Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Someone explain the thread title to me. I don't listen to enough (or any) Cornette to know about his opinions on Metallica's vocalists.

My main exposure to Cornette is the Cornette thread which is where I go to whenever life seems too good and I need to be reminded Cornette exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I believe this is from before Cornette went full nutjob and started monetizing how stupid he is. But it's still not a great card. And c'mon. Do you really gotta book yourself to get Dusty DQ'd?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

My favorite part is that he seems to think him and his weird followers actually affected that. And not the fact that these episodes were written and produced weeks/months in advance. At the very least the episode that had him come back had to have been in production already by the time that one aired.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 14:38 on May 4, 2021

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Great match, didn't know Corny worked as a wrestler

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

It's still real to that one guy, damnit!
And if it ain't worth it for that dude then I don't know what is.
-James Mark Cornette

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

davidbix posted:

Regardless, the whole "willing to burn decades-long friendships over what pro wrestling they like" think is, as far as I know, a wholly recent development. So it's really a matter of what you consider "off the deep end," but "the last 26 months" is absolutely one of the acceptable answers.

Honestly, to me it seems like it was a longer time ago than 2 or so years but maybe that's because my perception of that is skewed. I just remember him really starting to double down on his shittiness a year or two before AEW even started.

But I guess the new big promotion run by his most favorite rant subjects might have knocked him down even further.

Love how everyone he's interacting with lately basically goes "Love you on Dark Side of the Ring / as a wrestling historian but please shut up otherwise" and I really have to agree with that.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Not only is he right, but this is also probably the most coherent paragraph I have read from Meltzer about anything

I'm glad I don't usually read anything from Meltzer because that paragraph could have easily been five or six paragraphs without changing any of the text and be infinitely more readable.

He is correct, though.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Are you talking about that Youshoot video where he just puts down a PPV card of WWE vs. WCW? Because yeah that sucked in an almost endearing kind of way. Cause you know he was trying his best.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I remember a story from an old Deadlock episode where Jawnny tells the story of how Nick Gage is the sweetest person. It was in CZW, I think.
Like, he was doing audio and NIck Gage came up and was like "YEAH THAT'S SOME GOOD poo poo KEEP IT UP!"
And more stuff where he's all encouraging despite it not being anything required or expected from him, especially not to an audio guy who probably just gets told not to play New Jack's theme at best.

Speaking of: He also told the story of Mox wanting to come out to Natural Born Killaz but they didn't let him so next time Mox just went up to Jawnny and said to play it anyway.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jul 23, 2021

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Don't make me click on that, please.
Great thumbnail, tho.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Mulaney Power Move posted:

wasnt he just like "yeah and i got rich by only doing six moves"

Pretty much, he also really wanted them to know he does a side slam.

E: Oh, there we go, vid above.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

In Street Fighter II Ryu has six moves

Punch
Kick
Hadoken
Tatsumaki
Shoryuken
Throw

Ryu is a martial arts master. Six moves is all it takes.

E: Now I get it, Kevin Nash is one of those drat video game wrestlers.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Scott Steiner in AEW should be just him never being explicitly booked but just showing up demanding mic time and sometimes beating someone up. There shouldn't be any rhyme or reason. Like before a show just roll dice to see if Scott Steiner should show up or not and if the result is yes just give him a slot to crash the show. Let him do whatever he wants.

Trust me I know what I'm doing.

But yeah, Corny needs to clean up more than his hatred of the Young Bucks and Kenny Omega.

Not sure if true, maybe someone who actually listens to the show can confirm, but someone in a Discord Server I'm in said that Cornette's Co-host (assume it was Brian Last) called Cornette out on giving all the credit to Kenny Omega's opponents finally after Omega vs. Danielson by saying "Omega could cure cancer and you'd try to give credit to the patient"

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Cropped Cornette thumbnails are high art.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Puppy Doll posted:

...I just realized I forgot to change the sickos dialogue.

God tier.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

That's what happens if you run WCW during it's hottest period.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Stunningly Japanese, even.

E: I hate this snipe. I should not be allowed to make posts sometimes.

2023 Edit: hello

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 13, 2023

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Honestly, I can see them actually doing this after retirement as a shitpost. Where Matt complains about people not selling their backs enough

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Don't worry. We'll still care about you until you're 50+

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Changing my opinion from "I love Danhausen because goons whine about mEmE wReStlErS" to "I hate Danhausen because Cornette likes him"

I continue to have no informed stance on Danhausen I'm basing my opinion on spite alone.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Ah yes, AEW, famous for ejecting fans for yelling NEEDLE-DICK at MJF or KENNY NO-BALLS or FAT-FACED DIPSHIT. How dare they throw one transphobe out! That'll only leave 6898 fans in the building!

Yeah, well, but if they had added one instead of ejecting one we'd be sitting at 6900 so it's impossible to tell if transphobia is good or bad.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Wow, Bully Ray is such a nuanced person. He's not all about the heat. Sometimes he just wants to plain suck too.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

edogawa rando posted:

When has he not?

Back when I played Smackdown: Just Bring It! Having only watched WCW before not knowing who he is.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Why does Corny always have such a concerned expression on the South Park thumbnails?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I've long accepted that Jim Cornette doesn't really like wrestling. But at this point talking about it pretending there's wrestling he likes (which isn't the kind he watches) is his bread and butter.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

A wise man once said:
"I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally."
-Slayer, probably

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Anyone got the burger towel rant on hand? I would like to have explained to me that, yes, of course I need a burger towel.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

Anyone got the burger towel rant on hand? I would like to have explained to me that, yes, of course I need a burger towel.

found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGgzjXKAKPI&t=284s

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Unrolling my beef jerky towel to eat and drive safely.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Vince should release the corny banana tape. I'm sure he has it.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Lmao

I wonder what cornette's final fantasy tier list looks like

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

Thumbnails are getting absurd

there's so much going on here, jesus christ, what's the podcast even about these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Why is there a gigantic q-tip and why is it so angry at Swerve.