Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I didn't go to the store again and now I'm completely out of food Cold Sesame Noodles

Ingredients: *

quote:

1/2 lb pasta, spaghetti or linguine ideally
Garlic 1-2 cloves
Ginger
Peanut Butter the crunchier the better
Soy Sauce
Sesame Oil
Garlic-Chili Sauce (sriracha or something better if you have it)
Rice Wine Vinegar (white vinegar will probably also work)

Start some water boiling, enough for about half a pound of pasta. You can salt it but the sauce is going to be salty so I generally don't bother.

While that's going on grate a clove of garlic and some ginger into a large bowl. (if you have to skip this you can its ok I understand)

Add one large spoonful with peanut butter (crunchy is better but creamy works), 3-4 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1-2 tablespoons sesame oil, 2-3 tablespoons of sriracha or other garlic chili sauce, and a splash of rice wine vinegar. *

Mix and taste. It should be way too flavorful, but adjust for balance here. More sesame? More garlic chili sauce? You do you boo.

Cook about half a pound of pasta and when done add to the bowl with the sauce and toss with tongs or a fork or whatever. Leave it to cool, occasionally remembering to toss it to hasten cooling and distribute sauce.

Once its cooled it can go in the fridge until you're ready to eat, but its fine slightly warm if you're hungry now. If you're a fancy pants and all your produce isn't either gone or wilted beyond recognition add some chopped cilantro, green onion, or maybe even carrot. Crunch is great in this, and the cold serving temp makes it a great lunch, especially with a cucumber salad, but if you'd gone to the store recently enough to have a cucumber on hand we wouldn't be in this mess.

*These are gross approximations, start small you can always add more later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I think it was jif. Its very old and doesn't get much use. If you're using natural I'd taste first before adding, it might not really need it.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I've never had much problem with butternut. I like to think its because I'm super awesome and talented and have great knives, but I'm 100% sure that's not what it is.