Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I know this is gonna be called a hot take but I literally couldn’t care less about the tag royale thing or whatever it is, I hate poo poo with loads of dudes in the ring, I can never follow the action. What happens for the team that wins, do they get a shot at the titles?

Yes. Possibly even this Wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Battle Royales are fun and Royal Rumbles are even better so it had to be done I'm not sorry for adding an extra five or whatever questions for it.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I know this is gonna be called a hot take but I literally couldn’t care less about the tag royale thing or whatever it is, I hate poo poo with loads of dudes in the ring, I can never follow the action. What happens for the team that wins, do they get a shot at the titles?

I even put the answer to this question on the page!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I spent all my brain power trying to figure out who the sixth man was

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

A Fancy Hat posted:

At my local indy back in the day we had a "Fans Bring the Weapons" match and the one wrestler spun a gamecube controller around by the cord and conked the other guy square in the face with it. At least it wasn't an Xbox controller I guess.
ECCW had one a couple years ago and I brought an old PS3 controller. Andy Bird shoved the cord between Drexl's legs and started mashing buttons to control him, so Drexl started doing the Robot. I'm so glad they played along, it was pretty much exactly the spot I was hoping for.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I absolutely love AEW Battle Royales and how they use them to boot up like 5 angles in one shot, even if they just had a tag battle royale like a month ago.

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!
The craziest match I've seen was the GCW Battle Royale at Joey Janela's Spring Break. That level of stupidity was a much-needed laugh.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Depends on how you want to define crazy. I saw a Bret/Austin match at a house show and that was rad. I also saw Madusa vs Oklahoma and he poured barbecue sauce on her a,d my mother was there with me and it was hell of awkward.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I think I put Hollywood Blondes in one of my answers but I meant Varsity Blondes. God bless

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how do you even look at other peoples' entries

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Cavauro posted:

After you’ve finished the questions on the poll, you’re given an option to see how other people answered. I’m not sure how one can see it after you’ve clicked out of that window.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

TV Zombie posted:

After you’ve finished the questions on the poll, you’re given an option to see how other people answered. I’m not sure how one can see it after you’ve clicked out of that window.

It’s in your browsing history.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Cavauro posted:

Here's the direct link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScHrr42m12DE2bGDRyxpMuQ79_nYOuihdk-EpHR9HpUZCqdKg/viewanalytics

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when i was a boy and i would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "look for the sumo guys. you will always find people who are helping."

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Sorry

Mons Hubris fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Mar 7, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Can we just stop giving this poo poo airspace please?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

I don’t even know what this is

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Rarity posted:

Can we just stop giving this poo poo airspace please?

it's so embarrassing but everyone has to get their 300 shots in i suppose

e; not even talkin about you mons hubris guy just an observation of the forum as a whole

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

*steps in front of mons hubris, starts making attention-grabbing hand-gestures while speaking like a CEO introducing a product at a convention* listen. i asked about being able to look at the answers that people gave, and got someone to post a link to them. the only thing mons did was read them too and find that independently. you gotta blame me on this one. and i accept that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

please stop making GBS threads up my thread by posting that garbage

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I like the wrestling promotion, it puts on fun events for me to watch

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Strenghtened by my mediocre performance in the WWC prediction I've decided to put in my 2 Pfennige for this one and look forward to another mediocre score.

Craziest match I watched live would probably be Mox vs Kenny in the Lights Out match. Not many options when most 'live' shows are limited by timezones.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Craziest match i've seen live is El Phantasmo (just before his first BOSJ run) v david starr (oh well) mainly because i got to see El Phantasmo piledriven through a table right in front of me.

ELP is also cool af to meet even if hes a tremendous dick of a heel :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Croc posted:

ELP filled in for Cody at an indie show I went to and I'd never even heard of him before but he ruled so I went up to him after and was like 'I didn't even know who you were but you were the best guy all night' and his reply was just 'well yeah, I know'. He'd been working face :allears:

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Craziest thing I saw live was maybe Dolph Ziggler riding the ladder from the corner into the center of the ring at the 2014 TLC (I think?) in Cleveland. That was cool. Probably not a memorable thing for many, but live it was pretty cool.

I have another memory, but I don't remember exactly when... it was at Richfield Coliseum in the late 80s, I guess? Early 90s maybe. Ultimate Warrior pulled down Rick Rude's pants and exposed his butt when he was trying to escape a steel cage. It was definitely a house show I was at, though, even though the butt exposure bit was repeated during a real taping (PPV or whatever) afterwards. What's crazy to me is that they had to practice a 'pulling down pants' spot.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Because of the time change and timezones, I can't watch this one live.

Post through it for me goons.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I am in under the wire and I am still trying to wish Huge Announcement Cesaro into existence.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I predict everyone is going to have a real good time!

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
PPV really is the highlight so far of 2021 for me. It's nice to have this to look forward to tonight. Cheers goons.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

The Croc posted:

Craziest match i've seen live is El Phantasmo (just before his first BOSJ run) v david starr (oh well) mainly because i got to see El Phantasmo piledriven through a table right in front of me.

speaking of which...

https://twitter.com/JayWhiteNZ/status/1368373867564199938?s=20

El P to be the mystery ladder match contestant?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Man, Brian Zane pointed out that Adam Page winning the Big Money Match doesn't really do much for either competitor and Big Money Matt winning does natural, and frankly really compelling things for both their characters and now I want to change my answer...

edit: specifically: Adam Page now can't feed his family. Evil Uno greases up to him (still a face, but that is a greasy dude) and lets him know that the Dark Order will absolutely take care of their boy, no strings attached.

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 7, 2021

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hangman wins, and donates the money to -1's cowboy school tuition

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jonny Nox posted:

Man, Brian Zane pointed out that Adam Page winning the Big Money Match doesn't really do much for either competitor and Big Money Matt winning does natural, and frankly really compelling things for both their characters and now I want to change my answer...

edit: specifically: Adam Page now can't feed his family. Evil Uno greases up to him (still a face, but that is a greasy dude) and lets him know that the Dark Order will absolutely take care of their boy, no strings attached.

it starts Hangman's road to redemption where he can finally believe in himself

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Also I'm a fool, and now realise that Big Show could have meant a female talent. Lita, Trish, or who I think would be most interesting, AJ Lee.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Wazzu posted:

Also I'm a fool, and now realise that Big Show could have meant a female talent. Lita, Trish, or who I think would be most interesting, AJ Lee.

Tony Kahn has confirmed the Hall of Fame talent is male in several interviews so you are not a fool, don't worry

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It better not be Paul Wight as Capt Insano

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
You know, Jade is on the Revolution graphic. Might have been smart to pick her as Britt's partner, maybe. But probably not.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Memnaelar posted:

You know, Jade is on the Revolution graphic. Might have been smart to pick her as Britt's partner, maybe. But probably not.

Ryo’s in there now. My assumption is the original plan for the Shaq match was for it to be at the PPV before the NBA All Star game ended up on the same night.

Also, there’s no way the HOF person ends up being Paul Wight trolling and saying he’s Captain Insano from a 25 year old bit movie part.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 8, 2021

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
it’s gonna be captain insano

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Congrats to all these incredible handsome, beautiful, and smart posters

also lol that two people used the name rovert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro