Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
tribal chief sheamus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Hoss Corncave posted:

I'll always remember his OVW post 9/11 rant with all the wrestlers around him and a young John Cena trying to look tough but visibly getting more and more uncomfortable with what was being said.

Compromised to a permanent degree.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Everyone in the X Division standing in the middle of the ring trading Mortal Kombat uppercuts.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Serperoth posted:

Cheap heat for the Al Qaeda stable

Building 7 went into business for itself, though

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
listen if your parents won't respect the business then it's your civil duty to put them in a home and go no contact with them

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

chat is this real?

do you think cornette would eat fruit in any other fashion

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
why do you think cornette was so mad in the dairy queen drive-thru

where else can one get a banana in the south

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

rotinaj posted:

Um excuse me didn’t he throw such a big tanty that they felt they just had to bring Brian the dog back to make the honky rear end honky on the internet happy

I have it on good authority that jimothy cornette has that kind of stroke around these parts

family guy was going to kill brian for good because he brought bad ratings and disrespected the business. but jim cornette got mad and he showed the family guy whatfor and they had to immediately make a whole new episode to bring brian back to make jim cornette happy.

thank you jim cornette for saving the life of brian guy, son of the family guy

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

It has been so long people pretend that this isn't true, it's wild.

anyone who says this isn't true or says that's not how tv works are just exposing their own ignorance and showing their rear end on the internet

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'm going to call out all the factory members by name!

:refers to all members by vaguely homophoic slurs that the audience either doesn't get or does get and uncomfortably chuckles at, except for the handful that hoot and holler:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

Thumbnails are getting absurd

make this thumbnail the forum background tia

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

one time he was really mad about kenny using twitch despite not even knowing what twitch is and having to have it explained to him

bill watts wouldn't let anyone stream and he was right for doing that

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
jokes are forbidden in the wrestling business. it is to be 100% serious at all times. if you’ve ever told a joke or heard a joke you are banned for life. bruiser brody once laughed at a joke and that’s why invader one had to stab him in the shower, to protect the business

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cornie says the young bucks would lose to punk in a legit fight because punk has MMA training

considering punk already kicked both their asses with one arm destroyed and the other arm holding his dog and the other arm used to sic ace steel on omega, i'd say he has a point

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Source? And 'Phillip Brooks' doesn't count.

i am the dog

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Honestly, its not that deep. People just see a black man and a gorilla and automatically think racism. All Jim said was "I dont care if Mighty Joe Young or Cheetah can do all the moves, it doesn't matter if they aren't pushed as a threat." Pretty much saying Swerve and Fletcher can have an amazing match but you cant see Fletch as a threat cuz all he's done is lose. He's not calling Swerve a gorilla but they're purposely leaving out context to make you think the worst thing possible.

he's not calling swerve a gorilla but he sure is thinking it real hard

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

TinTower posted:

Yeah, if everyone could hear the dogwhistle it'd simply be a whistle.

Or his Kenny Omega homophobia bullhorn.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Majinfoose posted:

Has Corny actually run a successful company? Hasn't he just been a manager and on booking committees during cold parts of business?

Going off memory:

WCW - booking committee, wasn't the head decision maker, until he got mad and walked out.
Smokey Mountain: propped up by Rick Rubin money, tried the territory format after the territories were all but dead, went under once Rubin pulled his funding.
WWF: booking committee, pissed everyone off/didn't like the northeast (can't blame him on not liking Connecticut), went back to Louisville, wanted to kill Vince Russo
OVW: part owner, took WWF money in exchange for training their talent, did produce a golden generation (Cena/Brock/Orton/Batista), got mad over the idea that WWF would have a say in the talent they were paying him to develop, slapped Santino and solid his part
TNA: got worked by Jeff Jarrett into working again with Vince Russo, unsure of how much power he actually had but TNA was a shitshow that no one had a prayer of making halfway decent, from his telling got out-politic'd by Russo once more and was fired or quit I don't remember or really care to. Once more wanted to kill Vince Russo.
ROH: not formally head booker?, was now out of touch of what the modern wrestling fan was looking for, wore out his welcome and clashed with Sinclair management and ragequit

Basically only Smokey Mountain didn't end with him mad at someone or vice versa and that was a wrong place/wrong time investment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

rotinaj posted:

That on the other hand I would absolutely believe

Jim cornette walking into Luigi’s apizz and demanding a bowl of their finest pasta spaghetti and getting outraged that it isn’t chef boyardee brand slop is right on brand

the only bigger lol would be if cornette was pining so hard for skyline, which doesn't even qualify as food