Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

What about Dave Mustain? Can he come in? He kinda sucks but c'mon, have you HEARD Hanger 18?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cavauro posted:

all of the people with those opinions are racist and sexist, and that's why they say other more questionable and hosed up things. When i see them i go like this: "I'd take a poo poo on that guy!"

:hmmyes:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Good I hope he legit drives to his house and puts him in the accolade until he dies.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Penelope Ford wins. Flawless victory. Fatality.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

collocation posted:

Cornette is an rear end in a top hat. Shaming swingers is lame. There are at least 100 things about him deserving of scorn, unlike that.

On one hand, that's a fair point. On the other, Cornette called her some heinous sex negative poo poo so gently caress him, he lives in a glass house so he shouldn't have started throwing fuckin stones. Maybe if you're into watching your wife get banged by other dudes you shouldn't call women you don't like sluts.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

When Jim Cornette dies I'll go buy a special cake that's decorated for the occasion. :toxx:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Who's the guy behind the 9 out of morbid curiosity?

Don Callis. It's a reference to this if you don't watch AEW: https://youtu.be/7ZzE5Fvw9-c

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Who the gently caress is Charlie Haas?

He sucked.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Zombie Lemur posted:

Penelope never really even did the "sexy valet as a distraction" bit. She physically intervened in Kip's matches with hurricanranas or dives. Thinking back on it, she kind of flipped that trope on its head even if that wasn't the intention.

Kip is 100% her himbo arm candy valet.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Went to watch the new reliving the war thing on YouTube and first thing I saw was an intro by this poo poo head. Sigh. Unsubscribed from wrestling bios. Why would anyone think having this rear end in a top hat on in 2021 is a good idea?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

dracula vladdy AF posted:

That really sucks, I had some of those videos on in the backround this week and I found it really informative. I dunno why someone would want to associate with Cornette at this point given how divisive (lovely) he is.

Yeah I can only assume the worst at this point because it's not like it's a secret or anything.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cornette will be on Dark Side of the Ring season 3 also

I at least understand why you would want him for that, but I wish they would stop hiring him too.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Nick Jr. Face posted:

People talk about The Simpsons wearing out its welcome ages ago but South Park needs to go first

Simpsons is just milquetoast and bland. South Park has caused actual, quantifiably harm to society as a whole with it's disingenuous "lol both sides ha ha climate change is as likely to exist as a cryptid no difference between Bush and Gore lulz you're stupid if you care about anything" garbage.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

BGrifter posted:

I hate listened to a bunch of Cornette clips during the height of the quarantine last year and drat is it difficult to follow. He’s got so many terrible nicknames I could barely tell who he was talking about half the time. He seems to like calling Kenny Omega “Twinkletoes” or “Kenny Olivier”. I don’t have any clue what the Kenny Olivier thing is, his real name is Tyson Smith.

Also he does a running gag with a fake lawyer and plays a song that doesn’t make any sense. I don’t get it at all. I was deeply confused by all of this.

Kenny Olivier is him referencing Lawrence Olivier cause Kenny is just "play acting like a wrestler" and using a man who is widely considered a master at his craft as an insult being stupid never occurred to Jim.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Attempting to sexually assault two flight attendants is just boys being boys.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jose seems like a good guy even if he's insanely dumb, going only by his Twitter.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

BGrifter posted:

Can we cancel Cornette’s podcast and give it to Jose Canseco?

https://twitter.com/josecanseco/status/1365826972346064899?s=21

This single tweet is more entertaining than any episode of Jim's podcast.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jose is going to invade the Cornette compound with an army of ghosts.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I made perfectly clear I was going only by his Twitter account. Other than Dan Ryckert constantly dunking on him I know nothing else about Canseco beyond "played baseball."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/kennyomegamanx/status/1396680199442403328?s=21

Lmfao

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

The Omega Man is a sweet movie.

It's no Last Man on Earth.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

If it helps I hold this same baseless conspiracy theory. They've at least discussed it and seem brave enough to not play around. They might not be goading but I think they're confident in their chances if a lawsuit came.

I've also thought this for a while.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I would give almost anyone else the benefit of the doubt. Jim has not earned that.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I watched the show and Cornette seems to go out of his way to not admit to having explicitly known. He may or may not have, but he for sure wants people to think he didn't.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Corny butters his bread on the nostalgia of the good ol days doing the loop with the good ol boys in the back, and it's in his best interest to downplay anything that disrupts that narrative. That's why he always walks that line on the show when talking about stuff from that era. He did it with moolah, he did it here. He's a grifter. Never forget that.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Nice job of still getting a dig in at the Bucks there. Can't even disavow this dude without doing that.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cavauro posted:

do you suppose that guy will have a grudge against jim cornette now

It can either go one of two ways:

1. He keeps simping for Jim cause "he had to say that but really thinks I'm cool."

Or 2. He transfers all his anger to Jim for being sold out by him.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's gonna be really funny and/or sad to check in on this guy in like three months when no one remembers him.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I see Kenny and fans asking Corny to drop the gimmick because of this chud. Bad news for them that it was never a persona, that's just who he is.

Cornette immediately regressed into the guy we all know and hate too:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

coconono posted:

yeah I mean, Omega, who wasn't even involved with the planning or the execution of the segment, called up some fan in his best Jim Cornette voice and convinced him to jump the rails. This is on top of putting his own segments together, doing executive QA on the game project, scheduling his dates, drafting harrassing subtweets to Jim Cornette and polishing his belts. Busy guy.

They're implying the guy was a false flag.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i don't like that about aew either because originally they said they were going to be sports based or whatever

It's been three years. People need to get over this. It's very clear what the product is at this point, it's found it's identity. They seem to have only ever meant they were going to make rankings and wins and losses matter by this, as a question about that was what it was in reference to, if I'm remembering correctly.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Long-Time Lurker posted:

The olds and old-adjacent constantly whining about anything "killing/exposing the business" when the business has been exposed for decades just makes wrestling look even lamer to outsiders imo. It's just so pathetic.

This. It makes everyone look like that fuckin "it's still real to me!" guy.

coconono posted:

it really hasn't tho? People don't chant bump and feed or whatever. They come and cheer on their faves and boo their rivals. A great time is had by all except for crummy old men who are mad because their rapey hordes aren't venerated.

They know it's fake though. No one goes "wow this is great script writing!" in a movie if the movie is good, they go "oh no Tony Stark just died I'm so sad." Cornette wants us to instead think Tony Stark is real and actually died.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

What? Yes they do. I'm pretty sure I have had discussions about the quality of a given films writing with you personally.

If in the moment while watching the movie you are thinking about any aspect of it's production, it's failed. Afterwards, yes. But in the moment you should not be thinking about the writer instead of the characters and story.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Marvel movies aren't killing movies any more than the billon westerns from the fifties and sixties, or the billion cop movies in the seventies or eighties, or the billion erotic thrillers in the 90s. This poo poo goes in cycles and trends.

The Disney buying everything part is an issue but it's separate.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The thing that, on paper, got Alex Jones banned from Twitter is when he posted a video of himself harassing a journalist who was, in return, very polite and calm and didn't engage. Because that reaction was enough to push Jones behavior, doing essentially what Cornette does, into being abusive and harassing and qualify as bullying under Twitters TOS. So I kinda get it, even if we all know the real reason Jones got banned is cause he yelled at Jack.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cornette was never good, we just accepted more bullshit, as a society, previously so he got away with it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

RottenK posted:

is he an idiot

In your heart, you already know the answer to this.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CHIVERS posted:

The best part of the jce is when he does an ad read for BetterHelp.

Has anyone sent any of his stuff to his sponsors? I'm sure he can still shill for fake brain pills but a place that's ostensibly about getting therapy may not want to associate with a clearly unhinged guy like corny.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I doubt the fake therapy company cares

They might not, but they might care about the optics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i cant even imagine what the lives of the pearl clutching, snitch tagging, 50 year old men who worship him are like

You ever see American Beauty? Imagine Kevin Spacey in that but with no family then add on the probable nonce stuff real life Kevin Spacey has and the nazi poo poo his neighbor in the movie had, and you've got a good idea for most of them, probably.