Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Guys, I figured it out.

• Big head
  • Throws tantrums
  • Army of simps

Cornette hates Itoh because she's stealing his brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

This dude is from Alberta lol

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lamuella posted:

Guys, I figured it out.

• Big head
  • Throws tantrums
  • Army of simps

Cornette hates Itoh because she's stealing his brand.
The bullets are on point, but nobody has ever considered Jimmy the cutest of anything, especially the world.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

RealFoxy posted:

The bullets are on point, but nobody has ever considered Jimmy the cutest of anything, especially the world.

She's doing his gimmick better than him.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/thePenelopeFord/status/1370848475001290761?s=20

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Oh, I am HERE for Cornette's downfall

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

lmao

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Penelope Ford wins. Flawless victory. Fatality.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

https://clips.twitch.tv/PluckyWrongPandaPunchTrees-Kp130xJPWR2S4gtX

Kip weighs in

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
He chimed in on Twitter, too.
https://twitter.com/TheKipSabian/status/1370859579958046723
https://twitter.com/TheKipSabian/status/1370850580755800072
https://twitter.com/TheKipSabian/status/1370869164710170628https://twitter.com/TheKipSabian/status/1370871954362806275
https://twitter.com/TheKipSabian/status/1370875440693456899
https://twitter.com/TheKipSabian/status/1370890589928050690
https://twitter.com/TheKipSabian/status/1370892729861992456
As did Janela:
https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1370873109184704514
Meanwhile, the reply guy responses have included trying to taunt Miro with screenshots of Google Image Search results from the Lashley/Lana storyline.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

davidbix posted:

Meanwhile, the reply guy responses have included trying to taunt Miro with screenshots of Google Image Search results from the Lashley/Lana storyline.

What an rear end.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Miro is going to come on Jim Cornette

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

This is probably a good time to reiterate something I mention from time to time, especially with a new thread:

When Brian became Jim's new cohost, the entire idea behind it was that after Jim went on 6:05 with Brian and myself, he got a ton of "you actually sounded like you were having fun!" feedback. So Brian, who had a good working knowledge of what Jim has and hasn't said in shoot interview DVDs or podcasts before, would be able to steer the show into discussing cool old-school stuff that Jim hadn't discussed publicly before. As a result, everyone wins, with cool new content and a happy, engaged Jim. And none of this is a secret that I'm specifically privy to, either. The substance of it was discussed on the air.

Then AEW launched, Jim's Double or Nothing review blew up, and he went further on the shock jock shtick than ever before, and it carried the podcasts to new heights, even resulting in the Drive Thru (which had, for at least a little while, been insulated from Jim's takes on anything current) losing much of the appeal that differentiated it from the main show. To anyone who's paid attention to Jim long-term and has half a brain, it's a cash grab, which probably makes it even worse.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

davidbix posted:

This is probably a good time to reiterate something I mention from time to time, especially with a new thread:

When Brian became Jim's new cohost, the entire idea behind it was that after Jim went on 6:05 with Brian and myself, he got a ton of "you actually sounded like you were having fun!" feedback. So Brian, who had a good working knowledge of what Jim has and hasn't said in shoot interview DVDs or podcasts before, would be able to steer the show into discussing cool old-school stuff that Jim hadn't discussed publicly before. As a result, everyone wins, with cool new content and a happy, engaged Jim. And none of this is a secret that I'm specifically privy to, either. The substance of it was discussed on the air.

Then AEW launched, Jim's Double or Nothing review blew up, and he went further on the shock jock shtick than ever before, and it carried the podcasts to new heights, even resulting in the Drive Thru (which had, for at least a little while, been insulated from Jim's takes on anything current) losing much of the appeal that differentiated it from the main show. To anyone who's paid attention to Jim long-term and has half a brain, it's a cash grab, which probably makes it even worse.

I mean, didn't he stop covering AEW for a while, then his numbers went down, so he started covering it again?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Knowing that it's a cash grab makes the whole thing even sadder, because Jim is ending decades-long friendships over this bullshit.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

MJeff posted:

I mean, didn't he stop covering AEW for a while, then his numbers went down, so he started covering it again?
I think so?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

he literally lives in his parents house that they've owned for over half a century on a country road on the outskirts of loving louisville

That reminds me I once saw a t-shirt that says 'I'm still living with with my parents but it's only temporary - until they die.' Glad Jimmy put it into action.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Not sure about feeding Cornette

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

collocation posted:

Cornette is an rear end in a top hat. Shaming swingers is lame. There are at least 100 things about him deserving of scorn, unlike that.

On one hand, that's a fair point. On the other, Cornette called her some heinous sex negative poo poo so gently caress him, he lives in a glass house so he shouldn't have started throwing fuckin stones. Maybe if you're into watching your wife get banged by other dudes you shouldn't call women you don't like sluts.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Vince MechMahon posted:

On one hand, that's a fair point. On the other, Cornette called her some heinous sex negative poo poo so gently caress him, he lives in a glass house so he shouldn't have started throwing fuckin stones. Maybe if you're into watching your wife get banged by other dudes you shouldn't call women you don't like sluts.

I actually thought better of that and edited because she's saying what does he think about his wife given, and that makes more sense. I don't totally dig it, but it's more of a point than just making GBS threads on his sex life.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

collocation posted:

I actually thought better of that and edited because she's saying what does he think about his wife given, and that makes more sense. I don't totally dig it, but it's more of a point than just making GBS threads on his sex life.
Yeah, it really needs to be stressed that she made a point of phrasing the tweet in such a way that didn't impugn Stacey at all or even suggest their fetish was inherently bad. The "so what does he think of her" is the important part of "but he lets people gently caress his wife while he watches, so what does he think of her." In other words, she's saying "wait, if I, someone who he only knows of having two long term relationships, am a slut, then what in the world does he think of his wife if he literally gets off on her being with other guys?"

She's long been one of my favorite people in the wrestling business, but the blend of nuance and maturity she showed here bumps her up that list even further, regardless of whose insults she's fighting back against.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

ARMBAR A COP posted:

He deleted everything

https://mobile.twitter.com/Maskell91/status/1370877003226705920
https://mobile.twitter.com/Maskell91/status/1370877739469664258

Yes your wrestling opinions

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Duke Pukem posted:

Cornette is basically a professional troll, but man, his followers are scary repugnant
Cornette is professional wrestling's Rush Limbaugh

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

His stuff was gone by the time I saw the post here with the embeds. What did he say?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

davidbix posted:

His stuff was gone by the time I saw the post here with the embeds. What did he say?

He was arguing that Cornette didn't call Ford a slut even though there was audio proving it.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Also a lot of stuff about how people shouldn’t get so worked up about Cornette’s wrestling opinions, which in this case was calling a woman a slut.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Vandar posted:

He was arguing that Cornette didn't call Ford a slut even though there was audio proving it.

Also comments on abortions and just being a real creep

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
it's a chud

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Being a hockey fan has taught me that Alberta is chud central.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Vandar posted:

Oh, he was FAR from the only one making that argument. (This may have been the first time he used the word "slut" or a direct derivative thereof to describe her—I honestly don't know—but that doesn't really matter because, as Penelope noted, it was far from the first time he referred to her that way more broadly.)

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Cornette is professional wrestling's Rush Limbaugh

That's an insult to Rush and Rush was a piece of poo poo

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
cornette sucks but he is not responsible for even 0.1% as much harm as rush loving limbaugh and at the very least claims to support policies that would be objectively good

he's just a bigoted piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat who hates everybody and has bad opinions about most things and especially wrestling, not a literal evil scumsucking demon who is legitimately responsible for decades of misery, suffering and death

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

cornette sucks but he is not responsible for even 0.1% as much harm as rush loving limbaugh and at the very least claims to support policies that would be objectively good

Agreed. Though, if you compared the microcosm of wrestling fandom to the macrocosm of THE WHOLE WORLD, he may have been equally damaging to his little world. Maybe. And I'm not sure if his remaining superfans wouldn't have just been brutal in another way if he wasn't around.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

he's just a bigoted piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat who hates everybody and has bad opinions about most things and especially wrestling, not a literal evil scumsucking demon who is legitimately responsible for decades of misery, suffering and death

Not for lack of trying, though.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

collocation posted:

Agreed. Though, if you compared the microcosm of wrestling fandom to the macrocosm of THE WHOLE WORLD, he may have been equally damaging to his little world. Maybe. And I'm not sure if his remaining superfans wouldn't have just been brutal in another way if he wasn't around.
Yeah this is what I was going for

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

davidbix posted:

He said that Cornette never called Penelope a "slut" then someone posted the audio of Cornette literally saying it and he responded with "agree to disagree".

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

he is not responsible for even 0.1% as much harm as rush loving limbaugh and at the very least claims to support policies that would be objectively good

kewl!

https://twitter.com/FiendWWE/status/1370847790281101317

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Cornette doing this as a cash grab has been obvious for awhile now. Doesn’t make it any less disgusting.

As a reminder, the bad behavior part of his swinging wasn’t that it was their thing, it’s that he asked trainees and developmental workers who he had to a of power over to engage with them sexually.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Punch McLightning posted:

As a reminder, the bad behavior part of his swinging wasn’t that it was their thing, it’s that he asked trainees and developmental workers who he had to a of power over to engage with them sexually.

Agree. I don't like the use of "cuck" as an insult because of this. If you like to watch your wife gently caress other people, and all involved have informed consent, then YAY to everybody there. It's all cool.

But Mr. and Mrs. Cornette were using their position of authority over young wrestlers, (Cornette was their boss), to force them into the Cornette's sex life with the implied threat of getting sacked/blackballed from their livelihood/a business they loved. (The threat may even have been explicit, I don't remember.)

This is not cool. Nor technically, is it informed, and enthusiastic consent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

After Cornette’s latest tweet i’m not sure having even a quarantine thread for him is warranted. This will be my last post mentioning him at least. I slightly feel sorry for what a sad and pathetic man he is but for the most part he has gone beyond the pale in regards to Penelope and I think he deserves to be completely made to be unmentioned. I mean if Rovert talk can be completely eradicated from the board I think Cornette deserves the same fate.

I hold no judgement for those that feel this thread is deserving of existence, for me personally it’s just not funny anymore. He’s completely through the looking glass and has gone from someone whose knowledge I respected 15 years ago to someone who is actively causing harm and influencing others to harm. He is now actively creating violence against women every day and I don’t think he has a place anymore in wrestling.

Overall it’s just really sad to me, that men like him exist. I am guilty of transgressions as all men are, but to just revel in them as he does, to just grow more hateful and bitter and vile, it’s sad. Human beings shouldn’t be how he is, it’s a waste and a sadness inflicted on all who just try to live with dignity.