Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If you can get a shot, get a shot. Don’t worry about “taking someone else’s” shot. Just go get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Maybe it’s stupid to be bothered by this but reading the DC VA page about vaccines has this:

“Our goal is to offer a COVID-19 vaccine to all Veterans who want one. Legislation is currently going through Congress that if passed, would allow us to offer vaccines to all Veterans, and possibly their caregivers and spouses.”

Congress passing legislation doesn’t make more vaccines appear out of thin air. Either you have them to offer or you don’t, and it shouldn’t take an act of congress to open up vaccines to people.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I’m well aware of the supply. The issue is waiting on bureaucracy for it to be available.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Rakekniven posted:

Right or wrong, the VA legally cannot provide services to anyone not enrolled in VA healthcare (and fitting certain priority levels, which changes occasionally based on federal regulations). It does need congressional action before they're allowed to give shots to other vets or spouses. Depending on the state, some VA's have supply to start taking this on, others are supply limited.

I wasn’t asking for an explanation.

I work very close to the source of supply data (as in I’m on a team that analyzes and produces that very data).

There is enough.

I’m waiting on red tape, like I said in two posts.

Thanks though.

E: is this mansplaining? As in explaining something I didn’t ask for an explanation of?

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Mar 21, 2021

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Sarah posted:

No this isn't mansplaining, it's a counter argument to your statement that it shouldn't take an act of congress to open up the vaccines to people. With an explanation to why your reasoning is wrong.

What

I don’t think you fundamentally understand or you didn’t read everything.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I’m in Virginia and was just able to schedule a Moderna vax at CVS for Friday.

If you’re a weirdo like me who is up at all weird hours, check the CVS site to see if you can get scheduled for one. It said my city was fully booked but let me set up for Friday.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Tiny posted:

CVS in Virginia is basically a crapshoot at this point... They're saying that they only stick 65+ folks, but I've been told that if you hang out and ask for a slot between 5pm and 6pm, they'll put whatever came out of the freezer that day into arms rather than throwing it away.

I signed up for cvs just a few days ago. I had to do it at 2am though.

Trust me: cvs will not verify anything you tell them. I’m in a high risk group (asthma) but they will not require me to prove that.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The most shocking bit about the anti-mask sentiment to me is how anti maskers rarely (if ever) connect it to Obama’s plot to put us all under Sharia law, including requiring hijabs.

Getting my first poke today at 12:30. Getting the Moderna 5G because I heard the Pfizer reception is bad in elevators.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I might be hypochondriac’ing myself but it’s been about two hours and I’m feeling kinda off. A little dizzy when I walk around and my legs are a bit unsure of themselves, and my whole body just kinda feels heavier?

I guess the best way to describe it is it’s like I JUST got off of a roller coaster.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I’ve separated my left shoulder twice. This feels comparable to the day after.

Not sure if the two things are related. I got the shot in my left arm because I’m right handed. May be something to consider when getting your poke.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I feel fine today except some soreness where I got it.

I need a vaccine every day though because it made me actually sleep through the night.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
In DC there’s a lot of businesses selling stickers that will give you a discount or extra gifts if you show your V-card.

If you know what I mean, good.

If not, this message isn’t for you.

:)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Getting my second moderna today. Going to finally cut my hair to celebrate.

Also got 800mg of edibles to make sure I sleep through whatever side effects.

Bring on the 5G.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Your arm is probably going to fall off. It’s a known side effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

SquirrelyPSU posted:

5:38 pm (EDT) two weeks out, officially 5G activated LFG

I turned on my beacon but didn’t get anything back. Either your 5G is broken or mine is.