Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Hoss Corncave posted:

Probably the same reason he ended his friendship with Brian Zane i.e. because he has a conflicting opinion on wrestling. Zane's video response to being blocked by Cornette was quite fun too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7mpZkmd8w

hosed up that he disowned his own son over wrestling...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

hosed up that he disowned his own son over wrestling...

He should sue his parents.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
listen if your parents won't respect the business then it's your civil duty to put them in a home and go no contact with them

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

can someone explain why jim cornette ended his friendship with dave meltzer and wants him dead. i assume it has something to do with AEW and the star system but i want to know the lore

Mostly because it drives clicks. When Cornette’s podcast operation link up with Brian Last, they went a lot more algorithm and metric oriented rather than telling racist road stories.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Didn't Cornette also disown Jim Ross for the crime of getting paid by AEW as well?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Drakkel posted:

Didn't Cornette also disown Jim Ross for the crime of getting paid by AEW as well?

Cornette may have said something but Ross still holds to 'he can say whatever he wants, it doesn't affect me, he's still my friend and a genius' etc.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Corny specifically hates Dave because he liked the Young Bucks' matches in PWG. I think he cut ties with JR because JR likes Orange Cassidy and warmed up to his gimmick.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave very pathetically tried to stay friends with Cornette for a year or two after Cornette was actively insulting him.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

Dave very pathetically tried to stay friends with Cornette for a year or two after Cornette was actively insulting him.

this was funny because it made corny even madder

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
dave "the himbo" meltzer

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CombineThresher posted:

Corny specifically hates Dave because he liked the Young Bucks' matches in PWG. I think he cut ties with JR because JR likes Orange Cassidy and warmed up to his gimmick.

That's extremely funny because you can literally see JR coming around on OC in real time. It was the match with PAC on one of the early AEW PPVs and about 2 or 3 minutes in you can hear the lightbulb go off for JR (and Schiavone as well) that "oh... it's a gimmick... it's a bit... he can actually work and it gets a bigger reaction because of it".

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
orange cassidy's gimmick isnt even that far out there but its like 9/11 for old carnies lol mfers can believe that the undertaker was some supernatural zombie that no sold everything but one really lazy man that sometimes get serious is too much to believe

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Famous Cornette fan CM Punk shouting out the podcast on Raw let’s gooo! Just wait until he shoots on Kenny Olivier and the Hardly Boyz 🤣🤣🤣

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

it’s no surprise that an ally like punk is a fan of a leftist podcaster

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

corny is probably in the top 2% most progressive men in his age bracket from his part of the world

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

corny is probably in the top 2% most progressive men in his age bracket from his part of the world

And even then he still hates women, black people, gay people, trans people, etc etc.

He just hates Trump alongside them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

his hot tub still smells like Brock Lesnar's nuts tho.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

jim cornette is in the top 5 of the most entertaining guys named jim cornette

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
See, even though Jim Cornette is a Southern Democrat, he’s still a Southern Democrat.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
jim cornette is just an older CM punk

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cornie has defended the Rock for saying bad words and making long promos because he's a movie star and an older wrestler and that they should fire wrestlers complaining about the double standard. brian last ponders if this is a double standard. jim says it isnt. jim then calls the rock bald and shills for razor blades

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

yeah they fuckin suck lmao

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

jim then calls the rock bald

facts

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
cuck man punk

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Probably not there's a bunch of colleges in his area so the ivory tower liberal elites there won't be displaying Confederate flag memorabilia in their living rooms.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Someone yesterday posted a video on YouTube of Corny at that infamous pizza party, this time reminiscing about the time he called a black security guard "boy", and then when said security guard got understandably upset, Cornette asked if he'd rather be called the n-word instead.

Man's literally dropping the hard-r in the Year of our Luigi two-thousand something and people are still saying he's not actually a bigot because he voted Biden.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
when jim cornette was divorcing his first wife a video was submitted to the court. the video was jim cornette having a banana shoved up his rear end by a female dominatrix. vince mcmahon thought this was really funny and would buy bananas and place them at writers meetings to piss cornie off. HHH and Shawn Michaels also once did a segment where they ate bananas for no reason but the reason was to piss off cornie who was backstage fuming

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

when jim cornette was divorcing his first wife a video was submitted to the court. the video was jim cornette having a banana shoved up his rear end by a female dominatrix. vince mcmahon thought this was really funny and would buy bananas and place them at writers meetings to piss cornie off. HHH and Shawn Michaels also once did a segment where they ate bananas for no reason but the reason was to piss off cornie who was backstage fuming

lol they include a flash of the banana clip in nearly every DX retrospective

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

chat is this real?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

chat is this real?

Yes.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

chat is this real?

do you think cornette would eat fruit in any other fashion

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

At least when the Amazing Atheist's rear end-banana video leaked, he had the grace to totally own it.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

JUNGLE BOY posted:

chat is this real?

its real and the banana tape is considered lost media

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I have helpfully been informed that this would have been his second divorce not his first.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
why do you think cornette was so mad in the dairy queen drive-thru

where else can one get a banana in the south

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

pretty cool how this thread doubles as a place to condemn a 60 year old rich kid from Kentucky for being insufficiently progressive and also a place where a guy who used to be named MassRayPer and his friends can do kinkshaming

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

oh you were being serious with your top 2% progressive post, i'm sorry about your brain

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

pretty cool how this thread doubles as a place to condemn a 60 year old rich kid from Kentucky for being insufficiently progressive and also a place where a guy who used to be named MassRayPer and his friends can do kinkshaming

Epic rereg guy but reg date from 2020….now that’s thinking ahead

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i am going to kinkshame cornie