Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
For what it's worth (gently caress all) I reported his last tweet for abuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

After Cornette’s latest tweet i’m not sure having even a quarantine thread for him is warranted. This will be my last post mentioning him at least. I slightly feel sorry for what a sad and pathetic man he is but for the most part he has gone beyond the pale in regards to Penelope and I think he deserves to be completely made to be unmentioned. I mean if Rovert talk can be completely eradicated from the board I think Cornette deserves the same fate.

The problem is that, unlike Rovert, Cornette is a somewhat important figure and the things he says, and the reactions to them, can still become news. With a "no Cornette talk" rule and no quarantine thread, Miro's and Penelope's tweets either would have ended up in the social media thread and triggered a digression about whether or not they were allowed, or would have been mentioned by someone saying "hey, it's against the rules to post them, but go check out Miro and Penelope's latest tweets" and led to the same kind of discussion anyway.

He's a garbage piece of poo poo who doesn't deserve continued relevance, but while he has that relevance, it's hard to enforce a blanket ban. I think the quarantine thread is still the best middle ground.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

disaster pastor posted:

The problem is that, unlike Rovert, Cornette is a somewhat important figure and the things he says, and the reactions to them, can still become news. With a "no Cornette talk" rule and no quarantine thread, Miro's and Penelope's tweets either would have ended up in the social media thread and triggered a digression about whether or not they were allowed, or would have been mentioned by someone saying "hey, it's against the rules to post them, but go check out Miro and Penelope's latest tweets" and led to the same kind of discussion anyway.

He's a garbage piece of poo poo who doesn't deserve continued relevance, but while he has that relevance, it's hard to enforce a blanket ban. I think the quarantine thread is still the best middle ground.

You’re probably right. I guess i’ll hope for a world where he becomes deeply irrelevant

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
not going to post but the dumb gently caress is awake and on a direct car crash to getting kicked off twitter, but he is not mad at all we swear

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Cornette is professional wrestling's Rush Limbaugh

Agreed, Cornette fans vs white racist/homophobic/misogynistic republican rednecks in a venn diagram has to be just two 100 percent overlapping circles

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The sad thing is he's not anything like as influential as Limbaugh. He's increasingly deranged and powerless and the more that intensifies the less he can cope with it, to the point where sooner or later he's going to say something so vile he gets kicked offline.

He's professional wrestling's Graham Linehan.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Seams posted:

He's got me blocked, what did it say?

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
I see we've hit the puppet master defence in conjunction with LISTEN TO MY NEXT PODCAST HEAR ME TALK ABOUT THE WOMAN I CALLED A SLUT. Just a disgusting man.

Question that popped into my head today, what's the biggest gate Jim Cornette has pulled in as a booker?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Cornette is professional wrestling's Rush Limbaugh

He's a pill popping pedophile too?

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

For the sake of full transparency regarding mistakes made, I have to cop to the fact that I have listened to him in the past.

I never had any interest in anything that he had to say about anything in wrestling past the 90's, but like a broken clock, he actually tended to be right about domestic political issues more often than not years ago, and I sometimes enjoyed it when he verbally trashed notable republicans in the past. I was never an all the time listener, but I used to enjoy it when friends would send me his better stories about the past and those rants about politics. A combination of realizing that his political thing was a schtick when he compared people who like comedy wrestling to people who voted for the 45th President and what I later found out that he said about Muslims caused me to nope the gently caress out. The last time someone suggested something of his and I made the mistake of listening for a few minutes, it was apparent that he had stepped up his casual homophobia from occasional to frequent, and it just seemed like sad vitriol for clicks.

Maybe what he does now pays more. I don't know. However, he would probably have a job within the industry if he could shut the gently caress up, stop posting, and act like a normal human being. Whether it would pay less or not, it would be far more respectable to do something that wasn't tainted with negativity and bigotry.

As of late, I have sometimes posted about him to use him as an example of what is wrong in the industry and to poo poo on him and his "cult". I think that I am going to stop that and I don't think that I'm going to talk about anything that he does in the future. He doesn't deserve to be amplified, and other than "gently caress that guy", I don't think there is going to be much worth saying about him going forward.

gently caress that guy.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Vandar posted:

He's got me blocked, what did it say?

something to the effect of "if penelope had as many dicks on her as she had in her she would look like a porcupine"

funny how you can get banned for calling a politician a lying piece of poo poo but this fucker gets to double down with no consequences

he is exactly like the awful piece of poo poo ex-pres he claims to hate down to using the same phrases over and over

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1371075639873257479

"What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals..."

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Very fat man is wolf, local Twitter report says.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

If you keep threatening me, I swear, I swear to god that I will continue to say the exact same things about you on my garbage podcast for garbage people.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://mobile.twitter.com/jennyenicholson/status/1298041167628480512?lang=en

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

loving perfect hahaha

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

"What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals..."

This is the kind of poo poo every scared old hateful piece of poo poo starts saying as soon as someone stands up to them

Then when someone actually gets in their face ready to beat their rear end they turn into that dril corncob tweet

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Lid posted:

not going to post but the dumb gently caress is awake and on a direct car crash to getting kicked off twitter, but he is not mad at all we swear

now there is some good news

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Is Cornette really like touting his chances in a physical altercation with a 300 pound trained wrestler when Cornette is a 60 year old man and looks increasingly like a statue sculpted of warm butter?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

This is the kind of poo poo every scared old hateful piece of poo poo starts saying as soon as someone stands up to them

Then when someone actually gets in their face ready to beat their rear end they turn into that dril corncob tweet

Yeah, Cornette's pretending like he's worked out a muscle besides the ones in his jaw. It never ends up well for those dudes once someone offers more than exchanging words.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Dawgstar posted:

Is Cornette really like touting his chances in a physical altercation with a 300 pound trained wrestler when Cornette is a 60 year old man and looks increasingly like a statue sculpted of warm butter?

he's one of the dumbest men on the planet, of course he is.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

ItohRespectArmy posted:

he's one of the dumbest men on the planet, of course he is.

ive seen dumber

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

To be unreasonably fair on him, my read on it is that Cornette is offering a war of words (which is why he references Miro learning English), not a fight.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

To be unreasonably fair on him, my read on it is that Cornette is offering a war of words (which is why he references Miro learning English), not a fight.

Ah, the Verbal Debate option of Taboo Tuesday

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

lol yeah and hopefully miro isnt dumb enough that he is actually in earnest about planning to drive to jims house and beat him up

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

one of!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Mulaney Power Move posted:

lol yeah and hopefully miro isnt dumb enough that he is actually in earnest about planning to drive to jims house and beat him up

Hmm...I hope he is

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Thing about guys like Cornette is that they know there'll never actually be physical repercussions for their poo poo, because most people don't want to go to jail or get railed in a civil suit. And he can't be deplatformed because his platform is composed of people who are getting exactly what they want. He can never be shamed into acting right. He'll never sell for anything, he'll never apologize and if you look at where he was just three years ago compared to now, then apparently he's only going to get worse.

But on the bright side,

Eat My Fuc posted:

You’re probably right. I guess i’ll hope for a world where he becomes deeply irrelevant

This is going to happen anyway. Because he's going to die eventually.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
I don't care for his opinions on most things.

Quid fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 23, 2021

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

MJeff posted:

But on the bright side,

This is going to happen anyway. Because he's going to die eventually.

fingers crossed its soon!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also, just cause I see a couple posts to this effect on this page, don't beat yourself up too much if you used to listen to him and enjoy what he said. Like Bix said here,

davidbix posted:

This is probably a good time to reiterate something I mention from time to time, especially with a new thread:

When Brian became Jim's new cohost, the entire idea behind it was that after Jim went on 6:05 with Brian and myself, he got a ton of "you actually sounded like you were having fun!" feedback. So Brian, who had a good working knowledge of what Jim has and hasn't said in shoot interview DVDs or podcasts before, would be able to steer the show into discussing cool old-school stuff that Jim hadn't discussed publicly before. As a result, everyone wins, with cool new content and a happy, engaged Jim. And none of this is a secret that I'm specifically privy to, either. The substance of it was discussed on the air.

Then AEW launched, Jim's Double or Nothing review blew up, and he went further on the shock jock shtick than ever before, and it carried the podcasts to new heights, even resulting in the Drive Thru (which had, for at least a little while, been insulated from Jim's takes on anything current) losing much of the appeal that differentiated it from the main show. To anyone who's paid attention to Jim long-term and has half a brain, it's a cash grab, which probably makes it even worse.

His content actually used to be worth listening to, and then he decided to become a horrible fun house mirror version of himself for money. Was he probably always that bad of a person underneath? Yeah. But how could we have been expected to know that from listening to fun stories of him burying Bill Watts?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

MJeff posted:

Thing about guys like Cornette is that they know there'll never actually be physical repercussions for their poo poo, because most people don't want to go to jail or get railed in a civil suit. And he can't be deplatformed because his platform is composed of people who are getting exactly what they want. He can never be shamed into acting right. He'll never sell for anything, he'll never apologize and if you look at where he was just three years ago compared to now, then apparently he's only going to get worse.

plus he would probably just shoot you to death or run you over with his car if you did try to fight him.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

When Jim Cornette dies I'll go buy a special cake that's decorated for the occasion. :toxx:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

plus he would probably just shoot you to death or run you over with his car if you did try to fight him.

he wouldn't do jack poo poo to anybody because the only weapon his has is flapping his gums

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Lmao I can't believe some of you wanted to kill this thread, this rules.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Joey McChrist posted:

he wouldn't do jack poo poo to anybody because the only weapon his has is flapping his gums

no he has definitely pulled guns on people and tried to run over at least one guy with his car

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seams posted:

If more people reported Jim's abusive tweets and racist videos it might start making a difference.

MJeff posted:

Also, just cause I see a couple posts to this effect on this page, don't beat yourself up too much if you used to listen to him and enjoy what he said. Like Bix said here,

His content actually used to be worth listening to, and then he decided to become a horrible fun house mirror version of himself for money. Was he probably always that bad of a person underneath? Yeah. But how could we have been expected to know that from listening to fun stories of him burying Bill Watts?

His anti-Muslim rant was in 2014.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Ban guns in America. Not because of the school shootings, just to watch fat fucks all collectively shut the gently caress up overnight.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

You think he has the reflexes for that?

I mean I think you could just rush the guy with a baseball bat and it'd be over pretty drat fast.

MassRafTer posted:

His anti-Muslim rant was in 2014.

And he advocated for bombing civilians in 2001, I'm operating under the assumption that people who enjoyed his old wrestling stories didn't know about that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MJeff posted:

You think he has the reflexes for that?

I mean I think you could just rush the guy with a baseball bat and it'd be over pretty drat fast.

And he advocated for bombing civilians in 2001, I'm operating under the assumption that we didn't know about that stuff.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/520734184969867264?s=19