Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

StormDrain posted:

Ya that's dope AF

100%. I'm surprised how much it transforms the look. Agree with some added plates on the side to better shroud the rad but even as is, it looks like it should provide some good protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

ryanrs posted:

Possibly I might get it mounted on a 6th wheel, for the coveted double spare.

What's your opinion on duellys?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

IOwnCalculus posted:

For a vacuum pump, manifold gauge set, and a can tap - yep. The only thing you won't be able to do is properly evacuate/recapture the refrigerant that's in there.

From my time hopping around rooftops, that's affectionately called environmental reclaim :science:

Which is why the argument that they're sealed systems and their environmental impacts aren't relevant is bullshit.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

You'll want to keep it a bolt as you'll end up crunching the end of the stud off roading.

Helicoil and other thread insets are typically stronger than the base metal. I wouldn't expect any issues even with frequent use

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

StormDrain posted:

Your parts are being bent is a wonderful status update.

I love it.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

So, not to rub salt into the wound...

... and that's in Canadian Copecs, so likely cheaper in the land down south.

E: yes, says town and country, but I'm sure it either fits because these connections are standardized, or with enough sleuthing you can find the appropriate kit.

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 21, 2023

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Knew about the welder but not the commercial kit unavailability.

That said, there's no kill like overkill and with how many times you've had the AC charged it's at least nice to just throw a big middle finger at it and be done with it (hopefully forever)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Yeah, I would think your trans would be better to rebuild than rolling the dice with a junkyard unit. Worth a shot DIY'ing it, worst case you have to give it to a trans shop to rebuild anyway.

Any pics of the adventure? It sucks but hopefully you got some pics to look back on?