Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Bloody posted:

and yeah apple maps seems basically unusable outside of the US but it very much suits my needs. Thankfully

i have found apple maps really nice here in paris because google can not for the love of god design their maps so that i see the street names clearly. once you realise that google's map rendering design is geared towards showing you sponsored locations and whatever, it's impossible to unsee how little useful information there is

another alternative is maps.me - the downside (or upside) is that you need to download the full map for the region you are in, but then it stays in your phone and works offline as well. you don't get updated public transport schedules but at least in tokyo the app told you what trains you needed to take to get to your destination
also some forest trails were shown way better than on google maps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU