Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
It's kind of sad that the prominent Breadtube people have pivoted towards making theatrical comedy skits with leftist philosophy rather than philosophy videos with theatre bits to make them more engaging. I can't watch Philosophy Tube's or Contrapoints vidoes anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
Another thing I don't like about Breadtube or Leftist Podcasts is that there is no debate, and the hosts of these programs seem to do all they can to stifle it.

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Due to things like the internet, public domain, and widespread literacy public intellectuals seem a lot less necessary now. All the essential M-L writing of the last 175 years is available for free in multiple languages and formats. Obv not everyone has the time or ability to read it/listen to it but broadly speaking the working class is as educated as it's ever been and reading theory/discussing theory is easier than ever. I'm sure public intellectuals still have a place in leftist movements but obv they should not be at the forefront of them

I still think there's a place for a modern Chomsky or Parenti to contextualize modern events, and I think people like Vijay Prashad or even Michael Brooks (from what I've seen of him RIP) are doing this. Leftist podcasts on the other hand are loving boring.

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
Cambodian I'm guessing, and he also gets accused of denying Srebrenica as a genocide (I don't know much about the whole Yugoslav confilct) . Edward Herman (the guy who wrote most of Manafacturing Consent) also denies the Rwandan genocide.