Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
GirlOnCinema! For context, she's some youtuber who I guess found some mild success when she made a video about why AEW sucks and has since made complaining about AEW her whole gimmick. Her videos are apparently just like. Entire AEW segments with her talking over them and I guess she hits mostly all the same talking points as Cornette, so she's trying to court that corner of wrestling fandom. This is all uninteresting as gently caress and I have tried extremely hard to not pay any attention to it, but I find the latest wrinkle just, bizzarely compelling.

First off, AEW demonetized her videos.
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1369710438326431746

Then, she apparently racked up a copyright strike for a video about some other youtuber who I have never heard of and she's basically doxxing and blackmailing him.

Like at first I thought she was just some nobody youtube who accidentally stumbled into a tiny bit of success and was just trying to ride it as far as she could. But now she's basically just blatantly trying to lose all her accounts and I can't look away from it.

Also apparently she's extremely lovely about Nyla, as per usual, and replied to a tweet of Aubrey wearing a Brodie armband for the Brodie tribute show with "Cringe.", so. All around winner.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Low Desert Punk posted:

her regular videos on movies are really bad too. just incredibly mediocre content on all fronts

I watched a few seconds here and there and it just seems like totally unscripted talking over footage of something. Just absolute bottom of the barrel no effort, no creativity at all.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Mirowns, but there's a reason none of the wrestlers ever sell for Cornette.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

davidbix posted:

This is probably a good time to reiterate something I mention from time to time, especially with a new thread:

When Brian became Jim's new cohost, the entire idea behind it was that after Jim went on 6:05 with Brian and myself, he got a ton of "you actually sounded like you were having fun!" feedback. So Brian, who had a good working knowledge of what Jim has and hasn't said in shoot interview DVDs or podcasts before, would be able to steer the show into discussing cool old-school stuff that Jim hadn't discussed publicly before. As a result, everyone wins, with cool new content and a happy, engaged Jim. And none of this is a secret that I'm specifically privy to, either. The substance of it was discussed on the air.

Then AEW launched, Jim's Double or Nothing review blew up, and he went further on the shock jock shtick than ever before, and it carried the podcasts to new heights, even resulting in the Drive Thru (which had, for at least a little while, been insulated from Jim's takes on anything current) losing much of the appeal that differentiated it from the main show. To anyone who's paid attention to Jim long-term and has half a brain, it's a cash grab, which probably makes it even worse.

I mean, didn't he stop covering AEW for a while, then his numbers went down, so he started covering it again?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Thing about guys like Cornette is that they know there'll never actually be physical repercussions for their poo poo, because most people don't want to go to jail or get railed in a civil suit. And he can't be deplatformed because his platform is composed of people who are getting exactly what they want. He can never be shamed into acting right. He'll never sell for anything, he'll never apologize and if you look at where he was just three years ago compared to now, then apparently he's only going to get worse.

But on the bright side,

Eat My Fuc posted:

You’re probably right. I guess i’ll hope for a world where he becomes deeply irrelevant

This is going to happen anyway. Because he's going to die eventually.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also, just cause I see a couple posts to this effect on this page, don't beat yourself up too much if you used to listen to him and enjoy what he said. Like Bix said here,

davidbix posted:

This is probably a good time to reiterate something I mention from time to time, especially with a new thread:

When Brian became Jim's new cohost, the entire idea behind it was that after Jim went on 6:05 with Brian and myself, he got a ton of "you actually sounded like you were having fun!" feedback. So Brian, who had a good working knowledge of what Jim has and hasn't said in shoot interview DVDs or podcasts before, would be able to steer the show into discussing cool old-school stuff that Jim hadn't discussed publicly before. As a result, everyone wins, with cool new content and a happy, engaged Jim. And none of this is a secret that I'm specifically privy to, either. The substance of it was discussed on the air.

Then AEW launched, Jim's Double or Nothing review blew up, and he went further on the shock jock shtick than ever before, and it carried the podcasts to new heights, even resulting in the Drive Thru (which had, for at least a little while, been insulated from Jim's takes on anything current) losing much of the appeal that differentiated it from the main show. To anyone who's paid attention to Jim long-term and has half a brain, it's a cash grab, which probably makes it even worse.

His content actually used to be worth listening to, and then he decided to become a horrible fun house mirror version of himself for money. Was he probably always that bad of a person underneath? Yeah. But how could we have been expected to know that from listening to fun stories of him burying Bill Watts?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mulaney Power Move posted:

plus he would probably just shoot you to death or run you over with his car if you did try to fight him.

You think he has the reflexes for that?

I mean I think you could just rush the guy with a baseball bat and it'd be over pretty drat fast.

MassRafTer posted:

His anti-Muslim rant was in 2014.

And he advocated for bombing civilians in 2001, I'm operating under the assumption that people who enjoyed his old wrestling stories didn't know about that stuff.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah he's saying regardless of what you think, Matt and Nick would've beaten you senseless.

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's gonna be really funny and/or sad to check in on this guy in like three months when no one remembers him.

I really hope that's the case because I have a super bad feeling he's gonna wanna keep getting the attention.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, I'm actually legitimately surprised he didn't try to stick in some lovely dig on Omega or something. It's surprising that at this point, he knows enough to take ANYTHING seriously and not do his horrible loving gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So was this dude actually arrested?