Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Linux Fairy
Apr 7, 2005

With just some glitter and a wink, your data will be turned into a 40GB looping .gif of penguins fucking.

ryanrs posted:

The green board, on the other hand, is a pain in the dick to hand-solder because it has a pile of 0402 passives. The leadless LEDs suck, too. So once I finish proving this first prototype works, I will hire a Chinese contract manufacturer to make 10 copies. I hope to get that process going sometime this month.

IIRC, you're in the Bay Area? I'm in Mountain View and have a reflow oven (Whizoo Controleo3, pretty reliable) if you need to borrow one. IMO the nRF52840 and that stupid loving two row QFN package is way worse than 0402s...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Linux Fairy
Apr 7, 2005

With just some glitter and a wink, your data will be turned into a 40GB looping .gif of penguins fucking.

ryanrs posted:

I'm using a tiny dev board right now, so that weirdo QFN is 2 steps removed from anything I have to solder:

Makes sense. Well, if you need anything reflowed, let me know. I basically never use it anymore, other than to bake SLA resin before curing it...

The Linux Fairy
Apr 7, 2005

The Sharp 144x168 memory LCDs are amazing. They're what they used in Pebble / Pebble 2. The contrast is absolutely phenomenal and you can easily read them by moonlight (and the quiescent current consumption is every bit as good as they say). I imagine their chonky boi LCDs are just as good, as long as they're the same transflective MIP pixel. (Pebble Time series used the color JDI memory LCDs, and they are substantially less impressive in terms of contrast.)

The Linux Fairy
Apr 7, 2005

I also have a cure station for my SLA setup if you run into trouble and really need to cook the snot out of something. I think it's 405nm, and has a turntable.

The Linux Fairy
Apr 7, 2005

Where'd the ring go?