Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
jesse ventura is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Disappointed to learn that this person is not part of the On Cinema Universe

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
For what it's worth (gently caress all) I reported his last tweet for abuse.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
There’s no “hate speech” report on YouTube, it says “hateful or abusive content” and it’s definitely abusive content so you can stop your bellyaching

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
How do you get CTE playing baseball. Are you really getting hit in the head that often by the pitcher

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Benne posted:

Headfirst slides, collisions with the catcher, crashing into the wall chasing a fly ball, etc. Head injuries in baseball are more common than people think.

Ah good point. Didn’t think of that.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Here's what Dave had to say about Cornette and the fan who jumped the barricade in last week's newsletter.

quote:

The fan who hopped the rail at the beginning of the Chris Jericho/MJF segment, and Jericho threw a few punches at, later went on Twitter and claimed he did it for Jim Cornette and Vince Russo. In a moment it brought up the ugliest part of shock jocks, social media and mental illness all in one package. Both Cornette and Russo make it a habit of burying AEW, Cornette because the Young Bucks and Kenny Omega’s success hit a bad nerve because it proved times changed and he was out-of-touch and the more success they had the more he had to yell and scream that they weren’t. Russo was just mad because Khan would never hire him and he could pull the ratings stuff for people who don’t understand how television has changed in the last ten years. Anyway, you have this guy looking for attention from both Cornette and Russo, which is an irony in and of itself, saying he wanted to show these guys dressing up and playing wrestlers were pussies so he wanted to attack them. The guy was nuts, but he was encouraged by Cornette’s hate speech and wanted to impress Cornette, who promptly figuratively told him to go to hell and that he doesn’t condone anyone jumping the barricades. So that does put Cornette over Donald Trump, the guy he’s usually compared to, because Trump would have wished the guy well. Look, Cornette never wanted anyone to jump the rail, and the guy had a screw loose, but the guy went out and told everyone he did it to impress Cornette, and to a lesser extent Russo. Are they responsible because one of their listeners is a nutcase? No. Will either reflect on the fact that even though the guy was a nut, they were the ones who influenced him by their own over-the-top stuff? Of course not. Omega wrote “Is it finally time to assume some responsibility and dial the online persona back a bit? Your low IQ man children have evolved from parroting your comments to actually acting out in (attempted) violence.” Cornette responded by agreeing that the guy was a nut and that they agree on that one thing, and then said, “Two clarifications: Unlike you, I’ve seen violence in an arena and this wasn’t it, and secondly looking at your supporters, I wouldn’t toss the phrase low IQ around.” One thing for certain, Jim Cornette is among the last people who should talk about IQ levels of supporters because legitimately that’s the one thing he has in common with Vince Russo is some of the dumbest supporters which does reflect on their childish shock-jock attempts to rile people up for attention. The only difference is that Cornette is actually so entertaining people still talk about him while Russo is almost completely ignored at this point. Brian Last tried to deflect from the subject saying that Omega should cut bait with Don Callis for how he treated women behind the scenes in Impact and said, “Bad things only count when they’re done by people who criticize your bad in-ring emoting.” Last hasn’t cut bait with Cornette, so that probably wasn’t the tact to take. Omega responded to Cornette saying, “Hey Jim, I think you’re one of the greatest wrestling historians going and I enjoyed your work with Dark Side of the Ring. For whatever it’s worth, I sincerely hope that you’re remembered for your positive contributions to the wrestling business. That’s all.” Nobody can take away from Cornette that he is an entertaining talker and is great on Dark Side, but that doesn’t take away that his catering to the lowest common denominator did lead to nutjobs having irrational hate on people for no reason other than he riled then up, and ultimately that’s what created the situation in question. The sad part of all this, and this really is the sad part, is that all the attention created by this situation and that “big stars” like Cornette and Omega and Matt Hardy and many others were talking about this lowlife is an encouragement to others to follow suit and the best thing would be for everyone to just pretend he doesn’t exist and for people like me not to have to cover them. So did anyone learn a thing from this? Perhaps, but not the people who needed to

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
alright I’m calling it folks, this Jim Cornette fella is a hypocrite!!!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1418354200417914884

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the only person it might’ve harmed is the bank teller

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Im sure the teller is fine and I didn’t mean to imply he hurt anyone physically but if a guy who looked like gage tried to rob me even non-violently I’d probably piss myself in fear lol. in the moment you wouldn’t know what he’s gonna do

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Punk will have a match against Kenny or the Bucks and Cornette will immediately think Punk’s bad now

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
sounds like poor old jim is just phoning it in now. that won't keep the subs and views coming. he needs omega to wrestle a doll or something.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Puppy Doll posted:

...I just realized I forgot to change the sickos dialogue.

Fantastic

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/RebyHardy/status/1474212605157945346

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

BGrifter posted:

I feel like Conrad Thompson seems to be involved with a lot of the worst podcasts.

He does Schiavone, Arn and JR which are all uncontroversial. The Prichard one is good if you want insight into the Mind of Vince. Dunno about the Jarrett one.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/jeremylambert88/status/1511671167664410626

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Corny running out of pops

https://twitter.com/TheSportatorium/status/1527370639736438786

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
why are there 100 new posts in the cornhole thread

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

lol

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I hope we get an oral history of the Bischoff selling for the bird segment one day with all participants.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Cornette just loves the fed. He pretends to be mr old school wrasslin but he’s just as fedbrained as wwegareth or jobbernation

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

pretty cool how this thread doubles as a place to condemn a 60 year old rich kid from Kentucky for being insufficiently progressive and also a place where a guy who used to be named MassRayPer and his friends can do kinkshaming

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Epic rereg guy but reg date from 2020….now that’s thinking ahead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
sounds like y’all need to apologise to corny

https://x.com/leslieleeiii/status/1784445813940170860?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g