2020-21 campaign thus far. Only 2,021 of each of these Moments will ever exist.

Seeing Stars: This drop, inspired by the players selected for the 2021 NBA All-Star Game, includes Moments from 24 of the league’s greatest stars so far this season. Only 10,000 of each of these Moments will ever exist.

Base Set (Series 2): This drop includes 50 all-new Moments from 50 players, showcasing highlights from the 2020-21 season thus far. The edition sizes of Base Set Moments in this set vary.

Grab your Rising Stars pack today for a chance to see LaMelo Ball of the Charlotte Hornets getting creative in the middle of a layup, RJ Barrett of the New York Knicks going full steam down the court to throw down a dunk, Michael Porter Jr. showing off his ability to pull up from anywhere on the court and more.

This pack’s Challenge Rewards will feature plays from the No. 1 overall picks in the last two NBA Drafts: Zion Williamson of the New Orleans Pelicans and Anthony Edwards of the Minnesota Timberwolves.

A total of 32,740 packs will be available in this drop! An additional 3,638 packs will be reserved for giveaways, customer service and promotional purposes, so will not be available for sale.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spencer for hire posted:

All the seeing stars highlights seemed to be priced decent due to limited release. I sold my Nance for $7 because there are over 35k more out there.

I’m trying to hold out for a little bit of premium on a Sexton 3pter due to low serial but may try to just sell it quick as well

Yeah, honestly I’m shocked how well this pack worked out. I was going to be happy if I made like $10-$20.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah, honestly I’m shocked how well this pack worked out. I was going to be happy if I made like $10-$20.

Yea I didn’t get anything particularly good and my pack is worth about $300 right now.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RCarr posted:

Yea I didn’t get anything particularly good and my pack is worth about $300 right now.

Yeah, I mean that’s kind of bonkers in and off itself. Granted I wonder if I just have to sell low to get buyers...well whenever I can sell it.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Do the prices work like an auction? Recent sale history for Giannis seems to be around $300.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 6, 2021

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

nope, you list your moment and choose your price up to $250,000.

on the buy side you choose a moment and then a serial number and pay that cost.

you can sort to find the cheapest if you don't care about serial.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

The packs are always a good return on investment, at least so far. Since you’re only paying $3-$5 for a basic pack and even the boring moments sell for twice that.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Red Rox posted:

The packs are always a good return on investment, at least so far. Since you’re only paying $3-$5 for a basic pack and even the boring moments sell for twice that.

Yeah, my only concern is this super unsustainable, but then again they seem to want to ensure that the doesn’t happen for awhile. That said at the least this packet is probably worth like $250 so I’m not complaining.

A part of me wants that $199 rising stars tomorrow, but I also don’t want my wife to kill me, so I’ll just grab two of the lower packs when that happens with the remaining dapper balance I have. Though if I could flip this, that would pay for it. I’m just wondering if that pack is possible safe investment since the prices is so much higher.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Still can't sign up. I have a sinking feeling that by the time sign ups are allowed, the boat will have sailed. Alas.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gologle posted:

Still can't sign up. I have a sinking feeling that by the time sign ups are allowed, the boat will have sailed. Alas.

Try using signup via Google. It worked for me and others here.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Yeah, I'm in. Says I can't buy the next pack coming up unless I already have a moment though? Is that new?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yes, that's brand new. i guess they're worried about fake users/bots jumping the queue on this next one. They said this is to help "true collectors." That's also why they turned off gifting, so you can't just get someone else pack-eligible

Makes sense people would be running bots on there if it's possible. I wonder how many of a given queue were bots?

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 7, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’ll be interested if my card sells for $225 once the marketplace opens again. I mean look how fast sales were occurring before the marketplace got closed.

https://www.nbatopshot.com/listings/p2p/122b048d-585e-4c63-8275-c23949576fd6+b46632ff-2de0-4a4e-bb7b-c0a76a20352f?serialNumber=6639

I almost wonder if I listed too low a price.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I’ll be interested if my card sells for $225 once the marketplace opens again. I mean look how fast sales were occurring before the marketplace got closed.

https://www.nbatopshot.com/listings/p2p/122b048d-585e-4c63-8275-c23949576fd6+b46632ff-2de0-4a4e-bb7b-c0a76a20352f?serialNumber=6639

I almost wonder if I listed too low a price.

Probably! But we've all made that mistake. It's just nice to have some cash to start with and feel like you're ahead.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I sold the card I got that was worth something so that I can buy other packs without putting more actual dollars into this godforsaken site

I also bought a moment that I like bc might as well

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
lol what is going on with their site right now, marketplace and packs have been disabled, and the market at least has been disabled since yesterday.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Gologle posted:

lol what is going on with their site right now, marketplace and packs have been disabled, and the market at least has been disabled since yesterday.

They've got the $200 - er, I mean $199 pack drop later today, so I guess extended maintenance? I've been trying to put something up for sale since ~7pm last night and it is a bit annoying.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

They do this kind of thing a lot

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
It’s back. Got me a $12 Fox dunk

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1368615202929991691

BRB adding $100,000 to the listing price of my Zion moment

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Maestro posted:

It’s back. Got me a $12 Fox dunk

Back down, but the Sabonis is now a minimum $134. So perhaps I will get a sale when it goes back on.

Also judging by the weird purchase trends I wonder how many are boys?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kind of disconcerting that a website that handles millions of dollars of sales is down more than it’s working.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

RCarr posted:

Kind of disconcerting that a website that handles millions of dollars of sales is down more than it’s working.

they claim in various places that they're uncovering and fixing software bugs, which is strange cause I thought they'd already have ironed these out with cryptokitties. They're understandably concerned with botting too.

my hunch is the NBA has Dapper on a short leash re: coming afoul of any KYC or AML laws. I've seen a bunch of accounts with only a single moment they've spent $50,000 on.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I mean... that's a good thing. The NBA has a reputation to protect, and keeping some BS crypto people to strict standards is a good way to avoid an incident where people's accounts get hacked or balance stolen or some poo poo.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

They have been turning things on and off a lot since I joined a month ago - the site is still in beta so that's the price we pay for being in early.

Would be nice if they gave everyone a reward for helping them beta test.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I mean our reward is these worthless things we are buying sell for hundreds of dollars. By the time it’s fully open to millions of people nothing will be worth anything.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

RCarr posted:

I mean our reward is these worthless things we are buying sell for hundreds of dollars. By the time it’s fully open to millions of people nothing will be worth anything.

Well, they could if the marketplace would stay up for more then an hour at a time :v:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

Well, they could if the marketplace would stay up for more then an hour at a time :v:

Haha, good point.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sharknado slashfic posted:

:hai:

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Hoping I can get one these packs today. $200 is a lot but I’ve got some money to play with this month. If I can turn a .gif into a down payment on a new car or something that would be neat!

Apparently the league has a group of owners who are now officially a crypto advisory board or something? This is all so dumb lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Hoping I can get one these packs today. $200 is a lot but I’ve got some money to play with this month. If I can turn a .gif into a down payment on a new car or something that would be neat!

Apparently the league has a group of owners who are now officially a crypto advisory board or something? This is all so dumb lol

Honestly I wanted to try, but they was only if the other card was sold by then. No way I’m investing that much into this, the basic packs seem to have enough potential.