Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1371075639873257479

"What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals..."

Lmao I can't believe some of you wanted to kill this thread, this rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Ban guns in America. Not because of the school shootings, just to watch fat fucks all collectively shut the gently caress up overnight.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MJeff posted:

You think he has the reflexes for that?

I mean I think you could just rush the guy with a baseball bat and it'd be over pretty drat fast.

And he advocated for bombing civilians in 2001, I'm operating under the assumption that we didn't know about that stuff.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/520734184969867264?s=19

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Who the gently caress is Charlie Haas?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Looks like Shawn Michaels got on crack

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Jim Cornette blaming Russo for stuff that happened when Russo wasn't there but Cornette was rules.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They essentially did the Terry Funk Vs Undertaker feud just with Ric Flair instead of Terry.

Jim is still dumb as gently caress and way behind the times though.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
If its not two Greasy southern men fighting over who has the nicer confederate flag it's not his wrestling.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Funny don't draw money, but the likes of Mike Mondo and The Headbangers do?

lol I forgot that Mike Mondo was supposed to be a huge babyface and Jim booked him to sexually assault a woman while making faces like a loony toon.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Saul Goode posted:

...did Corny just get worked by Matt's on screen character?

Corny got worked by a two parter Family Guy episode.

He's not the great mind he's been made out to be by... botchamania using his face to say "That's some dumb booking"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
People think psychology is boring because boring wrestlers claim they're doing psychology.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Kenny Omega? He looks like a girl. Now Randy Orton, there's a wrestler you can set your watch to!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
How do goons not get a grandpa simpson joke idk idk

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
What the gently caress did he think was happening?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Double post and all but does Cornette know that one of the guys he puts on a giant pedestal is out here liking current wrestling?

https://twitter.com/RealRickyMorton/status/1419146723532935168

Ricky Morton is cool, Jim is a hanger on. He'll never address it or he'll make an excuse to not address it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Gotta say they did something well if you want to say they hosed it up in a weeks time.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Lay off the Grapefruit, Bish

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
drat Leather face that hook doesn't look like it's bothering her

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Cornette has been well documented saying the problem with today's wrestlers is that they're not loving the women who come to the show and aggressively encouraged wrestlers like Chris Jericho to get out there and gently caress. Combine that with Jim's views on age of consent and...

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Cornett wants wrestling to go back to a time when all the wrestlers were pedophiles

Jim wants the world to go back to when he could get an erection without watching someone gently caress his wife, warts and all.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

davidbix posted:

Not quite: In a lot of territories, particularly the one (Memphis) where Jim broke in, having regular sex with fans was considered good for business because it would help them draw female fans and drawing female fans led to drawing more young male fans. It wasn't a kayfabe violation thing, but it was still weird and dumb.

Are you telling me that the Memphis territory with Jerry Lawler and Randy Savage had a paedophilia problem!?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Takeshita devistated to hear he won't get to gently caress Jim Cornette's wife.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I don't even know if Cornette is in the top ten anymore.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
tbh we should have figured it all out when Jim Cornette's entire gimmick was talking about all the absolutely stupid booking decisions that happened when he was in creative, and somehow he was never responsible for any of it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I might be misremembering, but I think I remember hearing on some Raven shoot that Disco hated the disco gimmick even though he wanted to be The Honky Tonk Man and couldn't work out that it was essentially the same gimmick.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Eugene hits some weird part of my brain where I know its poo poo and offensive, I know it is done in the worst possible taste but I can't help but love him. Not even in an ironic way, something in my head is so hosed that I see this man doing a piss poor Learning difficulty with a Hard R impression and I think "Aw that's nice he's giving it a go" like he's actually got a learning difficulty.

I don't like it about me but I can't help but have a soft spot for poorly acted LD's. I even saw an episode of Derek and thought it was okay before I caught myself on and put a stop to that line of thinking.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I enjoyed Cornette when he was talking about the dumb bullshit that happened when he was booker that totally wasn't anything to do with him.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL5CrxblRDg

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Thread is good, only thing I'd change about it is expanding it to all the old fuckers with Podcasts. I need updates from Russo, Bischoff, Road Dogg and basically anyone who's upset that they've been shown up by an E-Fed booker. If you booked in TNA and have the gall to criticize anyone, I want one convenient thread to dunk on you in.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I love me some Terry Funk, tho.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

I mean, I'd buy a ticket to see that card

The card itself isn't terrible, the booking to get to that card and the finishes of the matches are loving awful. Give it some tweaks and completely change the build, and it would probably be remembered as one of the better Manias.

Off the top of my head I'd make Funk Vs Taker a No DQ and put it in the slot where Flair Vs Taker was at actual Mania 18, Put the Dudley's against the Steiner's instead of the Road Warriors and add some tables, Swap out Bigelow for DDP (Lesner is green as gently caress so DDP laying everything out would probably make for a good match like it did with Goldberg), add in Trish Stratus Vs Medusa, Kane/Show can face Hall/Nash in some bullshit 7 minute affair where X-Pac does a run in, swap the Hardy's and Edge and Christian, Sting Vs The Rock for the belt and make Austin/McMahon Vs Hogan/Flair for the control of the company, McMahon and Hogan betray both of their partners and Vince pins Flair and Hogan gives McMahon an NWO shirt.

And then Raven comes out and gives them both The Evenflow CAW CAW CAW EC-DUB

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Undertaker vs Funk would be awful.

Look at this man who doesn't want to see Terry Funk scream "MY EYE" as Taker spits some chew in it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Defences of Jim Cornette are the thing that made this thread fun. Otherwise it's just keeping track of an irrelevant Bigot and his neckbeard army who care too much about the Purity of wrestling from when they were children.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

He’s now moving past the Bucks and to other AEW people

https://twitter.com/talkwrestling23/status/1698939813850664995?s=46

I knew it was a woman's fault. Even when it was all men fighting each other I knew it was a woman.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

"Stolen Valor" John Cena would've been such a based gimmick

I always thought that was his gimmick, it just came in just as the Iraq war was obviously going to poo poo and he turned up like Mayor Quimby with a bag full of pre whacked snakes.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They're not going to gently caress your wife, Jim.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Counter Point: No he isn't.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
"I kept on asking what we were doing with Cait Sith that night and all Kazushige Nojima and Yoshinori Kitase could talk about was how tight Tifa's dress should be at the Bee hut"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

Corny's repeated insistence that Matt Morgan was the next big thing always made me laugh. 7 feet tall or not, that dude sucked.

Matt Morgan, 8 years into his career as a Pro Wrestler, still being called a Blue chipper was a bit that always made me laugh.