Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Smoky Mountain Wrestling (1991 - 1995)
IWA Mid-South (1996 - today)

the numbers speak for themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ian's a wrestling promoter so trying to lionize him as a great human being is a futile task

but he's got more skin in the game than Cornette does and mostly minds his own business.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Maki's twitter is currently under renovation.

Maki is currently sleeping, please do not bother her with this bullshit.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

jim's pretty fuckin awful but 2000 Terry Funk vs 2000 Taker would have been a spectacle. Maybe do a motorcycle keys ladder match or something for a little extra McMahonism.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah he sucks hard.

I just liked the idea of Terry Funk windmilling Taker's teeth out.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Matt's doing his best work since the original Broken run and Cornette has the gall to criticize this? That's blatant clickbaiting.

Also way to break kayfaybe, Jimmy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

having sat through 6+ hours of Raven's art of booking shoots, I can tell you that most self professed wrestling geniuses are tremendous idiots that you can boil down to 2 minutes worth of "smart" soundbytes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

^^^missed you too, homie.

Mob posted:

shhh don't say the quiet part loud or else people may start to question Jake Roberts's "psychology"

psychology is for boring dunderheads who can't get poo poo like bodyslams and arm locks over. just loving useless in today's wrestling.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'd rather watch ppl powerbomb each other rather than pretend they both have ruptured ACLs.

coconono fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 4, 2021

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

cagliostr0 posted:

How soon we forget Jose Cansecos epic entry into the super hluk tournament

and dramatic exit.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don't think there's too much more oral history we can extract from cornette, best to throw him in the volcano.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The only way I'd listen to Jim Cornette's thoughts on Nick Gage is if he told a bunch of bruise bedlam stories instead.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah that's not good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nick Gage ending deathmatch tourism did more to protect the business than Jim Cornette lying about his boys' whereabouts.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

just let him keep talking until he incriminates himself

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Orange Carlisle posted:

"until"

Dude has been saying gross poo poo and burning bridges for clicks for years now he will always have his base of shitheads who listen

no, we're getting to the part where the FBI has to intervene because suddenly they have leads to missing persons.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hoss Corncave posted:

There was that feud that he and Kenny Bolin had years ago where they were saying all kinds of things about each other and when they finally had their "debate", I clearly remember Cornette saying to Bolin "You're a Grizzly Smith!" after some talk about young girls. If he wasn't aware about it when it was going on, he definitely was about 10 years ago.

Kenny Bolin also produced Jim Cornette's illegitimate biracial child at one point. There were a lot of telling things in those exchanges.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wasn't Cornette's run in Mid-South extremely brief. Like 5-6 months?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cornette's def covering for people. I think the FBI should go through their missing persons cases and see if his well-documented travel schedule lines up.

or just have some MDK leg breakers show up at his house.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kenny was there when Fale killed Daryl

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I mean, Omega, who wasn't even involved with the planning or the execution of the segment, called up some fan in his best Jim Cornette voice and convinced him to jump the rails. This is on top of putting his own segments together, doing executive QA on the game project, scheduling his dates, drafting harrassing subtweets to Jim Cornette and polishing his belts. Busy guy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vince MechMahon posted:

They're implying the guy was a false flag.

and I'm implying they're a goddamn moron for even considering it was nothing more than some cornpilled idiot jumping the railing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cornette toured places where electricity, clean water and telephone service wasn't guaranteed. Higher than average infant mortality rates. So your diceroll on dipshit fans also includes Brings A Gun, Steals Cars and personal favorite: Elaborate Family Vendetta

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

As I go through 2004 ROH again I keep thinking about what a shame it is that Cornette is the way he is. If he were open minded he'd maybe be less racist, but he could also be a really beloved figure in non WWE wrestling. The angles he does with the Midnight Express and Heenan are a lot of fun. But as he starts to really lose his mind in the aughts he becomes this sad shell of himself... and more of a bigot.

and it was a conscious choice too. No one could reign Cornette in, so pretty much any place of note cut bait with him once they realized this. Say what you want about Russo but I don't think I've ever heard a story of him going into a screaming and cursing tirade over an angle not going down how he imagined it.

You can't make money with heat machines that can't turn off. Particularly ones that get violent, racist or misogynistic. One of the reasons Delirious Era ROH sucked so hard was they had to waste time untangling whatever bloodfeud Cornette and some office type got wrapped up in.

People can blubber about freespeech or the way things were all they want. Meanwhile the rest of the industry has dates and houses to fill.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sba posted:

can someone sum up for me why Jim hates AEW/Omega/etc?? I've never heard the backstory of it

two things:
1. Omega is a hot non-WWE wrestler right now, easy to drive clicks by attempting to own him
2. Omega decided not to do an ROH date and instead took a last minute booking in Japan when Jim was handling talent for ROH. Which, if you dig into Cornette's management style(mostly cursing and violent threats), you can see why Kenny's like nah gently caress that, I'd rather wrestle some matshow in Shinjuku Face's lobby.

Kenny King also did what Kenny did but did Chippendales instead of Japan. Also gets the same level of vitriol.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

and yeah AEW didn't give Cornette a job, despite his GLOWING track record in the last 30 years. So obviously AEW is stupid and doesn't know what they're doing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

and by glowing, I mean he pretty much burnt down everything he touched by being a loud rear end in a top hat.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

a real ninja turtle would not have lowered himself to Cornette's level.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

collocation posted:

This is slightly different.

Kenny told ROH that he was injured. He then sent a super obvious joke picture of a mangled leg to Delirious to be funny, per Kenny. Per Cornette, he was trying to pass off an obvious fake leg pic as an excuse. He then went to a Japanese show at which he was given an award. He didn't wrestle. Cornette decided this meant that he was faking.

ok Cornette always alleges that Omega wrestled. I think I heard Omega tell the story once and keep forgetting the detail discrepancies.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I feel like a (thankfully) small amount of wrestling fans dislike AEW for those reasons alone. It's sickening.

JWM and Nick Gage have both publicly supported the Wrestling Is For Everyone stuff which has really wised a lot of people up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Long-Time Lurker posted:

The olds and old-adjacent constantly whining about anything "killing/exposing the business" when the business has been exposed for decades just makes wrestling look even lamer to outsiders imo. It's just so pathetic.

it really hasn't tho? People don't chant bump and feed or whatever. They come and cheer on their faves and boo their rivals. A great time is had by all except for crummy old men who are mad because their rapey hordes aren't venerated.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

only if Tony Stark is intimately familiar with Corny's hottub

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Robert Downey Jr calling Chris Pratt a jabronie. That's high tier TV.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jim Cornette’s wife scissors

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pylons posted:

This is the Cornette thread, but apparently Konnan is expressing doubt on his podcast that Hangman should be the next champion because "the fans may want it, but Hangman doesn't bring any new fans into the product".

The only way to get over with Konnan is to watch his matches and tell him how much you loved him throwing shoes and poo poo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

jim's just firing stuff out of the turd cannon at this point. When you see him blowing up, you should be like "ok grandpa, its time for your prunes."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if you're giving Jim Cornette's podcast (a known source of filth and old man yells at clouds bullshit) sponsorship money, you probably know what you're getting.

If Jim wasn't loving with worker's money putting hit pieces on them, it'd be a great comedy podcast. The bits they did with the morbidly obese conman hold up pretty well, aside from the Jim Cornette's illegitimate child bit. That was pretty racist.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

honestly someone just showing a gun and not acting a fool was probably a change of pace.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DeathChicken posted:

Apparently his goal was to gamble until he lost it all, he didn't even want what he stole

dude wanted to play CEO for a day and we put him in jail. What Nick Gage does to us, we deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cornette doesn’t even have a cameo. What a loser.