Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If you are signed up for VA care in the North Florida/South Georgia system, you do not need anything special to get a vaccine now. It is open for all veterans regardless of age.

https://www.northflorida.va.gov/services/covid-19-vaccines.asp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Got my first dose of Moderna today!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Arm is sore but less so than the anthrax vaccine so far.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

First day after Moderna. Arm is still sore. I can tell my body is fighting off something, but it's mild. Nothing else to report. I hope you all get shots soon.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I wouldn’t sweat vaccine supply especially with J&J being used as well, now. We’re actually in fantastic shape for vaccine numbers despite early gently caress ups. The congressional bills are set up so the VA can start vaccinating extra people. Many VAs are already vaccinating every veteran that wants to get one. States aren’t as far along. The VA is actually in a unique position to really get poo poo done, and I hope they’re able to asap.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Oh, yeah, i get that. Congress’ glacial pace is maddening.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The bill passed both houses of congress via unanimous consent and will head to Biden for signature.

The bill expands vaccination to "all veterans" but I'm not sure how expansive that phrase is. I know a few people with entry level seps. Technically veterans not otherwise eligible for VA care. I'm assuming it covers people with punitive discharges, as well. Does anyone know for sure?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Gotcha. All veterans except those with DDs. This would seem to include ELS, BCD, and general OTH.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

stinkypete posted:

It is weird how the Rural area's in the west are starting to reject taking the Vaccine. When it was limited to 70+ here the lines were long. When it was limited to 65+ the lines were long. When it was slowly opened to service workers the lines where OK. Today they opened it up to 18+ and it was a ghost town. I don't know what changed in the last few months.

Facebook and other toxic internet shitholes screaming about the scamdemic and how the vaccine is mind control or whatever.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Oh it's not tested so I want to wait and see if its safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

boop the snoot posted:

I might be hypochondriac’ing myself but it’s been about two hours and I’m feeling kinda off. A little dizzy when I walk around and my legs are a bit unsure of themselves, and my whole body just kinda feels heavier?

I guess the best way to describe it is it’s like I JUST got off of a roller coaster.

Just go lay down and take it easy. You're gonna have an immune response, and your body is gonna react. You might have a slight fever. You're going to feel tired. Your arm is gonna hurt. If it's bad, take some tylenol. Eat food, drink fluids, and sleep as much as your body needs.