Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Get the airlift air bags they are totally worth it. I used them on a Jeep Cherokee and they worked perfect as long as you have a decent air compressor.

Talked my brother into a pair for his Silverado and he loves them, can't beat it for the price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If the air springs give you the lift you want just use those imo, then at least you'll have some adjustability and you won't sacrifice any ride quality.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Forgive me for missing it, but how will the handbrakes help?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Suburban Dad posted:

It has an open differential. When one starts to spin, pull that corresponding brake and it'll send torque to the other wheel. A very manual LSD. :v:

Haha that's awesome, brilliant idea. Can't wait to see a video of it working!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ryanrs posted:

I will include a dozen doughnuts, a case of red bull, and a flat of Mexican coke.

Holy sugar rush Batman!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ryanrs posted:

I dunno what passes for non-perishable treats in this situation. Maybe I should have sent fresh fruit and a box of la croix?

I was just joking dude. But I've found that beer usually works best lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kastein posted:

You can always sell the spare parts, though it's a serious headache because people are stupid and cheap.

But don't listen to me, I literally owned an entire series of beater first gen Foresters specifically because I already had a big parts collection, despite hating the cars a lot. I eventually broke the cycle by selling the last one as a parts car with all my extra parts included so I would stop being tempted to buy another because I already had a bunch of parts for it.

Lol, I did this with BG Mazdas for awhile. Two 323s, two Proteges and a early Kia Sephia (yes it's a BG) later, I was like gently caress this and got a Camry :v: