Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I know a few other people are in PA, but the VA here has opened vaccines to all veterans who receive care through the system. I signed up on the VA website for updates on the vaccine sometime in Feb and got a text a few weeks back about being able to now schedule an appointment. I had my first shot of the Moderna vaccine Thursday. I did have to call the VA in Lancaster, as they have a Covid hotline, to set up my appointment, but that was it. I'm not entirely sure if its the same in other regions, but hopefully this is somewhat helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Still no luck trying to get an appointment set up for my husband. Neither him or I have been able to find anything despite checking several times a day in central PA. Are there any good updated resources on how to find something?

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Finally managed to get an appointment for my husband. Unfortunately it seems that a number of the vaccination sites run by the counties aren't showing up on the arc-gis map that the state of PA put out. I had to google the county clinic and schedule it that way.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Just got my second shot, hopefully no real side effects.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

boop the snoot posted:

The most shocking bit about the anti-mask sentiment to me is how anti maskers rarely (if ever) connect it to Obama’s plot to put us all under Sharia law, including requiring hijabs.

Getting my first poke today at 12:30. Getting the Moderna 5G because I heard the Pfizer reception is bad in elevators.

A day after I got my second Moderna shot, it feels like I have a hell of a hangover but without the headache, and just sore everywhere. It's weird.

Edit: It's like the hangover I had the first time I went on leave, blacked out on 4loko, wrestled my old roommate in a river, then threw up and remember nothing else. It's harsh.

Pine Cone Jones fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 2, 2021

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

So my husband has a cold right now, is it possible for him to still get his second shot tomorrow? Or should he reschedule?

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Thanks. His temp is back to normal now and says he feels fine, but will get checked out and hopefully get results before the shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

I got both a flu shot and my covid booster yesterday and it still feels like I've been hit by a truck 24 hours on.