Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
The new skid plate looks like a great improvement, lessons learned always makes version 2+ that much better. All the extra bolts are that much more margin and it's not like the weight will hurt much, you're not trying to get into orbit or anything.

I never thought of the trick for centering the nuts before, I'm going to use that, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
Do you have a picture of the cuts you made to make it bendable? I need to bend some plate up to make ramps and don't have access to a brake anymore, however I do have a cutting torch.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
Now I'm wondering about how much heat a bear gives off at different ambient temperatures. Interesting project, you can always optimize power consumption in version 2.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
Halloween is coming but the local zoo uses glass and not bars for the animals that can eat the guests.

This looks like a better design than the driveway alarm that can't differentiate between a chipmunk and UPS truck.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
Get an engine hoist if you have the room to store one, it's also useful for removing tractor tires.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
What about ez out extractors?

The last time I dealt with smaller snapped bolts I ended up snapping the ez out and ending up doing the drill/tap and helicoil thing anyway.

I like the improvised tap wrenches I'm seeing here.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
The spare coming off was probably a good oh poo poo moment. I would have expected the rear bumper skin to come off with it.

This week's rental is a Toyota minivan, I thought of this thread but decided against off roading it this time.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
I bet it loads fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
The least beat up part under there is the skidplate, nice job on that. Do the transmission if you have the time for it.

chrisgt posted:

It's already hosed and you're contemplating putting a junkyard box in it, you don't have much to lose; even if it ends up not working you'll learn some new stuff.