Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

IGgy IGsen posted:

Someone explain the thread title to me. I don't listen to enough (or any) Cornette to know about his opinions on Metallica's vocalists.

My main exposure to Cornette is the Cornette thread which is where I go to whenever life seems too good and I need to be reminded Cornette exists.
Bad poster from the previous thread who got a perma-ban. His name was 80's James Hatfield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Duke Pukem posted:

Cornette is basically a professional troll, but man, his followers are scary repugnant
Claiming "I'm not a sheep" as they wait for their idol to tell them how to think is a very common attribute of the type of fan a Cornette fan is. If Cornette decided that Tay Conti was his favorite women's wrestler, the whole Cult of Cornette would be in everyone's replies asking why Maki Itoh is getting a push when Tay Conti isn't.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Guys, I figured it out.

• Big head
  • Throws tantrums
  • Army of simps

Cornette hates Itoh because she's stealing his brand.
The bullets are on point, but nobody has ever considered Jimmy the cutest of anything, especially the world.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Do you think Cornette would like Asuka better or worse if you showed him her early career when she was legitimately knocking people out

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lid posted:

He also said Bianca can't be the top star because shes too small.

Bianca is taller and heavier than Rhea.
:psyduck:

Unless Rhea has 3 inch lifts, Rhea is definitely taller. I can believe that Bianca is heavier because she's all muscle though.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

This lawyer, in fact lives and practices in my home town and I've met him on occasion. He's a huge wrestling fan, I wouldn't be surprised if Cornette just knew him from running shows in West Virginia 35 years ago

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

davidbix posted:

Steve and Jim first became friends to some degree decades ago when Steve—then in law school, if I'm remembering right—sent Jim a law textbook excerpt about the time that Jim, Bobby Eaton, Stan Lane, and Jim Crockett Promotions were sued by a fan who accused Stan of assaulting him unprovoked. The textbook entry stemmed from this ruling, IIRC: https://law.justia.com/cases/west-virginia/supreme-court/1990/19481-5.html

At some point after they started doing the Drive Thru as a regular free podcast, Steve's firm started sponsoring it, and Jim would sometimes have him on the main podcast if there was a law-related topic he and Brian wanted to discuss. At some point this evolved into Steve being his lawyer.

While the G-Raver thing sucked, I do believe Steve when he says that the intent was just to stop selling the shirts and that it got out of control when the indie merch guy working as Raver's lawyer wanted to push it further. (Especially since it was clear early on that there wasn't much money from sales of the shirts.) In the last several months I've come to believe that at his heart, Steve is a truly decent human who came off worse because Jim was his client. He's done a LOT more to help fight the Joey Ryan lawsuits than people realize, and that really counts in my book.
Yeah I've worked with Stephen P New, he's always been super friendly, nothing bad to say about him. Very proud about being from the area and does some volunteer stuff, he also sponsors the local radio stations' 80's and 90's weekends all the time. I think other goons Zaqtaro/Cucumber & Co have also worked with him

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lamuella posted:

iirc Ric Flair once told Mick Foley to his face that everything he did in the ring was garbage and he'd be in a wheelchair by the time he was thirty.
He wasn't far from the truth as far as the wheelchair goes, Foley was only 33 when Taker/Mankind in HIAC happened and by the time he was 40 he was walking with a big limp

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The_Rob posted:

Rid flair and mick also had one of my favorite hardcore matches that was brutal and ruled.
I didn't know that Foley was involved in Reid's death match

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I don't think he was trying to own the Young Bucks in that tweet, he's saying someone as weak as he is still could have beat the poo poo out of a mark jumping the rails.

Which might not be far from the truth since he got dragged by Justin Roberts and there's other fans in history that got kicked out by referees.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

NVM there's the answer

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

The first Thor was a solidly underrated movie, and the only one that gave Loki an actual character beyond Cackling Supervillain
The TV series gives him his character back so it's ok.

And as long as Disney/Marvel keep making good movies I don't really care, at least they're willing to go to new franchises instead of just sticking to Iron Man/Captain America

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

At what point is it felt that Cornette really went off the deep end?
When he was trying to "work" the smarks with Kenny & The Bucks to make money, but Cornette was saying personal stuff about them they weren't comfortable with and told him to gently caress off.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Wazzu posted:

Just entering then leaving the cornhole to say I watched on YouTube his review of the Page/Omega segment from this week and holy poo poo the review is so awful.

All the juvenile nicknames, the unrelenting hate. It was funny that he viewed it as a negative when the crowd chanted "Cowboy poo poo" in support of Adam Page. It would probably be cringe for Adam to say it every week, maybe once a year then leave it to the crowd is great - but not to Cornette.
As far as I know, Adam Page has said it once ever

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Pylons posted:

This is the Cornette thread, but apparently Konnan is expressing doubt on his podcast that Hangman should be the next champion because "the fans may want it, but Hangman doesn't bring any new fans into the product".
Not going to listen but he put over the original LAX and PnP like nobody's business as well as being the reason the Luchas got into WCW to begin with so I'm gonna assume he just wants Andrade to be in that spot

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

BrigadierSensible posted:

A jim Cornette Podcast where he did only talk about things he liked, and reminisced about the "olden days" and which wrestlers he liked, and the cool stuff they did in ring and out of ring, and anecdotes about the backstage machinations of the various different promotions he has worked for over the last few decades might actually be interesting and/or fun.

Cornette has a remarkable memory for dates and numbers etc. and has been around for a long time so he knows a lot of stories, and probably even quite a few fun ones about cool things he likes.

The problem would be is that instead of it being "old man tells wrestling stories from his past" it would inevitably devolve into Jim angrily yelling about ... something or other, using slurs and then yelling some more.

Which is not cool or fum.
He's still a reliable historian, as far as I know he was sober his entire career which was a rarity from his era. But he's still a piece of poo poo and his head exploded somewhere in the mid 90's when he stopped recording history.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The bank teller might have nightmares about it but I think Nick Gage would be cool with them afterwards. His robbery was more of a cry for help than any kind of attempt at a violent crime

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

BrigadierSensible posted:

Has Lance Storm disowned Cornette yet? Or at least distanced himself from him?

Coz I like Lance Storm, and think he has a good wrestling brain. Even if he does get it wrong a couple of times, (Libraries etc.) And last I heard Lance was a big fan of Cornette and Cornettes booking back in the olden days.

So I just hope Mr. Storm hasnt been Milkshake Duck-ed by association.
The Libraries tweet was 8 years ago

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Does Cornette even rant about WWE that much or is it all focused on AEW and the indies so he can carve his niche out as being the MAGA leader of the WWE fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Stall_19 posted:

He does when he watches it. He doesn’t watch it unless it’s something notable
That makes it sounds like he doesn't watch WWE though