Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Jim also was so upset about Kenny's death on the debut episode of South Park he smashed up his own car, the next week when Kenny returned he had planned to get his rear windshield repaired but when Kenny died again he got so angry at the perceived betrayal he smashed his front windshield in a rage, it went on like this for weeks.

Some say this why he has a vendetta against anyone named Kenny to this very day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You couldn't pay me to listen to that but wasn't there a rumour that Charlotte was pregnant or something (or got a false positive on a test) and that's why she was initially pulled from Mania or some other match?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

They know it's fake though. No one goes "wow this is great script writing!" in a movie if the movie is good

What? Yes they do. I'm pretty sure I have had discussions about the quality of a given films writing with you personally.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wait till he hears about New Jack

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

The crowd chant Cowboy poo poo when they are bored of Hangman being there and they want him to go away.

Unironic "I was chanting Boo-urns" logic. Just breathtaking.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Double post and all but does Cornette know that one of the guys he puts on a giant pedestal is out here liking current wrestling?

https://twitter.com/RealRickyMorton/status/1419146723532935168

RnRs have been doing cool poo poo for years, they even did at least one Dynamite.

What would absolutely murder Cornette is if Joey Janela could do something with Bobby Eaton.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Iamgoofball posted:

i dont know much about wrestling, i prefer football(real football btw), but my new roommate keeps listening to this cornette guy's podcast and it's fuckin terrible

he's also got all this poo poo he put up on the wall

can someone tell me all the details about this cornette guy? all i know from the various poo poo i've overheard from him playing cornette's podcast really loud all day is that 1. he's transphobic and 2. he really hates someone named kenny omega

You need to sever whatever lease agreement you have, pack your poo poo in the dead of night, and peace out of there.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Replace that dudes Cult of Cornette certificate (ugh) with that, OP

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

Cornette's interpretation of Sable was she was absolutely money driven and didn't give a single poo poo about being in WWE. AKA the model WWE employee.

I don't know if that's true or not but *gestures at her husband*

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cavauro posted:

did he run off the great brian last or somebody before then?

He used to co-host with Alice Radley, who left when he started being even more openly racist.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TheKingslayer posted:

That's seriously the last time I ever listened to his show. Her discomfort was practically oozing out of the speakers and Jim thought it was a hoot to be an even bigger piece of poo poo and upset her more.

That was around where I tapped out too. It also coincided with him being super racist and obnoxiously childfree and I didn't have room in my life for a podcast that was Bill Maher with a reddit account.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cornette being peak "boomer with too much internet but for wrestling" is not surprising in the least

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The cape rules in and of itself but Kane being the wrestling equivalent of Michael Myers as a first impression was much cooler. He should've adopted the cape instead of that weird welding mask later in his career though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I was at the match live and it was just a stiff looking match and not remotely dangerous. Plus Jody is a pro and was clearly fine afterwards. But corny gonna corn.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

The people popping their monocles over Athena working snug should probably pass out when they watch anything from, I dunno, Mid-South or Memphis from the 'horrific violence' there but alas the standard is double.

I don't know why this issue is getting me so frustrated, it literally goes against observable reality and was started by a dude that managed loving VADER

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Everything the others have said is true, but it is indeed an oddly irritating 'topic' even beyond what Corny and his mob normally barf onto Twitter. I get it.

For sure, I normally don't give a poo poo about what those guys say about a match they only saw clips of but that moment for Jody was genuinely one of the highlights of the show for me. That kind of thing is what I go to wrestling FOR and it sucks to see people trying to ruin it, even if it's a bunch of old, irrelevant heads.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Can't believe the internet broke ol' smilin Jim's tennis racket.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Maybe they don't know we can filter the thread by poster. Did we just find Brian Last's SA account?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

" but are still run by trumpers"

People just posting anything on that website.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Hausu Usher posted:

If you want to avoid him getting too nuts, just skip forward when he starts talking about the other driver and later on about the TV executive who wouldn't let Dynamite show highlights of the Briscoes on Wednesday.

One way you know Cornette is someone worth listening to is when even posting a supposedly good thing he said, you have you add a caveat to turn it off when he starts ranting like a loving lunatic. Very normal.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What a hilarious number of days for the Corn Show

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Rock n Roll Express have worked with the Bucks and I believe in GCW with Janela so it's not exactly new territory for him.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

I can't picture his current fanbase. It can't all be guys who are old enough to have actually been there for the good old-school wrestling. Don't tell me bearded 30something leftist wrestling nerds are big Corny fans.

Picture someone still into Bill Maher

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yeah they probably hired someone to design and set them up and didn't sell enough to make that money back. Being the dude who gets paid to make NFTs for people who don't understand them (aka everyone) is the only part of this grift that makes sense, because presumably you at least get paid up front.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

"Stolen Valor" John Cena would've been such a based gimmick

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He's Bill Maher, basically. That's really all you need to know.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You guys are being really mean to Stephen Pnurtis

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cornfans sure have a type, drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't remember Punk ever on Rampage after that first one.

E: I also didn't know Cornette had nicknames for the Factory members.