Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

is that pig pen cornette beside SpongeBob Cornette?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Suplex Liberace posted:

is that pig pen cornette beside SpongeBob Cornette?

yes

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Thumbnails are getting absurd

this should be on every page

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Make it the PSP background

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
I don't like Cornet but I can never block him on YouTube because I love his thumbnails popping up in my YouTube recs and trying to guess what it is about.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol at crazy dave meltzer sticking his tongue because he's crazy (gave 5 stars to orange cassidy)

Actually Dave is too cowardly and only gave OC vs ospreay from the first forbidden door 4 3/4 stars.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

one time he was really mad about kenny using twitch despite not even knowing what twitch is and having to have it explained to him

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

one time he was really mad about kenny using twitch despite not even knowing what twitch is and having to have it explained to him

bill watts wouldn't let anyone stream and he was right for doing that

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

its because Kenny is queer and Jim hates that about him, the goal is painting Kenny as a limpwrist, classic southern dipshit homophobia.

Hence his other pet name for kenny: "twinkle toes." Tired old homophobia with the plausible deniability of "nuh uh! it's because everything he does is light and fairy I mean airy!"

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

FullMetalJackoff posted:

Hence his other pet name for kenny: "twinkle toes." Tired old homophobia with the plausible deniability of "nuh uh! it's because everything he does is light and fairy I mean airy!"

For some reason that slimy "nuh uh!" annoys me more than when it's more outright. Just call him the bundle of sticks corny, we all know you're dying to say it!

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

FullMetalJackoff posted:

The same people that defend corny with the whole "nuh uh he just means Kenny is light on his feet" are the same people that are all "nuh uh that's a starvation joke not a race joke" when trying to defend his fried chicken joke about a black wrestler.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Actually Dave is too cowardly and only gave OC vs ospreay from the first forbidden door 4 3/4 stars.

What did he give the first Mox vs OC International title match?

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

The same people that defend corny with the whole "nuh uh he just means Kenny is light on his feet" are the same people that are all "nuh uh that's a starvation joke not a race joke" when trying to defend his fried chicken joke about a black wrestler.

It was worse than that - the wrestler was white and Cornette decided to be racist towards an entire continent with his "joke".

Gaz-L posted:

The one at All Out 2023 was 4.5 stars.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Hoss Corncave posted:

It was worse than that - the wrestler was white and Cornette decided to be racist towards an entire continent with his "joke".

The one at All Out 2023 was 4.5 stars.

Fun fact: that wasn't the first time he's made the exact same joke.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in 1987 to maintain kayfabe at the discount department store magic mart in danville, west virginia, cornette punched a little boy in the side of the head, then picked up the kid and lightly slapped his face as if to say "sorry i only meant to do this". as far as i know he has never talked about it on video and only ever said it was either an outright lie or a case of mistaken identity in one telephone-to-print interview for coal valley news back when it happened which you can look into if you want. he said he had never been to that magic mart in his life, only ever going to the magic marts in pikeville, kentucky and beckley, virginia. he's absolute poo poo

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

C. Everett Koop posted:

bill watts wouldn't let anyone stream and he was right for doing that

No they could stream but they'd be fired if they ever lost playing SF6 in ranked.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

that's called heat, brother

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Cavauro posted:

in 1987 to maintain kayfabe at the discount department store magic mart in danville, west virginia, cornette punched a little boy in the side of the head, then picked up the kid and lightly slapped his face as if to say "sorry i only meant to do this". as far as i know he has never talked about it on video and only ever said it was either an outright lie or a case of mistaken identity in one telephone-to-print interview for coal valley news back when it happened which you can look into if you want. he said he had never been to that magic mart in his life, only ever going to the magic marts in pikeville, kentucky and beckley, virginia. he's absolute poo poo

New EMF lore just dropped

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

4 1/2

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

See also: the ancedote he told about calling a black security guard “boy”, then when the security guard got offended, asking if the n-word was better: “at least he didn’t actually call him the n-word!”

Just, you know, a slightly less offensive racial slur.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

TinTower posted:

See also: the ancedote he told about calling a black security guard “boy”, then when the security guard got offended, asking if the n-word was better: “at least he didn’t actually call him the n-word!”

Just, you know, a slightly less offensive racial slur.

He absolutely is on tape saying the n word and calling someone an n word.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the full story of the injured kenny incident is that kenny got cleared by RoH management beforehand but jim wanted to know the reason he wasnt attending and got mad and texted kenny then kenny texted back a gangrenous ankle as a joke and jim believes that kenny was lying to him

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
jokes are forbidden in the wrestling business. it is to be 100% serious at all times. if you’ve ever told a joke or heard a joke you are banned for life. bruiser brody once laughed at a joke and that’s why invader one had to stab him in the shower, to protect the business

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

a dumb moron posted:

Just gonna post this again

After New Jack died a bunch of people were posting shoot interviews that he did. In one of them someone asked him who the most racist guy in wrestling was and the first name out of his mouth was Jim Cornette

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

a dumb moron posted:

Yep, Brian Zane included it in his video calling Cornette and his fans out. He bleeps the word out, but it's pretty obvious what he's saying.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i think jim cornette might take wrestling too seriously

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

He's a rallying point for the worst kind of fan in any fandom: the gatekeeping rear end in a top hat.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

cornie says the young bucks would lose to punk in a legit fight because punk has MMA training

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cornie says the young bucks would lose to punk in a legit fight because punk has MMA training

So he hasn't seen any of Punk's UFC fights, I take it?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

considering punk already kicked both their asses with one arm destroyed and the other arm holding his dog and the other arm used to sic ace steel on omega, i'd say he has a point

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Well there's two of them and we've all seen the results of Punk's MMA training, but sure, whatever makes the old racist happy to believe I guess.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

edogawa rando posted:

Yep, Brian Zane included it in his video calling Cornette and his fans out. He bleeps the word out, but it's pretty obvious what he's saying.

I'm kinda surprised Jim's promo against Bob Armstrong never comes up when this topic is broached - he uses a story about Bob's father selling shoes to set up the punchline "whenever anyone in Knoxville thinks about black loafers, they think about Bob Armstrong's old man." It's insane how often he said poo poo like that.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

wouldnt put much stock in any jim cornette fight analysis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR2-G2xXWBU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

considering punk already kicked both their asses with one arm destroyed and the other arm holding his dog and the other arm used to sic ace steel on omega, i'd say he has a point

Source? And 'Phillip Brooks' doesn't count.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

C. Everett Koop posted:

kenny's concern was to rescue the dog so it wouldnt get hurt in the fight not fight punk

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

CombineThresher posted:

I'm kinda surprised Jim's promo against Bob Armstrong never comes up when this topic is broached - he uses a story about Bob's father selling shoes to set up the punchline "whenever anyone in Knoxville thinks about black loafers, they think about Bob Armstrong's old man." It's insane how often he said poo poo like that.

I wasn't aware of that one, but loving hell.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Thumbnails are getting absurd

GamemasterAnthony-rear end thumbnail

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Source? And 'Phillip Brooks' doesn't count.

i am the dog

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

edogawa rando posted:

I wasn't aware of that one, but loving hell.

That clip is in the 11-minute Smoky Mountain TV demo he sent out to local stations and network affiliates. Granted this was in Tennessee in the mid-90s but still, yeesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sorry about ur hosed up teeth