Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Puppy Doll posted:

That's genuinely pretty sad. They could be watching old tapes, reading about wrasslin' history, maybe even logging off and learning how to knit, I don't know. Doing anything healthier mentally for them than this

I agree that's it's pretty sad/unhealthy that they devote so much time to getting mad about stuff rather than finding something positive/constructive to focus on. By the way, what's this thread about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

the most important thing there is to know about Cornette is that when Brian the dog died on Family Guy corny got mega upset and like wrote long screeds about how horrible it was, then when Family Guy brought Brian back corny smugly proclaimed that it was because he got mad on the internet. this story tells anyone everything they need to know about Jim Cornette in a single paragraph

yup. it tells you that he gets results

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

bloodysabbath posted:

Listened to this all the way through and I have to say when Corny’s brand of white hot hate is targeted at an appropriate target, it’s fantastic. Everything he said about the petty rear end coward exec was true and then some. He then basically told his internet followers to hunt down information on who it is, so maybe IDK you shoulda let the good wrasslin company run a tribute show to a dead colleague with two kids in the hospital, who was evidently beloved by both his community and the gayest wrestler who ever lived.

encouraging your fans to start harassing someone while admittedly having no way to correctly identify if they've got the right guy seem like a bad idea to me, personally

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

The Hausu Usher posted:

So I'm not supposed to take some heart from his stories and thoughts around Jay Briscoe - a guy who died less than a week ago taking his kids to cheerleading practice - because he once did a OTT comedy bit about OC?

if you think really hard you might be able to figure out why lots of people are grieving but only one person is saying hey this one guy isn't sufficiently sad enough, let's get together and track down his name and home address to give him a piece of our mind

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

I love me some Terry Funk, tho.

anyone saying they don't want to see him beat the undertaker is lying to themselves. blinded by hatred, you hate to see it...

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

No you literally have to pay transaction fees (usually referred to as ‘gas’) to put your NFTs onto the blockchain in the first place before you can sell them.

They have to be paid every time the NFT changes hands too because it’s grifts all the way down.

Everything about NFTs is even stupider than you first imagine.

Yea the end grift of nfts is people who own the marketplaces tricking people into thinking its easy money and then charging them listing/transaction fees.

Said marketplaces also happen to be owned by crpyo exchanges, where you can conveniently buy etherium which is the only method of payment their nft market accepts.

The whole owning jpegs fad makes a lot more sense when you realize it was mostly astroturfing meant to stimulate a slowing crypto economy.

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 11, 2023

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

terminal case of blue check brain

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
here's my fantasy booking scenario for wrestlemania:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
*said with zero understanding or desire to understand the situation* how about this: stephen penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

I think pointing and crying wolf when their is no wolf causes people to not believe you when a wolf appears.

hmm, like some kind of slippery slope. i've heard those are bad