Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Crapple! posted:

The Wrestling Inc guys don't like the female Japanese wrestlers. At least not the ones in AEW. I was watching one of their shows and one of them, I think it was Matt, said that they don't connect with the American audience. Pretty sure Riho connects with the audience just fine. I knew they were all going to be pissed when Shida won. They seem to have it out for her in particular

Yeah, Riho is pretty popular and her segments typically gained viewers. I love how these idiots and Corny think they speak for the entire American audience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Cornette is basically a professional troll, but man, his followers are scary repugnant

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Cornette is professional wrestling's Rush Limbaugh

That's an insult to Rush and Rush was a piece of poo poo

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Is Cornette worse than Ian Rotten at this point? I assume not, in so far as all Jim does is say hateful poo poo and Ian has physically hurt multiple people

i dont know, i think i would rather get my rear end kicked than be forced to have sex with cornettes wife for a push

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Why not both?

Anyway, its pretty telling that he chose basketball instead of MMA where women have been proven draws. Corny wont let nothin take away from his narrative

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

I saw him do the fire dance entrance a couple times in the indies in the early 2000's before TNA . The idea that he doesnt like it is kind of dumb

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

The nazi gimmicked Baron von Raschke used to go for an iron claw and when his opponent ducked he would apply it to the turnbuckle and he had trouble releasing it. Somehow this is realistic to corny

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

davidbix posted:

Haven't listened in a long time, but there's a story he used to tell about asking Buddy Rose to teach everyone something about ring psychology and Buddy was terrible at putting it into words. Some people just aren't good teachers.

Yeah, its kind of like how ted williams was a horrible batting coach.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

At what point is it felt that Cornette really went off the deep end?

I dont think he has really changed, he was always like this. The business just got less carny

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Hogan is explicitly banned for life from even attending an AEW show.

Isnt linda banned too? I vaguely remember this

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

That was shockingly ignorant and racist even by Corny standards.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Ah yes, those empty arenas and buildings that AEW is performing in. No fan in sight

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Tojo Yamamoto named after the WWII Japanese Prime Minister Tojo and the Admiral Yamamoto was tooootally not a stereotype

Duke Pukem fucked around with this message at 03:47 on May 29, 2022

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Its worth posting again, funny as hell

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Yeah, thats sickening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Wasn't Dave's gimmick being summoned from the sea (or water, given it was OVW) which was Jim basically ripping off Kevin Sullivan's Army of Darkness angle in Florida where Sullivan does the same thing to Purple Haze?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5MCQnUzxb4

sure seems like it