Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Come on, everybody! #brianback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Cornette getting worked by Brian Griffin is the second funniest thing to come from wrestling Twitter. The funniest is Brian Alvarez ordering apple juice.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wait what's the apple juice story?

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/87410769448271873?lang=en

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/769382323087286272?t=VT9l-nPC_V3bBDQoWirvHw&s=19

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1695715451714576716?t=TM-vXeZ4Km46ZObTbfpEOg&s=19

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Honestly, its not that deep. People just see a black man and a gorilla and automatically think racism. All Jim said was "I dont care if Mighty Joe Young or Cheetah can do all the moves, it doesn't matter if they aren't pushed as a threat." Pretty much saying Swerve and Fletcher can have an amazing match but you cant see Fletch as a threat cuz all he's done is lose. He's not calling Swerve a gorilla but they're purposely leaving out context to make you think the worst thing possible.
Do not give Jim Cornette any benefit of the doubt. Ever.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

:cripes:

Obviously this thread has only one rule, which is to never give Cornette the benefit of the doubt and that Just Asking Questions or straight Cornette defense isn't allowed. But please, if Hoot is doing his boneheaded poo poo I promise it's okay to just not react. Or metaphorically post "ughgh" and scroll away.

gently caress Cornette and his art guy though, gross!!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Shard posted:

No offense Erin but why should we just scroll? This is my favorite sub because of how we don't tolerate trolls and assholes. I'm not saying ban or whatever but if someone tries to defend a racist I reserve the right to call him out for it.

I'm all for it, it's a discussion forum, it's for discussion, I love Discussing, but there comes a point where it feels like we're just posting in circles y'know?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

He lost every bit of credibility he could have had from me when he tried to backpedal on how hard he tried to kneecap Kevin Steen during his hottest era and pretend he didn't nearly gently caress ROH up. He's so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

It actually wasn't Ram Kaichow who Kenny wrestled. It was Haruka, a different kid who didn't end up staying in the business.