Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

blixa posted:

Cook the potatoes in larger chunks with a little vinegar and lots of salt.

Use more acid overall.

Cornichons is a great addition, or dill relish.

Fresh dill is one of the best things you can put in a potato salad.

Chopped cornichons or any old dill pickle works very well, I also buy the bags of red/yellow/orange little sweet bell peppers when they're on sale, those rule in any salad. Adding more vegetables with differing texture is good too, I like green bean and potato salad with a simple olive oil & vinegar dressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Myron Baloney posted:

Chopped cornichons or any old dill pickle works very well, I also buy the bags of red/yellow/orange little sweet bell peppers when they're on sale, those rule in any salad. Adding more vegetables with differing texture is good too, I like green bean and potato salad with a simple olive oil & vinegar dressing.

These are also great tossed in olive oil and roasted under a broiler for a couple minutes as an appetizer/snack.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Can anyone recommend mixed cocktails with pomegranate juice? Since it is expensive I have been mixing it half and half with apple juice and since it's the weekend adding a bit of unflavored vodka.

The taste is first apple but after a second I can taste the pomegranate. We don't really eat meat but I will cook it for a party if friends are coming over.

Main question is just for cocktails .

Carillon
May 9, 2014

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Can anyone recommend mixed cocktails with pomegranate juice? Since it is expensive I have been mixing it half and half with apple juice and since it's the weekend adding a bit of unflavored vodka.

The taste is first apple but after a second I can taste the pomegranate. We don't really eat meat but I will cook it for a party if friends are coming over.

Main question is just for cocktails .

You're on the first step to making grenadine which goes in a bunch of cocktails! Idk if you've already premixed it, but if not, reduce it with equal parts by volume of sugar and if you have it orange blossom water, like a teaspoon per cup.

One of my favorite cocktails woth grenadine is the El Presidente, 2 parts aged rum, 1 part white vermouth, .5 part orange Curacao, barspoon or so of grenadine.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
Pomegranate juice plus a strong ginger ale is good, add some rum or gin if you'd like.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I have decided what I like 1 part pomegranite juice, 1 part apple juice and 1 part of whatever cheap liquor that is near me - usually vodka in a martini glass with a lemon slice for garnish to make it look fancy lol,

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Had incredible success with this shoulder roast (literal translation) so I thought I might share. Short version: you marinade the meat, wrap it up, stick it in an oven at 180 c for 5 hours.

Taken directly from here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gajfNHHx0vI \ here with some minor modifications, but on the off chance that you don't speak Hebrew, a translation follows.

The usual "tzli katef" cut is about 1.3 kilos. I actually cut mine in half after it was frozen, then the family insisted that I should cook the whole thing at once (turns out, that's a bit too much rich meat for a family gathering).

Marinade:
2 table spoons water (I replaced that with red wine, but see below)
4 spoons maple syrup
4 spoons olive oil
1 teaspoon thyme (ground up)
1\2 tsp black pepper
1\2 tsp English pepper
bit of salt.

The recipe calls for you to massage the marinade into the meat for about two minutes just before you stick it in the oven (probably assuming that it will get absorbed over the long cooking process) but I actually marinated half the meat overnight and obviously it absorbed the marinade better.

A bunch of garlic cloves - pierce the meat and stick them in. They turn buttery soft and merge into the meat - no noticeably different texture. I'd say that you don't really have to bother trimming fat and skin, it mostly melts into the meat, but it will make inserting the cloves a bit more difficult.

Line up a tray \ dish with foil, wrap the meat with two pieces of baking paper, clinging tightly (make sure the marinade is contained - if it spills, the meat may dry out). Cover with foil.

Stick in the oven, 180 c, 5 hours. Tray full of water beneath the meat, add more water as it evaporates.

Incredibly tender, incredibly flavorful. The marinade worked very well, but when I tried to get fancy and reduce all the liquid into a glaze it was a bit bitter (which is probably why the original recipe called for water rather than wine as the basis for the marinade)

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 29, 2023

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Sounds like it is an in-between between a pot roast and a sous vide "roast". They are both delicious, so this should be too.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

One more recipe (not going to spam here)

Are you familiar with the Russian Muraveinik (Anthill) cake? Like that, except as individual snack balls. "Hedgehogs" \ "hedgehog balls".

Boil 2 cans of sweet condensed milk (400 grams each) for two hours or buy the pre-boiled stuff if available.

200 grams worth of butter (chocolate "butter" also works well, but it's only available in specific Russian stores around here). Melt, add a cup of sugar, mix, remove from heat, add pinch of salt, 4 cups of flour and 250 grams of sour cream (smetana). Mix until uniform (work hard, get in there) then run through a meat grinder (haven't tried adding egg \ baking soda, not sure whether that would help the flavor).

Spread out the result on a tray, bake at 180c for 45 minutes \ until the dough turns golden brown (harder to spot if you've used chocolate butter).

Break up the dough, mix it with the condensed milk, form little balls (you can occasionally dip your hands in a water bowl to help the balls coalesce).

Throw into the fridge and you could be done - the result is delicious (if very heavy and unhealthy). Except there's the issue of aesthetics. The combination of condensed milk and baked dough looks a bit (to quote my dad) "like someone already ate it".

Not a problem. Give the balls a few hours in the fridge \ quick trip to the freezer. Melt butter (chocolate butter comes in handy here even if you've used real butter previously) and chocolate in a pan. Throw in the balls, gets them covered. Looks good, tastes good, causes an instant heart attack.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Does anyone have a good recipe for a baked potato? I have the salt, pepper corns, salted butter, hungarian hot paprika a garlic bulb and onion bulb, and some Accent MSG that I can sprinkle on it - also some "bacon bits" since my husband does not eat meat.

Oh I also got a mandolin and did not cut off my finger yet.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015HONRP8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jul 4, 2023

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Oh I also got a mandolin and did not cut off my finger yet.

It's only a matter of time. The blood god calls for blood! :black101:

MayOrMayNotBeACat
Jul 22, 2017

I got two recipes from this thread, so in turn I give the recipe to my burgers, which are the only burgers my extremely picky younger brother will eat.

Cat's Rosemary Burgers

1 lb Ground beef
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground rosemary

Mix salt and rosemary into ground beef. Wash your loving hands after doing this if you are doing this with your bare hands.

Divide into 4 (1/4 lb each) patties, roughly the same diameter as the buns you are using.

Grill over hot coals - 3 minutes per side.

Serves 4.

Really easy to make.

MayOrMayNotBeACat fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Aug 25, 2023

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I was under the impression that mixing anything into ground beef (or mixing it, period) results in a sausage-like texture.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Xander77 posted:

I was under the impression that mixing anything into ground beef (or mixing it, period) results in a sausage-like texture.

I think salting plus time and over-mixing are the primary concerns. I may be off-base on the science, but I think it's that the proteins are broken up by both salt and/or vigorous agitation and then they rebind into longer strands, getting you that sausage consistency.

e: here's the Food Lab piece on salting ground beef https://www.seriouseats.com/the-burger-lab-salting-ground-beef

Veritek83 fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 19, 2023

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Salt takes time to rework the proteins, so if you don't overmix and don't waste any time between mixing in the salt and cooking the burgers, it won't have too much negative effect.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Alright I have a bunch of guanciale and my wife refuses to eat any of it after I told her where it comes from...so I guess my plan to use it for carbonara is not happening.

I need some suggestions to use it for...something that I can make in bulk and freeze for my own lunches?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Can't you just make carbonara for yourself?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

my wife refuses to eat any of it after I told her where it comes from…

I’m not going to tell you to sever or anything, but why? Is cheek somehow worse than butt, leg, ribs? Or is it pork in general?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Scientastic posted:

I’m not going to tell you to sever or anything, but why? Is cheek somehow worse than butt, leg, ribs? Or is it pork in general?

nah, that's a hard :sever:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Scientastic posted:

It's because it's from the ear and kinda fatty. Im not making carbonara for myself.

Annnnyyywayyyy, recipe ideas?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

It's because it's from the ear and kinda fatty.

It’s not from the ear, and you render out the fat, those are bad reasons

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Listen, what do I need to get you inside this divorce *slaps hood* TODAY?!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Scientastic posted:

It’s not from the ear, and you render out the fat, those are bad reasons

Thanks for being really helpful

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I apologise. It was quite wrong of me to think you could discuss things with your wife and talk to her like an adult, and maybe persuade her to change her mind because her reasoning for not eating guanciale is flawed.

You can use it for anything you’d use lardons in.

Quiche Lorraine, cassoulet, potato salad, any sort of soup or stew. Bit of a waste of such a lovely ingredient, but better than divorcing your wife.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Cut it up, skewer it, put it in a smoker or on the barbecue, and make a chef salad out of it.

Eat while debating your life choices.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Agreed, so many uses and very versatile.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

This is the best fuckin salmon I've ever had, restaurant quality and easy as hell. I've made it like 5 times and it's always incredible, people rave.

Ingredients
4 salmon fillets, skin off (or Trout or any white fish)
Salt and pepper, to season
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
6 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 small yellow onion, diced
1/3 cup dry white wine (OPTIONAL) -- (do not use a sweet white wine)
5 ounces (150 g) jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil, drained of oil
1 3/4 cups half and half
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 cups baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, (do not include for dairy free option)
1 teaspoon cornstarch (cornflour) mixed with 1 tablespoons of water (optional)**
1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped

Instructions
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon filets (or fish if using) on both sides with salt and pepper, and sear in the hot pan, flesh-side down first, for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Once cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
Melt the butter in the remaining juices leftover in the pan. Add in the garlic and fry until fragrant (about one minute). Fry the onion in the butter. Pour in the white wine (if using), and allow to reduce down slightly. Add the sun dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes to release their flavours.
Reduce heat to low heat, add the half and half (or heavy cream), and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, and add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce. (For a thicker sauce, add the milk/cornstarch mixture to the centre of the pan, and continue to simmer while quickly stirring the mixture through until the sauce thickens.)
Add the salmon back into the pan; sprinkle with the parsley, and spoon the sauce over each filet.
Serve over pasta, rice or steamed veg.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

This is from the Food Network but I think it is actually from a much older recipe, it's the same as what my dad made me growing up. Trust me...you want this. Pair with mashed potatoes and ketchup on the side.

Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf with Brown Sugar-Ketchup Glaze

Ingredients:
Brown Sugar Ketchup Glaze
1/4 cup ketchup or chili sauce
2 tablespoons light or dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons cider or white vinegar

Meatloaf
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black paper
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
1/2 up milk, buttermilk or low-fat plain yogurt
2 pounds meat-loaf mix (2 parts ground chuck, 1 part ground veal, 1 part ground pork)
2/3 cups crushed saltine crackers (about 16) or quick oatmeal or 1 1/3 cups fresh bread crumbs
1/3 cup minced parsley
6 ounces thin-sliced bacon

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add onion and garlic, saute until softened, about 5 minutes; set aside to cool.
Mix eggs with thyme, salt, pepper, mustard, Worchestershire, pepper sauce, and milk or yogurt. Add egg mixture to meat in a large bowl, along with crackers, oatmeal or bread crumbs, parsley and cook onions and garlic; mix with a fork until evenly blended and meat mixture does not stick to bowl. (If mixture does stick, add additional milk, a couple tablespoons at a time, and continue stirring until mixture stops sticking.)
Turn meat mixture onto a work surface. With wet hands, pat mixture into a loaf approximately 9 by 5 inches.
Cover a wire rack with foil; prick foil in several places with a fork. Place a rack on a shallow roasting pan lined with foil for easy cleanup.
Set formed loaf on rack. Brush loaf with all of glaze, then arrange bacon slices, crosswise, over loaf, overlapping them slightly and tucking them under to prevent curling.
Bake loaf until bacon is crisp and loaf registers 160 degrees, about 1 hour. Cool for at least 20 minutes. Slice and serve

I made this and it was great.

Suggestions: bake at 375 to crisp up the bacon more and use a loaf plan lined with bacon to shape it then plunk onto your tinfoil. I also used half spicy bbq sauce half ketchup and it slapped.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lentil Loaf

This is a vegetarian friendly recipe that can be adapted to vegan and/or gluten-free adaptations.

Like many people I've been trying to move towards eating less meat in general and replacing dietary protein with vegetable sources.

I had a dish similar to this ages ago that I can't remember where so this recipe is the culmination of 4-5 different experiments to reproduce it and what is basically its final form.

Ingredients:

3/4 lb green lentils, dry
2 medium onions, diced
3 celery stalks, finely chopped
3-4 small-medium carrots, peeled and sliced to ~1/8" (2-3mm) thickness.
~4 small-medium yukon gold potatoes, peeled, chopped into 1/2"-1/4" (~1cm)
~2 cups stock (chicken here, but vegetable or other works)
6-7 cloves garlic, minced
1.5 tbls paprika
1/2 tsp cumin seed
1/2 tbls dry thyme
1 tbls black pepper, ground
~2-3 tbls BBQ sauce
1 stick unsalted butter (4oz)
1 tbls fish sauce
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup vermouth or dry white wine
1 tbls tomato paste
3 eggs
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
2 tbls all purpose flour

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F, lightly grease a baking dish (8'x16" pyrex used here).

Bring green lentils + 1/2 of the cumin seeds and 2 cloves garlic to a boil in an equal volume of stock +~10%, keep at rolling boil and reduce to low, cover and let cook until individual lentils are soft and just less than an al dente texture. Instant Pot: Combine all the same as above, pressure cook on high for 20m, 5m after finishing quick release and open. If excess liquid is present sautee briefly and stir until liquid levels are below the level of lentils in the pan. For either method once cooked remove lentils to a large mixing bowl and let cool.

On Medium/ medium-high heat use a dutch oven or large high sided skillet and melt 4oz butter until it just begins to brown, add in remaining cumin seeds, stir for 30s then add chopped onions and fish sauce. Cook until onions begin to soften and then add celery, carrot, potatoes, and tomato paste, continue to stir occasionally, cook until liquids begin to boil away and a fond develops on the bottom of the pan after 1-2 mins without stirring. The vegetables should be slightly softened at this point, if they are not keep cooking, and you may need to add a bit more oil or 1-2 tbls of water. Once vegetables have softened and excess water is cooked away add garlic, paprika, thyme, and black pepper and continue to cook, scraping off fond as you go. Once the garlic and spices are fragrant, add the vermouth or dry white wine and deglaze. Once ~1/2 of the vermouth has boiled off turn off heat, stir until well mixed and keep covered for 5-10 mins IF the vegetables still need to soften a bit (means you probably want to use smaller chunks of potato and carrot if this is the case).

Combine cooked vegetables into the lentils in large mixing bowl and let cool until only warm to the touch (protip a fan works great for cooling these down swiftly). Once mixture is cooled add eggs, breadcrumbs, and AP flour and combine until you get a uniform mix. Taste to see if more salt is desired, add salt and Worcestershire sauce to taste.

Add to baking dish and smooth out surface, cover with foil and cook at 350F for 1h.

After 1h remove foil, increase oven temperature to 425F and use "Roast" setting if you have a top burner or convection oven. Add BBQ sauce to the top of the loaf, spread with spatula or spoon until roughly uniform coating on the surface. Place back into oven once at temp and cook for ~10-15 minutes or until the BBQ sauce has started to dry and carmelize. Please check at 5m intervals the 1st time you make it to make sure your oven does not overcook and burn the BBQ sauce on top.

Remove and let cool on a rack for >45 mins to allow loaf to firm. Slice and remove with knife or spatula.

Comments:

Overall the flavor and texture profile is slightly between an actual meatloaf and a Shepards pie. Eating it is reminiscent of both / somewhere inbetween. I just use whatever cheap BBQ sauce I have on hand from the store and it works fine, others might prefer ketchup or some mix due to nostalgia of other meatloaf preparations. It definitely benefits from having a tangy / sweet note in the topping in my opinion. If using fish sauce pay attention not to oversalt anything else during cooking. I do not salt my lentils until after they are cooked.

I have made this with gluten free flour and breadcrumbs and it works fine. I am confident that you could also skip the egg, animal-based stock, and butter and use coconut oil and some other vegetarian friendly binder and veggie broth for a fully vegan version (also skip the fish sauce for whatever umami you prefer). I have found that mushrooms surprisingly don't work well here and that yukon gold potatoes are ideal but other potato varieties Ive tested (red, russets) also work but not as well.

I've had cold slices of this on white bread with some mayo and tomato slices and its a great sandwich. I've used it in lunch box preps or dinner preps with roasted vegetables or slaw and it pairs nicely. Overall it's a nice recipe that tastes great and uses cheap / easy to keep on hand ingredients.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Quoting myself because this is stupid good.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

This is the best drat vinaigrette I've ever had, (would recommend adding a tbs of dijon)

Yes the maple syrup screams :canada: as gently caress but it doesn't come through and mostly adds sweetness to balance and depth of flavour.

Combine it with some chevre or feta on a salad, your favourite veg, maybe some sliced steak...fuckin hell.

https://www.bowlofdelicious.com/creamy-maple-balsamic-dressing/

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I didn't want to make rum balls for the holidays this year, I made scotch balls instead.

My usual rum balls recipe is here:
https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/classic-rum-balls/

Instead of vanilla wafers, use Walkers scottish shortbread cookies

Instead of rum, use scotch

Instead of bourbon, use more scotch

They came out great!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I made this and it was great.

Suggestions: bake at 375 to crisp up the bacon more and use a loaf plan lined with bacon to shape it then plunk onto your tinfoil. I also used half spicy bbq sauce half ketchup and it slapped.
gently caress yeah!!!! Glad you like this as much as I do. Great suggestions here, will give them a shot next time.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

This is the best fuckin salmon I've ever had, restaurant quality and easy as hell. I've made it like 5 times and it's always incredible, people rave.

"Made" this tonight and hosed it up real bad; overcooked the salmon and the sauce was waaay too thick, but the few bites I had that weren't jerky were pretty good! I gave my wife the one fillet that wasn't a disaster and she cleaned her plate and said "sorry you hated making this so much, it means you'll probably never make it again" so I guess I'll have to

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I honestly cannot imagine cooking salmon in any other way than sous vide ever again

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

I honestly cannot imagine cooking salmon in any other way than sous vide ever again

Oh? Never thought to try... How do you prep it?

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

That Works posted:

Oh? Never thought to try... How do you prep it?
Cut into fillets (if not already in fillets), sprinkle with salt, bag with a little oil and optionally your favourite aromatics (try to keep them off to the side to avoid hot spots; I use tea bags to make a wee bouquet garni), cook @~120 F/49 C for ~30 minutes, pat dry, sear.

You can go with a higher temperature if you want it firmer (more like a traditional grilled fish texture) or lower if you like the texture raw-er. I'm sure Baldwin and/or jkla have time/temperature tables for salmon fillets.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

SubG posted:

Cut into fillets (if not already in fillets), sprinkle with salt, bag with a little oil and optionally your favourite aromatics (try to keep them off to the side to avoid hot spots; I use tea bags to make a wee bouquet garni), cook @~120 F/49 C for ~30 minutes, pat dry, sear.

You can go with a higher temperature if you want it firmer (more like a traditional grilled fish texture) or lower if you like the texture raw-er. I'm sure Baldwin and/or jkla have time/temperature tables for salmon fillets.

Thanks!

Ive been happy with my oven roasting for fish but would love to try this out soon as its usually good but not great.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Does the dry salt avoid the white poo poo that brining is needed to normally?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Does the dry salt avoid the white poo poo that brining is needed to normally?
If you're talking about sous vide salmon, I think the albumin only comes out if it's overcooked so perhaps cooking it sous vide process prevents that anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Instead of salting it for the bag, do a quick dry brine. Combine 3 parts table salt with 1 part sugar and absolutely slather the filets in it. Let sit for 20 mins then gently rinse off.

Cover with a lemon’s worth of zest per 1-2 center cut filets, and bag with plenty of dill and a shitload of olive oil - enough to completely cover the salmon after sealing. That way it is basically SVing in olive oil. (This works excellent for fish and chicken but don’t do it with other meat.)

SV at 113 for silky velvet texture, 122 for a bit firmer. 40 mins for 1 inch thickness, an hour for 1.5.

This will be the best salmon you’ve ever had

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Feb 9, 2024