Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
just in case you were thinking that Jim Cornette could not possibly make himself look bad while tearing into Joey Ryan

he confuses "women are now more comfortable speaking up about these things" with "these things never happened before", goes on about how Back In The Day the Consenting Adult Female Fans were lining up to gently caress The Boys so none of them ever did anything improper and they especially never had relations with underage girls, and today's wrestlers have to be sex pests because they're Girly Pussies who wrestle bad so no women want to gently caress them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

it's clear she intended to get flagged if you watch the videos in question bc they're just full segments of the show with half-assed anti-copyright detection editing done to them. her other videos that are just as negative use shorter clips and didn't get flagged. ignoring my personal feelings about copyright and what should constitute fair use, it's clearly beyond what has become Common Sense Fair Use on youtube, and she absolutely knew that given that she went to the effort to edit the clips in an attempt to circumvent content ID.

that said, tony should not have responded to her on twitter. beyond emboldening her and drawing in the fair use crusaders who have no connection to wrestling, you're just drawing attention to an extremely toxic voice that will likely benefit from Being Cancelled by a Billionaire or whatever narrative they're going to construct. i know to a certain degree the system requires you to put effort into protecting your copyright and they are beholden to some degree to TNT, so just flag it and ignore her. if you have to address it, do it generally instead of targeting a specific person and being passive aggressive

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

i like the one guy talking about how jim has a nicer house than him like it's some indicator of his success

he literally lives in his parents house that they've owned for over half a century on a country road on the outskirts of loving louisville

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

it's a chud

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

cornette sucks but he is not responsible for even 0.1% as much harm as rush loving limbaugh and at the very least claims to support policies that would be objectively good

he's just a bigoted piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat who hates everybody and has bad opinions about most things and especially wrestling, not a literal evil scumsucking demon who is legitimately responsible for decades of misery, suffering and death

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

where do u fall on the constant insinuations that kenny omega is a pedophile

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

It's kind of funny that this dipshit artist couldn't find a reference for Joe that doesn't make him come off as going "WTF is this racist nonsense?"

i understand not giving Jim the benefit of the doubt but if you actually listen to the video he's talking about TNA wasting the best years of Joe's career and doing stuff like the fire dance entrance that he supposedly didn't want to have (and blaming it all on Russo) so this is kind of the intended effect

of course it rings hollow after fantasy booking an angle where Jacob Fatu comes into AEW as the Scary Ethnic Heel to beat up Jon Moxley where Jim would cut a promo about how white boys from the midwest aren't tough but Ethnic Guys from California are tough and scary

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

BGrifter posted:

Also he does a running gag with a fake lawyer

i regret to inform you the lawyer is real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6njXA8qdoH4

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

idk its probably not easy to just sit there and move on when someone you've been friends with for decades goes nuts and trashes you on his podcast every week while insisting that actually you're the one the went nuts and are trashing him on your podcast

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

if you can manage it i recommend listening to at least the beginning part of jim talking about the hangman segment from dynamite for one of the most scathing insights into his mind possible told to you by the man himself

like forget just being out of touch with wrestling, he's out of touch with thousands of years of basic storytelling and psychology

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

to cornette it doesn't matter if you're over in AEW because you're only over to AEW fans and if you get over with people who aren't AEW fans they are now AEW fans so it doesn't matter

it would continue to not matter even if they sold out a 50,000 seat stadium and were getting 5 million viewers because those people are all AEW fans and not the old lady he lives near who used to go to the matches at the gardens to hook up with the wrestlers back when they were real men who had lots of sex and didnt play videogames and were tough and i wish one of them would just wrap me in their huge arms and tell me i'm one of them

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

remember when jim was fired from NWA commentary for making a racist joke that he tried to defend by saying actually it was a starvation joke

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

he hates rap, if anybody does a flip he fast forwards, hates matches with no rules, hates hardcore stuff, if there is more than one person moving at a time he doesn't know what's going on, is racist and the young bucks have insulted him to his face

basically a perfect storm of a match to make cornette mad. the only way to get him to watch less of a match is if there's women wrestling.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

why is Curt Hennig in Owen's gear

also it should be noted that Cornette is completely right regarding this subject and shits on the WWE cultists who are mad about it so let that be a sobering reminder of how out of touch and delusional those people are in comparison

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 24, 2021

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

good thumbnails, praising AEW, what in the world is happening

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Hogan is explicitly banned for life from even attending an AEW show.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

sorry about your friend but you forgot to cover his name signed on the action figures

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

just suddenly become the biggest Young Bucks and Kenny Omega fan and ask him if he saw their latest matches and talk about how great it was and say you looked them up after you heard their names from his wrestling podcast and how it's cool that wrestling nowadays has so many cool moves and flips and it's more like art than two old sweaty drunks rubbing against eachother

then ask him to Too Sweet you and put your hand up like this

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Cornette and his girlfriend booked and filmed and aired on television Batista being summoned by magic ceremony out of the water to wrestle as a swamp monster

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Low Desert Punk posted:

why are you posting one of the few cool things Corny did as a negative

its much more absurd than him wrestling somebody in a ninja turtle costume if you want to bring up things he's done that run counter to his stated beliefs about pro wrestling and it's something he was solely responsible for

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

jim will go on about realism or simulated combat but he really wants cartoonish brawling where dudes flail their arms and fall over when getting pawed at by worked punches and then immediately get up to feed for more punches

it doesn't look phony to him because that's how they did it since he was a kid and if you examine most of his complaints that's the real issue and whatever else he comes up with is just how he justifies it to himself. like it's impossible to take somebody seriously when they say vtriggers look weak because the person taking it doesn't do a back bump.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

The_Rob posted:

I don’t get the complaint about the standing in the ring trading spots thing. It’s tough guy posturing. It’s two guys trying to prove who the strongest toughest dude is. That’s all you need to know about that spot.

well if they're so tough why don't their strikes make the other guy fly backwards off their feet. if they were actually tough that is what would happen so then it would be very stupid to sit there and let yourself be hit by one of them.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

i was not prepared for the other art of the latest guest thumbnail artist

VERY NSFW and kinda hosed up
https://www.instagram.com/mxdx_gorejess/
VERY NSFW and kinda hosed up

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

be sure to check out his backup account for the even wilder poo poo

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Orange Carlisle posted:

he's been wearing those glasses for decades, of course he's going to defend pedophiles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmAz3CotdbU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

edogawa rando posted:

Bubba Ray can eat poo poo while he's shutting the gently caress up. Who the gently caress is he to play morality police with Mox saying "gently caress" when the poo poo he spewed out of the sphincter grafted on to his fat loving face every time he held a mic in ECW in his stupid fat hands is a matter of record.

he's not mad about mox saying gently caress lol

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

kenny omega moves spryly and does finger guns and he just found the most homophobic way to convey that because his only real problem with kenny omega is he's not performatively traditionally masculine enough and jim cornette is a soft insecure mommas boy

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

ranting about muslims went so well for you last time, Jim. maybe you can run off another co-host keep it up

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPg2D5ew-tg

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Saul Goode posted:

Has anyone ventured into the Cornzone long enough to find out what dribbled out of his brain hole?

he hates moxley, yuta is asian, doesn't pay attention or just forgets what happened so has missed like most of the story beats

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

his omnibus' things are just a collection of every time he's talked about a thing and since he talked about AEW twice weekly for almost 3 years it's gonna be pretty long

the worst part is that someone went through and edited it and that people will listen to it. Also the first bit is him predicting Cody would book himself like Jeff Jarrett and kill the promotion and there were people in the comments talking about how prophetic that was??? Then I stopped listening but lol.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

i'm sure his reaction would actually be "who?"

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

"You know, as a matter of fact, none of the Asian talents -- Professor Tanaka, Mr. Fuji, Tojo Yamamoto -- anybody in the territory days were as stereotypical and racist and offensive to that particular ethnic group as the way all the companies have these girls acting these days. And can you imagine if they'd been doing the equivalent for the African American talent, or the Hispanic talent. When they had Cryme Tyme literally admitting they were stealing things from people on the street or when they had Eddie Guerrero "He Lies, He Cheats, He Steals", he still didn't talk like a simpleton with brain damage."

Corny's new deflection from accusations of racism every time he talks about a Japanese woman is this, I guess.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 15:15 on May 28, 2022

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

they're not even jokes its just the artist taking unrelated things corny says in a clip and combining them. like in that one he's saying McDonalds sells the most burgers but they're bad burgers as a way to say AEW being successful doesn't matter. So just throw Dave eating McDonalds on there.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

corny got an hour out of like 2 minutes of kenny omega talking casually on a twitch stream and they're by far his most popular videos in a long time. some of the most unhinged comments about how obsessed kenny is with cornette, when jim talks about kenny almost weekly despite not being on TV in over 6 months. ironically one of the comments they covered is kenny saying jim has to talk about him to stay relevant.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

jim's inability to order the ROH pape almost killed him and he destroyed several thousand dollars of his own merchandise in the process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

he's also concluded that Starks is being hidden, while reviewing a segment where Starks had two matches in a row and then an amazing promo leading into an angle that is going to be followed up on this week. after he's just been involved in the tag title scene and been on TV or PPV every week.