Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Alaois posted:

sorry about ur hosed up teeth

I'm not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

CombineThresher posted:

That clip is in the 11-minute Smoky Mountain TV demo he sent out to local stations and network affiliates. Granted this was in Tennessee in the mid-90s but still, yeesh.

I remember somebody, maybe Bix, pointing out that it was proof that Cornette never could find a happy medium between the more rural areas and the progressive(ish) towns.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
I would like to see a UFC-in-1995-style tournament with Punk, the Bucks, Kenny "Twinkle Toes" Omega, and Jim Cornette. Jimmy can even bring his little racket.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hmm.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

now why.....whywhywhy....would he decide to use a gorilla in his art when talking about aew's first black world champ?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Shard posted:

now why.....whywhywhy....would he decide to use a gorilla in his art when talking about aew's first black world champ?

You know why

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
dicks out for cornie

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Majinfoose posted:

You know why

you're right. I know it's because of racism. but I was trying to say that without actually saying it.

gently caress cornette

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Why is there a gigantic q-tip and why is it so angry at Swerve.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

IGgy IGsen posted:

Why is there a gigantic q-tip and why is it so angry at Swerve.

if he didnt have an artist he is apparently paying i would assume he was just running the episodes through an AI program to make thumbnails

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Jim Cornette as Sephiroth killing Orange Cassidy as Aerith, south park style

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Shard posted:

you're right. I know it's because of racism. but I was trying to say that without actually saying it.

gently caress cornette

It's just wild to me that he can post that poo poo and say even worse poo poo and people just eat it up.

I guess that's America, huh

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Majinfoose posted:

It's just wild to me that he can post that poo poo and say even worse poo poo and people just eat it up.

I guess that's America, huh

he really is the rush Limbaugh of wrestling

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
does that make russo the alex jones of wrestling

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

has he denied any mass shootings yet?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Shard posted:

has he denied any mass shootings yet?

he thinks the screwjob was a work

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

No, this guy is.

https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/1784372336772473185

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

That’s just what cornette looks like now

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

:eyepop:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he thinks the screwjob was a work

Don't know if he still thinks it, but a couple of years ago he was positive AEW and WWE were secretly working together

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Davros1 posted:

Don't know if he still thinks it, but a couple of years ago he was positive AEW and WWE were secretly working together

he thinks vince is going to buy AEW

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Boy, I sure hope one of WWE's most popular talents didn't cut a promo in which they gave free advertising to the podcast with that racist artwork, that would be a really regrettable thing to do!

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Honestly, its not that deep. People just see a black man and a gorilla and automatically think racism. All Jim said was "I dont care if Mighty Joe Young or Cheetah can do all the moves, it doesn't matter if they aren't pushed as a threat." Pretty much saying Swerve and Fletcher can have an amazing match but you cant see Fletch as a threat cuz all he's done is lose. He's not calling Swerve a gorilla but they're purposely leaving out context to make you think the worst thing possible.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Honestly, its not that deep. People just see a black man and a gorilla and automatically think racism. All Jim said was "I dont care if Mighty Joe Young or Cheetah can do all the moves, it doesn't matter if they aren't pushed as a threat." Pretty much saying Swerve and Fletcher can have an amazing match but you cant see Fletch as a threat cuz all he's done is lose. He's not calling Swerve a gorilla but they're purposely leaving out context to make you think the worst thing possible.

he's not calling swerve a gorilla but he sure is thinking it real hard

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

We should indeed be charitable to the racist and what they're implying.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

He knows who he's advertising to. And also who he is.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Ringo Roadagain posted:

You know why people see a black man and a gorilla on Corny's art and think racism? It's because he's a huge loving racist. Hope this helps.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

A Real Horse posted:

You know why people see a black man and a gorilla on Corny's art and think racism? It's because he's a huge loving racist. Hope this helps.

I was too lazy to source the quote

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I wonder why they picked Mighty Joe Young for the thumbnail instead of Cheetah.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
mighty joe young is a boomer rear end reference

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

"Yeah but he hates Trump sooooo checkmate"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he's a standard liberal just more outwardly bigoted

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

mighty joe young is a boomer rear end reference

If Cheetah is actually Cheeta it is like a Silent Generation rear end reference.

Also important to note that including the cotton swab was also extremely not racist and coincidental.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

hillary would have won if she turned heel

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

If Cheetah is actually Cheeta it is like a Silent Generation rear end reference.

Also important to note that including the cotton swab was also extremely not racist and coincidental.

okay legit what's the deal with the q-tip?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

who tf is that?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
That's Bubba Ray Dudley

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
sounds like y’all need to apologise to corny

https://x.com/leslieleeiii/status/1784445813940170860?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007