Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
The minute I realised that Cornette wasn't the genius booker many proclaimed him to be was when he done a DVD fantasy booking how he would have done the WCW Invasion.

Somehow it was even worse than what we got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Vandar posted:

This one is bad even for Corncob.

https://youtu.be/zU2p5CB0nso

He starts off working with the idea that this is a five hour ppv and it gets worse from there.

Hope you’re ready for Undertaker versus Funk and Big Show/Kane versus the Steiner brothers!

Jesus, I forgot he booked himself in it.

Also he booked Undertaker to win, so you don't even have that joy.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

I see we've hit the puppet master defence in conjunction with LISTEN TO MY NEXT PODCAST HEAR ME TALK ABOUT THE WOMAN I CALLED A SLUT. Just a disgusting man.

Question that popped into my head today, what's the biggest gate Jim Cornette has pulled in as a booker?

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Very fat man is wolf, local Twitter report says.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

If you keep threatening me, I swear, I swear to god that I will continue to say the exact same things about you on my garbage podcast for garbage people.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

To be unreasonably fair on him, my read on it is that Cornette is offering a war of words (which is why he references Miro learning English), not a fight.

Ah, the Verbal Debate option of Taboo Tuesday

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Davros1 posted:

Jim's mind can't comprehend that it wasn't the 80s anymore, and that stuff was now lame

This quote could apply 1991 - 2021.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Low Desert Punk posted:

this is one of my favorite wrestling vignettes of all time

absolute icons

All Elite Scooby Doo? This conspiracy goes deep.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Hoss Corncave posted:

Nah, everyone else is just not smart enough to understand the genius of Undertaker vs Terry Funk because they were too busy thinking up matches no-one wanted to see like Undetaker vs Sting.

I still love he made sure to book himself on the card.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Just ribs, harmless ribs.

Almost falling out a plane at 20,000 feet? A merry old jape.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

Oh yeah, Mr "Fans tried to stab me in the parking lot" or whatever horse poo poo he says.

Please be respectful of the man who thought getting piss batteries thrown at him was a peak life achievement and not assault

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Vandar posted:

Looking for bad takes on the Corncob subreddit is way too easy but come the gently caress on:

https://reddit.com/r/JimCornette/s/q2MEVjrw06

There’s AT LEAST 100k people that only watch AEW because of Corncob and and and if he stops reviewing the show they’ll stop watching!!

Let me just check his Patreon and...

1/10th of a Deadlock. I see.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

I love the parade of pro-workplace assault fans. Just people who think that's a rad time.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he said tony kahn is a pussy and should have fired jungle boy because cm punk is the bigger draw and maybe hes right

Doesn't seem like he's right tbh

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he exposed the business punk was within his right to kill him

That's a 1980s mindset, the appropriate punishment these days is no less than three (3) passive aggressive jokes on Being The Elite. Get with the times grandpa.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

post hole digger posted:

you can get in trouble for posting bad in this forum? :ohdear:

Only for this forums worst offense - thinking something Jim Cornette said was cool and/or good.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Have we reached the gently caress around and find out era of backstage assaulters?

No, not the WCW video game, the other kind.

Edit: Does Jim know what legal counsel does in terms of investigating an internal issue? OH NO SHE GATHERED FACTS AND EVIDENCE AND WAS CAUTIOUS ABOUT BRING BACK THE DUDE WHO LITERALLY BIT A GUY.

Oh no, I started trying to logic a Cornette thought and now I am a molten puddle, please send help.

Raeg fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Sep 6, 2023

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Vandar posted:

According to his cult, Jim 'has inside sources that tell him things the rest of us don't get to know'.

I like to think this is just Andrade making up wild poo poo to further his quest to get fired.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Thousands of views and dozens of Patreons, he's nailing it!

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

If you ignore the racism, name one time he was racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Drakkel posted:

When a guy has a reputation for saying insanely racist stuff so often it's cost him multiple jobs he doesn't really get the luxury of the benefit of the doubt when he does something that looks insanely racist on the surface even if it actually isn't it.

No, the chicken remark was about being hungry you see...