Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bartok
May 10, 2006

smikey posted:

Smokey Mountain was broadcast at least locally, wasn't it? Let us remember the saga of Cowabunga the legally distinct anthropomorphized wrestling turtle that is also a ninja.

I remember it played on one of the non-network affiliated UHF channels in Cincinnati when I was a kid. Happy days when it folded and was replaced by ECW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Cornette is professional wrestling's Rush Limbaugh

He's a pill popping pedophile too?

bartok
May 10, 2006

I just hope Dark Side of the Ring stops using him as a talking head.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Lumbermouth posted:

Isn’t Charlie Haas a notoriously unpleasant person to work with on top of the racism?

I vaguely remember that being the case when he was in ROH.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Nea posted:

I might have to check that out at some point. I get the impression Jeff Jarrett doesn't like, horrifically suck as a person or anything, he's just the ultimate carnie. Which, you know! Produces a lot of interesting stories. I had no idea he had a podcast.

Tell that to Daffney

bartok
May 10, 2006

keithy george posted:

Someone stopped by me at traffic lights and I could see on their media display they were listening to Cornette. The only wrestling podcast I've seen anyone listen to in public so that's a win.

He can't be that popular but I wonder about people tuning in to hear about how poo poo Kenny Omega is every week. If I listen to a podcast about how WWE is poo poo, at least I was once very invested in that product so I have a connection to it. How much do people listen to Cornette talk about people they themselves never watch?

Honestly the only podcast that wasn't Joe Rogan I've seen someone listen to in public is Deadlock. Those guys seem genuinely nice and have fun wrestling opinions for the most part.

bartok
May 10, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

I've never seen someone listen to a podcast because it's impossible, podcasts are audio.

I take the bus to work and sometimes at red lights I'll glance in someones car and see the description of what they are listening to. There is also a guy that rides on my route from time to time and he listens to Joe Rogan sans earbuds.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Paper Lion posted:

the beat the champ belt was insanely dumb because how are you gonna get invested in any of those matches? youre either cheering for your guy to win 5 times and then not be champion anymore because hes stripped of his accolades for kicking too much rear end, or youre cheering for someone to get a belt that doesnt mean anything.

I could see it working if you got a world title shot after 5 defenses. I assume that wasn't the case.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Shard posted:

Jim Cornette is the Rush Limbaugh of wrestling

a pill popping pedophile?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Disney did a remake of Mighty Joe Young starring Charlize Theron back in 1998. It sucked poo poo and Jim Cornette is a racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

CombineThresher posted:

Corny's repeated insistence that Matt Morgan was the next big thing always made me laugh. 7 feet tall or not, that dude sucked.

The Hellevator is a cool name for a finisher. That's the only nice thing I can say about Matt Morgan.