Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
her regular videos on movies are really bad too. just incredibly mediocre content on all fronts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

lol I like Miro now

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

lmao

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

just remembering Cornette getting homicidally angry at Jericho and Lance Storm because they didn't gently caress enough teenage girls in Smoky Mountain for his liking

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Critical posted:

couldn't be that he made them look like the lamest motherfuckers on this blue pill before they even had a match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoidl4m0zP4

he also wanted to dress them in gold jumpsuits iirc

this is one of my favorite wrestling vignettes of all time

absolute icons

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

coconono posted:

psychology is for boring dunderheads who can't get poo poo like bodyslams and arm locks over. just loving useless in today's wrestling.

lol yikes

every world class wrestler currently working has great psychology. it isn't shorthand for "boring wrestling." like what the gently caress are you even talking about

Low Desert Punk fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 4, 2021

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

A jim Cornette Podcast where he did only talk about things he liked, and reminisced about the "olden days" and which wrestlers he liked, and the cool stuff they did in ring and out of ring, and anecdotes about the backstage machinations of the various different promotions he has worked for over the last few decades might actually be interesting and/or fun.

Cornette has a remarkable memory for dates and numbers etc. and has been around for a long time so he knows a lot of stories, and probably even quite a few fun ones about cool things he likes.

The problem would be is that instead of it being "old man tells wrestling stories from his past" it would inevitably devolve into Jim angrily yelling about ... something or other, using slurs and then yelling some more.

Which is not cool or fum.

some of the kayfabecommentaries shoots with Jim were pretty much like this, like the ones specifically focusing on pre-90's wrestling. there was a really good one with Lance Storm where they just tell stories about Stampede and western Canada wrestling for like two hours

unfortunately even what good content Cornette has is tainted by decades of him being an unlikable toxic dipshit. that's the problem, he can't really go back at this point

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Or maybe it's this, which I guess he also did while he was Diesel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK9BH6sAqio

yes, this is the squisher.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Alaois posted:

his schtick on Impact was more like "YOU PEOPLE CALL YOURSELVES REAL WRESTLING FANS, WELL MR REAL WRESTLING FANS WHEN DID RIC FLAIR WIN THE NWA US TITLE FOR THE FIRST TIME? THATS RIGHT YOU DON'T KNOW. WHICH ONE OF THESE AWA TAG TITLES IS HAWK'S AND WHICH ONE IS ANIMAL'S? I BET YOU KNOW BECAUSE YOU'RE A REAL WRESTLING FAN"

one of my favorite gimmicks of the past five years. hysterical

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Cornette and his girlfriend booked and filmed and aired on television Batista being summoned by magic ceremony out of the water to wrestle as a swamp monster

why are you posting one of the few cool things Corny did as a negative

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5MCQnUzxb4

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted: