Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MassRafTer posted:

Kevin Kelly liked this tweet, definitely a smart move when you've already been demoted and quit your plan B.

https://twitter.com/JoeSposto/status/1726381797133414880

What I like about Cornette’s tweet is the idea that wrestlers have never had lumps or bruises or cuts before but also they were the most badass tough guys you ever saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
They should just fire Kevin Kelly and add whatever they were paying him to Schiavone's salary. The guy works basically every show in multiple roles, and managed to right the ship on Collision's commentary desk.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
kk forgot the one true rule above all others in tony khan's aew: "Posting Is Real Life"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
They should promote Kevin Kelly to lead commentator on Dark and not tell him they cancelled that show

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hmm, I wonder if there was anything back then where a promoter actually DID treat his employees like video game characters, and got them intentionally hurt, which they have decided not to do nowadays, which would show cornette to just be full of poo poo and wearing rose colored glasses for his youth

https://youtu.be/SK_XnHYXzaE?si=h7ciLdua1DhzNF8u

Nope, probably nothing showing that the good old days were way worse

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Just remembered how Jeff Jarrett went to the X Division guys in like, 2008 and told them he wanted them to wrestle more like video game characters.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Just remembered how Jeff Jarrett went to the X Division guys in like, 2008 and told them he wanted them to wrestle more like video game characters.

Picturing Jeff Jarrett telling AJ Styles to eat a roast chicken he found after punching a hole in a wall and laughing. I have achieved satori, like the great Buddhist sages before me.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Everyone in the X Division standing in the middle of the ring trading Mortal Kombat uppercuts.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MassRafTer posted:

booker of the year for the first person to recreate metal gear solid with pro wrestling

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

haunted bong posted:

Picturing Jeff Jarrett telling AJ Styles to eat a roast chicken he found after punching a hole in a wall and laughing. I have achieved satori, like the great Buddhist sages before me.

AwesomeKongcatchingturkeyleg.gif

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!
Meanwhile Vince is over in WWE picking up the Quad Damage.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

ZixTheYeti posted:

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

zetamind2000 posted:

booker of the year for the first person to recreate metal gear solid with pro wrestling

kenny/okada 4 is basically booked the same as the snake/ocelot fight at the end of mgs4

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
https://x.com/thejimcornette/status/1727380942829006958?s=46&t=ZOgtjsgQ2j9jWfsJ7rwNNA

It wasn’t too violent. It was gross and brutal and in bad taste but also fake and stupid. Also FTR should be mad they have some cuts from their match because a real booker would make sure things were safe and fake

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

ZixTheYeti posted:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

The_Rob posted:

https://x.com/thejimcornette/status/1727380942829006958?s=46&t=ZOgtjsgQ2j9jWfsJ7rwNNA

It wasn’t too violent. It was gross and brutal and in bad taste but also fake and stupid. Also FTR should be mad they have some cuts from their match because a real booker would make sure things were safe and fake

https://www.reddit.com/r/JimCornette/s/t66vxf4gI4

Goat loving

I completely fail to understand the positive reactions to this. Even ignoring the stupidity of drinking blood in what's supposed to be a major promotion, it looked fake, lacked rhythm and meant nothing. Why does stapling the guy matter if minutes later the guy staples himself for shits and giggles.

The praise the match is getting along with the fact that Jim and Brian took 15 minutes to realize that the PWI Award nominees list they had wasn't real tells us a lot about what a certain contingent of the wrestling audience has become. A lot of people are putting up with absolute garbage - in fact they are craving it - and I am so drat sick of being seen as an rear end in a top hat for expecting better from professionals. They can't work, they just string stupid spots together and think they are cool. I have been in e-feds more grounded and competent than AEW.

It grinds my gears because they are so drat selfish they want the entire industry to burn itself down for their dopamine rush. When it is all gone we'll only have some old DVDs and they'll be off to gently caress up somebody else's passion.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They're not going to gently caress your wife, Jim.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
poo poo should've clarified the paragraphs were replies to that I just found hilarious

But Jim was all in on Goat loving

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i thought you had lost it Lid

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Suplex Liberace posted:

i thought you had lost it Lid

I wish I was so secure in my worldview I could believe that AEW is an apocalyptic wrestling federation dedicated to killing wrestling and then publish it confidently because it's true. AEW is a death cult!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
"A few years ago, I recall the WWE decided they were going to "retrain" anyone who spent time in the indies, because they were "learning the wrong way to work."

I didn't think that was a fair thing to say back then. I didn't understand where they were coming from.

I sure as gently caress do after three years of watching AEW."

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
he's right

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

he's right

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Counter Point: No he isn't.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Just zero effort at all for this gimmick

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Weren't the guys in question, like, Chris Hero and Tyler Black/Seth Rollins (AKA the Raw champion and Guy Who Clearly Has A New Japan World Sub Still)?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Lid posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/JimCornette/s/t66vxf4gI4

Goat loving

I completely fail to understand the positive reactions to this. Even ignoring the stupidity of drinking blood in what's supposed to be a major promotion, it looked fake, lacked rhythm and meant nothing. Why does stapling the guy matter if minutes later the guy staples himself for shits and giggles.

The praise the match is getting along with the fact that Jim and Brian took 15 minutes to realize that the PWI Award nominees list they had wasn't real tells us a lot about what a certain contingent of the wrestling audience has become. A lot of people are putting up with absolute garbage - in fact they are craving it - and I am so drat sick of being seen as an rear end in a top hat for expecting better from professionals. They can't work, they just string stupid spots together and think they are cool. I have been in e-feds more grounded and competent than AEW.

It grinds my gears because they are so drat selfish they want the entire industry to burn itself down for their dopamine rush. When it is all gone we'll only have some old DVDs and they'll be off to gently caress up somebody else's passion.

I love the looked fake criticism because they’re the same people that if dudes started really walloping each other with weapons they’d be talking about how this is a bullshit mud promotion. There’s truly no winning.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

exactly what part looked fake?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1728062873287413930

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Come on, everybody! #brianback

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/StephenPNew/status/1733940061811454279?s=20

Punk and Steele used Cornette’s lawyer? lmao

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Isn’t that the lawyer every single indie wrestler everywhere was promoting for a while as the wrestlers’ lawyer for all your lawyering needs to lockdown things like gimmick ownership and poo poo?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Is he threatening to violate the NDA?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

History Comes Inside! posted:

Isn’t that the lawyer every single indie wrestler everywhere was promoting for a while as the wrestlers’ lawyer for all your lawyering needs to lockdown things like gimmick ownership and poo poo?
Stephen P. New advertises on the Jim Cornette podcast, has filed trademarks on behalf of Jim Cornette, Adam Pearce, All Star Wrestling, Girl on Cinema, Kassey Scott Huffman, Kerry Morton, the Midnight Express, and the Wrestling Revue. He also has done unspecified work for "indie wrestlers" and helped Cornette sue G-Raver.

He may have advertised on some other podcasts, but I only am aware of him for his association with Cornette. I haven't listened to a Corny podcast in ages, and am not sure what other shows he might have advertised on.

Meanwhile, "the Gimmick Attorney" Michael Dockins is also a shoot attorney and has done a lot of work with wrestlers securing trademarks and otherwise advising them. He got into doing wrestling work via Chris Jericho, who has had him on his podcast a few times. The big/'big' stories of his work were helping various people (Cody Rhodes and Billy Gunn most prominently) claw back their names from WWE. He's also worked with/filed trademarks on behalf of:

Abadon, Adam Copeland, Adam Page, Alex Abrahantes, Andrade, Anthony Bowens, Anthony Ogogo, Armando Estrada, Arn Anderson, the rear end Boys, Baron Corbin, Barry Darsow, Billie Starkz, Big Swole, Blue Meanie, Brandi Rhodes, Brian Cage, Brian Myers, Britt Baker, Brock Anderson, Brodie Lee, Bruce Pritchard, Charlotte Flair, Chelsea Green, Christian Cage, Claudio Castagnoli, Conrad Thompson, Dakota Kai, Danhausen, Danny Cage, David Crockett, Dean Muhtadi, Diamante, Dragon Lee, EC3, Evil Uno, Eric Bischoff, FTR, Game Changer Wrestling, the Godfather, Goldberg, the Good Brothers, Griff Garrison, Grizzled Young Vets, Heidi Howitzer, Highspots, Hook, the IInspiration, Jade Cargill, Jay Lethal, Jeff Jarrett, Jim Ross, Joey Janela, Jon Moxley, Jordynne Grace, Jungle Boy, Kaleb with a K, KC Navarro, Keith Lee, Kenny Omega, Kevin Thorn, Killswitch/Luchasaurus, Lance Hoyt, Lio Rush, Mance Warner, Mark Sterling, Matt Cardona, Matt Menard, McKenzie Mitchell, Mercedes Monet, Mia Yim, Mick Foley, Mike Chioda, Miro, MJF, Nick Nemeth, Nigel McGuinness, Northeast Wrestling, Nyla Rose, ODB, Orange Crush, Ox Baker's estate, QT Marshall, Red Velvet, Ric Flair, Ricky Starks, RJ City, Rockstar Spud, Rocky Romero, Ruby Soho, Sam Roberts, Samuel Shaw, Satnam Singh, Scorpio Sky, Serena Deeb, Shawn Spears, Slex, Steph de Lander, Sting, Sukeban, Taz, Thunder Rosa, Tito Santana, Trent Beretta, Trinity Fatu, Vampiro, WALTER, William Regal, Wyndham Rotunda, the Young Bucks, and about a dozen podcasters/bloggers/vloggers that I haven't heard of but do wrestling content.

Given the sheer volume of Dockins's clients (and that they make up about 90% of non-Cornette wrestling podcasts) you are probably thinking of Dockins?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah I’m definitely thinking of the other guy then

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Juris Doctor is Latin for "shoot lawyer."

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

Girl on Cinema

Huh, I wonder what ever happened to this fuckwit.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

edogawa rando posted:

Huh, I wonder what ever happened to this fuckwit.

I was surprised to find her presence basically scrubbed on social media too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

aew fans harassed her into hiding :(