Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Imagine getting radicalized by Jim Cornette into rushing a stage hoping he notices you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

To be fair, I can't remember James Rolfe ever saying anything homophobic, racist, or transphobic and seems like a good father/OK dude with just a crude sense of humor unless there's something I don't know. I haven't watched his stuff in a while.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Sep 30, 2021

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

dodgeblan posted:

If I had to guess I'd say in cornette's mind even if these guys were playing a tax man or a swamp monster they were still a BAD rear end DUDE becaue they had all these arcane behind the scenes secret rituals to prove that they were still actually tough guys to be feared.

Thing is the general population didn't know about any of that poo poo and just saw the incredibly stupid TV product with nonsensical joke characters. So i think he hates the bucks and kenny because they did away with all that bullshit and acknowledged openly that a wrestling match is a performance

Stolen Carny Valor

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Jim Carnette

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

lmao, actually good title card??

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

This was the best character in Caveman Games for the NES.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Jim thinks every tag match has to be book like this:

1) Faces start off strong
2) Heels cheat to get advantage
3) Heels beat down face; lots of missed face tags
4) Face finally gets hot tag
5) Decide if faces win, or heels cheat to win.

Any match that differs from said formula doesn't have psychology.

What I always wonder is if anyone besides Cornette enjoys this boring, rote poo poo.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, people liked FTR/Bucks a lot, so yes? (Hint, every one of those things happened in that match)

The issue isn't the formula, it's Jim and his lot not being able to recognise that formula once you bring in more modern spots and moves.

This was more what I was getting at. There's tons of room for creativity in a match adhering to that formula but that room does not exist in Cornette's brain. Was just wondering if anyone else genuinely thinks wrestling was perfected in 1983. Cornette fans are fans of Cornette but are they fans of Cornette's idea of what wrestling should be?

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Apr 16, 2022

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I'm from the south and have seen and eaten enough banana pudding that I don't want to ever see it again, especially in that illustration style that makes it look like it has noodles in it.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I hate how, no matter what context, Context has to list all his roles he's had in the wrestling industry constantly.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

This is the most I've ever been tempted to listen to an episode of the Corncast. Love some good dunking on Disco

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

sba posted:

somehow youtube recommended me the clip of Corny talking about the Punk stuff and....yikes it's cringe as hell

Same thing happened to me. Cornette really loves saying "the boys" when referring to wrestlers doesn't he? Matches his mindset of "boys will be boys" when he excuses all the dumb or terrible poo poo wrestlers have done I guess.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

cagliostr0 posted:

Using the stroke would be gimmick infringement

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Feels like time to close this thread.